Cubes: 310 limit
Chargers: Unlimited
Fuel type: Gas, Diesel, or alcohol
Fuel pump: Unlimited
Weight: 4500
Chassie: Ag or Component
Tires: Unlimited
No Fuel advantages or disadvantages

The rest of the rules would be same as super stocks classes.

Would bring out lots of colors and make for interesting class.

Any Ideas?

Thanks
Justin

Re: New Class Idea: Ultra Light Super Stocks July 08, 2011 07:04AM
Sounds like a dream class for mack!!!

Re: New Class Idea: Ultra Light Super Stocks July 08, 2011 07:09AM

With a 4500 lb weight I am assuming you were thinking of midsize/utility tractors.would be a good class to tie in with garden tractor pulls.

Re: New Class Idea: Ultra Light Super Stocks July 08, 2011 07:15AM
I think it would be better with a 5500lb limit 4500lb would be hard to get to with anything out there now

Re: New Class Idea: Ultra Light Super Stocks July 08, 2011 07:16AM
The class sounds like a great idea but why not make the cubic inch limit like 360. This way the 354 Perkins and the 5.9 cummins could play. This would allow Oliver, MF, and White to compete. Also make the weight like 5000 or 5500.

Re: New Class Idea: Ultra Light Super Stocks July 08, 2011 07:57AM
The Truth
The class sounds like a great idea but why not make the cubic inch limit like 360. This way the 354 Perkins and the 5.9 cummins could play. This would allow Oliver, MF, and White to compete. Also make the weight like 5000 or 5500.

I think you might be right; 360 Cubes, 5000 pounds.

I think a class like that would give no type of fuel or manufacturer a competitive advantage.

Re: New Class Idea: Ultra Light Super Stocks July 08, 2011 09:01AM
Do you think that 360 cubic inches would create a 5.9 cummins only class???

Re: New Class Idea: Ultra Light Super Stocks July 08, 2011 07:33AM
My thought was to keep the cubes and weight down enough to make it a 4cyl class with tractors from every color, plus bring in some models (mid size 75-100 hp base tractor before built up) not normaly seen in pulling. Not just the largest models built by each manufacturer.

I have seen some pulls on the internet of over seas pulls with tractors that were mid size, turning lots of R's and wheel speed. I'm not sure what rules I was seeing but the class looked pretty sweet.

I think a mid size tractor built with a component chassie could make it down pretty low weight. Keep the weight down so and wheel speed up.

"lssfan" I have a feeling a 4,500 pound multi charger tractor is a bit more then your local garden pulling track & sled can handle.

Just thinking of a class that is nothing like what is out there; Not a slight spin off of another class, but a something really different.

Just an idea

Re: New Class Idea: Ultra Light Super Stocks July 08, 2011 08:50AM
justin 310 is plenty for the cubes and oliver and allis and ford all can get in, 4500 is plenty for the wt and the mini rod sled could probably be used to stop this class. Keep it light and small cube and it could really be fun.

Re: New Class Idea: Ultra Light Super Stocks July 08, 2011 01:49PM
im agreeing with george..every tractor class is based on the 466 style blocks,or at least it sure seems that way.

Re: New Class Idea: Ultra Light Super Stocks September 13, 2017 08:30AM
The lightest we have here are 2.5t (5500 lbs). As far as it concerns classes with hoods, they are all rpm limited.
The strongest 4 cyl class here is the 3.4t (7500 lbs) Super Sport (Hot Farm) with 330 cui limit.
https://youtu.be/_cfuWLd8Jzc
But that's probably not what you had in mind.

