One FINAL Note on I-65 traffic see 511 Link July 05, 2011 12:41PM
The link to Kentucky's 511 traffic report is attached below. Plug in your address and your destination and it will advise you about the status of the roads. Currently there's two major backups on 65, but if you play your cards right you can have relatively smooth sailing and will not need to take an alternate route.

Kentucky Road Report

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2011 02:20AM by Bryan Lively.

Re: Traffic to Pulls through KY on I-65 south of ElizabethtownHotYawning July 06, 2011 02:50PM
We live here in Munfordville. Traffic is a nightmare. They are working on a bridge on 31W in munfordville that closes 1 lane as well. Northbound is worse than South bound. 31E is also an altenate route.

The Better Route, Part 2 (31E) July 06, 2011 03:21PM
Highway 31E is a good road, mostly 2 lane but still very good. It may be a little faster compared to the previous suggestion, so it is up to you all to make the call.

To get to 31E from I-65 and back to I-65:

Coming southbound on I-65, get off at exit 91 and go towards Hodgenville. The sign should be marked as such along with subsequent signs. You'll be heading EAST on the Western KY Parkway. The Parkway ends at the intersection of the WK and 31W. Cross 31W and you're now on the Lincoln Parkway also marked as HWY 61. Stay on the Lincoln and watch for the intersection of the Lincoln and 31E . Larue Co. HS, a grocery and some restaurants will be at this intersection. Turn right (SOUTH) onto 31E. You'll pass Lincoln's Birthplace on the right on 31E shortly after turning FYI. Stay on 31E into the city of Glasgow (45 miles south of Hodgenville) and keep on it until you come to the Cumberland Parkway/Louie B Nunn Parkway. Head WEST on the Parkway, and you'll intersect with I-65 in about 10 miles or so. Head south as normal towards Nashvegas, Tennessee.

A big thanks to Wade Jackson and Walt on the suggestion!

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/07/2011 01:52AM by Bryan Lively.

Re: Traffic to Pulls through KY on I-65 south of ElizabethtownHotYawning July 09, 2011 11:25AM
i went up 31w wednesday and didnt see a one lane bridge must have been south of where i got off.

Re: Traffic to Pulls through KY on I-65 south of ElizabethtownHotYawning July 09, 2011 11:28AM
When i came through on my way back 65 was not one lane, they must not be working during the weekend in some spots.(just could be today though).

Re: NEW--Traffic Suggestions for Southbound I65 traffic in KY Parts 1 and 2 July 10, 2011 08:53AM
I've been getting different reports. I went up 31E and across bluegrass pkwy this weekend to get to Gtown so I avoided it altogether. My thought is this: Go to the KDOT traffic website to see what's up before any travel in the area. I just don't want to create a hassle with these traffic snafus, so I will update as I see changes. Wanna keep everybody rolling!

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,670, Posts: 229,762, Members: 3,327.
This forum: Topics: 37,076, Posts: 225,938.

Our newest member JD_8520