Help with DT466 cams for 3000rpm Hot Farm July 07, 2011 02:17PM
Looking for help with Guys and numbers for good cam guys. Looking for one in an IH 466. Running 3000rpm hot farm. Tractor I bought had a brand new built motor with a performance cam. Didnt get any info on it when I bought tractor. Had problems getting tractor to clean out and light on the line. Pulled head off and found valves hitting pistons slightly. Valve reliefs are about 1/8 inch deep. Valve where adjusted properly to my knowledge. Just shooting in the dark here with no knowledge of what cam is in motor. How can a guy find out what I acually have for a cam and who might have good hot farm cams to purchase.

Re: Help with DT466 cams for 3000rpm Hot Farm July 08, 2011 03:20AM
Which valves were hitting, intake or exhaust. Cam timing effects valve to piston clearance, you may just need to adjust it to solve the contact problem. Other than that you will need to degree the cam and find out what the duration and lobe separation is. Then people will be able to give opinions on whether you have a cam that is suited to your application.

Re: Help with DT466 cams for 3000rpm Hot Farm July 08, 2011 06:45AM
If you had the head redone, they may have the set it up with alot of valve protrusion and that is causing your clearance issues. Look at the back of your currunt cam. Alot of cam grinders will scribe the grind numbers there. I have also seen them on the nose behind the gear. IMO take as little out of the pistons as you can, 3000 rpm tractors like high compression

Re: Help with DT466 cams for 3000rpm Hot Farm July 08, 2011 09:44AM
300' Farmer is right. Check the back of cam, most grinders do put their numbers and name on the back. The correct cam timming could make the difference in valve clearance. As well as valve protrusion.

If you are not sure how to degree a cam to find out what the cam is, you could send the cam to us and we can profile the cam, and tell you exactly what it is. If then you think you would want a different grind, we can help you with that. We do a lot of 3000 RPM grinds, and hot farm grinds.

Give me call or email me if you have any questions.

Eric
No Limit MFG
PH: 715-384-4422
Email: nolimitmfg@yahoo.com

Re: Help with DT466 cams for 3000rpm Hot Farm July 08, 2011 11:31AM
cut ur valve reliefs in the pistons to .250 and u can run any cam at least ive been told

Re: Help with DT466 cams for 3000rpm Hot Farm July 09, 2011 02:57PM
pull the cam,send it to chuck vogel,he will cam dr, it, tell u exactly what u have, then try one of his,the best there is for that class,,, hands down, tremendous torque with his cam

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,779, Posts: 229,957, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,040.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009