Floating Finish - the German Tractor Pulling Web Show and EU Live Streams: [www.youtube.com]

Re: New Class Idea: Ultra Light Super Stocks July 08, 2011 07:34AM
tractor of tomorrow

Component Chassie
23.1 x 26 (combine tire)
4500lb
Ford 300 six (pickup truck block) or 292 Chevy block you pick.
Muncie 465 (Profab Machine kit)

Re: New Class Idea: Ultra Light Super Stocks July 08, 2011 11:54AM
310 cubes for gas or alky and 350 or 360 for diesel or 310 gas or alky ONE turbo and 310 diesel two turbos. Diesel always makes less HP per cubic inch if all other things are the same (cubes...turbo size...number of turbos...etc)

Re: New Class Idea: Ultra Light Super Stocks July 09, 2011 01:21AM
Sounds good to me. Lets go. MACK

Re: New Class Idea: Ultra Light Super Stocks July 09, 2011 02:02AM
those small tires would look pretty sweet with a 106 rockwell in between them

Re: New Class Idea: Ultra Light Super Stocks July 09, 2011 05:29AM
Does anyone remember East Central MO old light pro-stock classes??? This is what came to mind when I read this, I don't remember the rules, just that it was at 4500 lbs - gas and diesel only, no alcohol Sad

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2011 05:32AM by farmerboy70.

Re: New Class Idea: Ultra Light Super Stocks July 09, 2011 10:58AM
It does sound like a fun class but seems to be already too many different classes

Re: New Class Idea: Ultra Light Super Stocks July 09, 2011 12:03PM
The Logic that I was thinking is:

With a 640 cubic inche super farm with a limited turbo size you can only get so much air a fuel inside the motor. If you take a tractor half the weight, half the cubic inches and with multiple chargers lots of air and unlimited fuel system; you should have atleast have as much fuel and air inside the smaller motor as you do in the super farm. This would create a tractor with same or more horse power, with way more R's, lighter (meaning great tire speed). I think maybe a better show.

Does my math seem logical to anyone else? Would it work that way? Same amount of fuel & air, in any size motor should create similar Horse Power? I know it won't be perfect but close, right?

Bigger cubes and more weight is not interesting; When is the last time you seen a 14,000 or 16,500 pound super stock class? Its been awhile. Look at some old pictures of those classes, they had weights strapped to every inch of those tractors. Those classes did not survive the test of time.

Re: New Class Idea: Ultra Light Super Stocks July 09, 2011 01:52PM
There aren't many mini rod level sleds left, that might be a problem.

Re: New Class Idea: Ultra Light Super Stocks July 11, 2011 04:34AM
Arthur W
There aren't many mini rod level sleds left, that might be a problem.

I was thinking the class should have as much horse power as a Super Farm; It would be a lot lighter at 4,500 or 5,000 pounds, but would be turning tires much faster.

I was thinking it could still handle a full size sled just not as much weight in transfer box.

Re: New Class Idea: Ultra Light Super Stocks July 11, 2011 04:52AM
I think its a fantastic idea for guys with a smaller budget that are looking for the super stock excitement... No need for a big hauler at 5000#. Ive seen the 4 cyl class online and think that if a few would dare to build some of these tractors and have them do an exibition class at a few of the top events, this feaver might spread like wildfire. As for the sled... i would stick to the big one. So my call goes out to the builders out there... Please experiment with the utility tractors you have sitting around, then bring them to a pull an talk the promoters into letting you exibit/test out these smaller SS tractors.

Re: New Class Idea: Ultra Light Super Stocks July 11, 2011 05:12AM
360 cubes would be nice, could use the 336 moline 4cyl. then

Re: New Class Idea: Ultra Light Super Stocks July 11, 2011 05:25AM
360 cubic inch would also allow the small IH motor based on the 400 series.

Re: New Class Idea: Ultra Light Super Stocks July 11, 2011 06:23AM
yes 360 cubes would be the way to go so you could use a small deere motor, ih motor, and the 5.9 cummins are readily available also and motors would be inexpensive to build with no need to bore and stroke

Re: New Class Idea: Ultra Light Super Stocks July 11, 2011 06:32AM
thats crazy, everybody makes a motor smaller than 310 or heck 300 if you want to be simple. Ford, deere, case,oliver/white, allis, belarus, zetor, hesston, massey or name your brand. If you make it 360 you haven't created a class since that is already out there with the llss. Personally, I have had a couple of tractors that would have made nice ones for this class, 5000 ford and 88 oliver plus that 400 farmall. Heck even had a ub that would have worked with the 283 from the factory. Somehow I just don't think 360 is needed at that wt but I could live with it, just think in a few years it would be an all cummins show.

Re: New Class Idea: Ultra Light Super Stocks July 12, 2011 04:38AM
I agree ol George, keep it small so we dont end up with an all cummins lineup like we see with the IH in the usual hotfarm to ss classes.
By all means i am not bashing the cummins as its a good engine, I just like to see color and rivalry on the track. 300ci limit seems good to me. i would limit these machines on turbos also beacuse i dont think the rearend can hold 1000+hp. The last thing i want to see is machine comming apart and hurting the driver or the crowd... i wonder if i hybrid class could work ... what i mean by that is guys could choose to run the oem diesel engine or a small cube v8 like 302 fords or 305 chevys. i am sure that it would be easy to match up hp ratings via certain build limitations... i know there are some "hotrod" antique classes out there that could join the mix... what do you guys think of a combined v8 gas and 4 cyl diesel class? am I going too far with this ?

Re: New Class Idea: Ultra Light Super Stocks July 12, 2011 05:07AM
That would be another mini-rod class with tractor hoods.

Re: New Class Idea: Ultra Light Super Stocks July 12, 2011 05:26AM
i would not want to see a bunch of mini rods out there i would want to watch a class that looked and sounds like a real light super tractor but only lighter and i think 360ci limit would be good because guys could buy engines and heads off dodge pulling trucks and some of the state light supers theirs a bunch of parts out there that would be perfect for this class that people are selling to go bigger in there class it would be pretty cool to watch a tractor that weighed around 5000lbs with around 1000-1400 hp

Re: New Class Idea: Ultra Light Super Stocks July 12, 2011 06:06AM
I think we already have enough classes but I will show my own hypocrisy here. I like the idea of a class below 6000, 20.8's 360 max diesel only single charger. Here's the trick though: Match engine to sheet metal, sheetmetal to rear. You can basically create a cummins powered class with LOTS of color that will run pretty reliably given that the diesel truck guys have done a tremendous amount of homework on the 5.9 already.

I also really like the idea of a 4 cylinder class held below 5500 and 300 cubes and below. LOTS of those kinds of tractors in the weeds. I am already building a 7000 Ford row crop in my mind...

The final word from me is this: we have only X number of engines and tractors yet available for certain applications. Where the 400 Series IH is the Small Block Chevy of pulling, it could in the years to come lose that title by virtue of availability in light of the number of cummins 5.9 and 8.3 blocks available. It wont happen in five years but it could happen in time.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Re: New Class Idea: Ultra Light Super Stocks July 12, 2011 07:20AM
What about a 3020 jd would that work?

Re: New Class Idea: Ultra Light Super Stocks July 12, 2011 07:43AM
jd3020
What about a 3020 jd would that work?

At 270ci you fit the class if you can put it on a big diet to loose all the extra #s
:-)

Re: New Class Idea: Ultra Light Super Stocks July 12, 2011 08:36AM
I think 330ci it would allow MF318, IH312, Allis301, Ford304, JD329 i dont know about other brands. I am a cummins 5.9 fan and if it is 360 it would be very difficult to get anything to compete against it and stay together.

Re: New Class Idea: Ultra Light Super Stocks July 12, 2011 09:55AM
I would like to see this class allow component chassis because its cheaper and would be easier to set one up
like a super stock, all the work you would have to do to a mid size tractor trans and rearend could get real $$$$$
like someone said earlier use muncie with a profab kit and rockwell 106

Re: New Class Idea: Ultra Light Super Stocks July 12, 2011 11:01AM
In an effort to help keep some of the cost down, inline six cylinder pickup blocks (300 ford- 292 chevy-258 amc, and yes, the 225 slant six) should be let in. Clifford 6=8 has a large selection of performance parts for Ford/Chevy and Dodge(AMC) and Lakewood has bellhousings for all of them. With that said, small block V8s did get installed on some combines, however to me it might cross over into the HotRod/MiniRod.

Re: New Class Idea: Ultra Light Super Stocks July 12, 2011 10:57AM
I agree with cumminsracer on this.
Keeping the engine limit to less than 360 will open up more color. It is true that the 5.9 Cummins is a great pulling engine as it has been proven in the diesel 4WD pick-ups. But if that engine is allowed, you will soon have a class full of 5.9's in an Oliver chassis and nothing else. There are a lot of smaller cube engines out there that could be played with.
2nd thought; tire size should be limited to 18.4-34 or 16.9-38. 20.8 will be too heavy of a tire. A 23.1-26 could be an option.
3rd thought; tractor engines only- engine matches sheetmetal which matches rear end.
4th thought; less than 5500 lbs. There is no point in getting them so light that they cannot move the bigger sleds. There are just not enough samller sleds to go around. Thsi will also help the promoters as they will only need one sled for the night and that will help get some exibition pulls scheduled to generate more interest.

Re: New Class Idea: Ultra Light Super Stocks...seriously ? July 12, 2011 11:51AM
Original proposal was 310 c.i.,any fuel,chassis and turbochargers,4500 lbs. This type of tractor can't start

a modern boat ? It would take something like this to separate from current classes,possibly allowing

competitive four cylinder efforts. As for the 5.9 Cummins, let the truck pullers change the rules to allow

any ag engine displacing 360 c.i. and see how long anybody has one under the hood. 300 IH, 55 series

SBJD,Genesis Ford...more than competitive against 5.9 Cummins.

interested July 12, 2011 12:49PM
I would be interested in building one of these with a 3020 330 cid and 5500 class. I would be pulling in eastern and central minn and some western wis. Wondering if anyone else would be interestered in maing a class or if it would just be a waste of time

Re: interested July 12, 2011 01:02PM
hey at one time there was a 5500 lb super,and all these tractors mentioned made the weight,with a few lbs to spare....the trs havent changed,buss had that 4010,hulls 5 star,stauffers deutz,all kinds of ac and olivers,millers 8210,ck 570,all these pulled in 5500 at one time..

weight July 12, 2011 01:17PM
With a cage , better oil systems and all the other gadgets that pullers have added in the past 20 years ,will a cast iron tractor get down to 5500 with enough moveable weight to balance the tractor ??

Re: weight July 12, 2011 01:22PM
I think you could get a 3020 with steel rims could get to 5500

Re: weight July 12, 2011 03:41PM
Starting a sled would not be a problem. We pulled a 4500 lb class like this years ago when the sled's started alot harder than they do today. We pull a 6000 lb ss class in Mo. now 360 ci any thing over 360 must weigh 5700 lb. MACK

Re: weight July 13, 2011 02:17PM
There are already a couple of tractor running the llss class in Kentucky that will fit this class. 460 rearend and 301 motor

Re: New Class Idea: Ultra Light Super Stocks...seriously ? July 12, 2011 04:47PM
None of them engines are less than 360 maybe IH and I dont think the cummins has anything to prove it is a great pulling/working engine w/very small cubes.

Re: New Class Idea: Ultra Light Super Stocks...seriously ? July 13, 2011 05:06AM
Make the draw bar height around 16-17 max if your worried about front end weight

Re: New Class Idea: Ultra Light Super Stocks ANY TAKERS?? December 19, 2016 02:48AM
I think this would be a neat class. Here is my idea on rules.

Cubes: Diesel - 360 & Spark - 310, 10% allowance on 4 cylinder. (NO DECUBING OR CONVERTING FUELS)
Chargers - 2.80"
Fuel type - Gas, LPG, Diesel,or alcohol
Fuel pump - P7100, Mechanical Fuel Injection,or Single Carburetor
Weight - 4500
Chassis - Ag or Component
Tire - 30.5-32

It would only take 4 or 5 tractors to start this class. Rules could be tweaked or adjusted to work around existing tractors.Is there enough intrest to start this class in Northern Mo or Southern Ia?

Re: New Class Idea: Ultra Light Super Stocks ANY TAKERS?? December 19, 2016 02:59AM
I would like this if we can hook it to the mini rod sleds that would enhance the choices for pulls to add both type classes.

Re: New Class Idea: Ultra Light Super Stocks ANY TAKERS?? December 19, 2016 03:07AM
I think they will be fine with a big sled. They run a 3800 2wd class and they dont seem to have any trouble.

Re: New Class Idea: Ultra Light Super Stocks ANY TAKERS?? December 19, 2016 04:00AM
Interested - Why not just build a LLSS tractor with one of the groups that already have the class. I know that the MATTPA that runs in Eastern Nebraska and Western Iowa already have this class that is setup with rules similar to the National Rules that are being discussed and IAMO has a LLSS class and I believe that Twin States has one (but they don't allow alcohol) and Northwest has a lighter weight open class. Heck even the Outlaws are talking about some bastardized class of "LLSS" with their own rules that are a mix between yours and the real LLSS.

Build for what is there and not for a new class.

Re: New Class Idea: Ultra Light Super Stocks ANY TAKERS?? December 19, 2016 04:18AM
I don't disagree with that. The two things about this class I liked was the 4500 lbs and the component chassis. And the component chassis more than anything,

Re: New Class Idea: Ultra Light Super Stocks ANY TAKERS?? December 19, 2016 12:18PM
Good luck making weight @ 4500 # with 30.5 tires and 360 cu.in.diesel engine. You will still need weight on front and a driver !!! Maybe you can get a Horse Jockey to drive it !!

Re: New Class Idea: Ultra Light Super Stocks February 17, 2017 02:03PM
cumminsracer14
I think 330ci it would allow MF318, IH312, Allis301, Ford304, JD329 i dont know about other brands. I am a cummins 5.9 fan and if it is 360 it would be very difficult to get anything to compete against it and stay together.

Would love to see that super tough 5.9 go up against a Brent Long DTSmiling

Re: New Class Idea: Ultra Light Super Stocks December 26, 2016 11:34AM
I'm game

Re: New Class Idea: Ultra Light Super Stocks December 26, 2016 02:30PM
that turbine needs to be gas powered and in an international chassis since they already built one it should be no problem to make a pull tractor resemble one

Re: New Class Idea: Ultra Light Super Stocks December 20, 2016 12:55PM
Here's an idea, just lower the current LSS class to 5500lbs. The rest of the rules can remain the same as current LSS. No need to create anything completely new at all.

Re: New Class Idea: Ultra Light Super Stocks December 21, 2016 07:31AM
How about this and then pull the mini rod or garden tractor sled. Call it a Utility Pro Stock.

Cubes: 275, Maximum of 4 cylinder. (CONVERTING FUELS)
Charger - 2.60"
Weight - 3500
Chassis - Component
Tire - 18.4-16.1
Length - 9'
Wheel base - 80"

Re: New Class Idea: Ultra Light Super Stocks December 26, 2016 12:21PM
Why all the rules its a new class make it 4000 pound run what you brung class and shorten the 13ft from the center of the rear axel to 10ft 18.4 30 tire limit to keep the look rite the weight, the tires, and length ;would let any engine combination work.if your combination don't work its your bad .the only other rule it must look like a mid size tractor model if you can stick a turbine engine up under 4000 ford sheet metal go for it

Re: New Class Idea: Ultra Light Super Stocks February 13, 2017 01:30AM
Possible
How about this and then pull the mini rod or garden tractor sled. Call it a Utility Pro Stock.

Cubes: 275, Maximum of 4 cylinder. (CONVERTING FUELS)
Charger - 2.60"
Weight - 3500
Chassis - Component
Tire - 18.4-16.1
Length - 9'
Wheel base - 80"
There's already a club in Wisconsin with a class with similar rules already in place and I've seen and heard of a few being built.

Re: New Class Idea: Ultra Light Super Stocks February 13, 2017 05:00AM
There is a compact super stock trying to start up in Southern Iowa. Here is some of the basic rules.

ENGINE

Diesel - 360 Single Turbo or 260 Twin Turbos

Alcohol- 310 Single Turbo

FUEL

Diesel Engines - Injection pump limited 1 Plunger per cylinder.

Alcohol Engines - Mechanical Injection or Single Carburetor.

TURBO

Turbocharger(s) shall not exceed a 2.66”

CHASSIS

This class is for stock appearing tractors with full hood, grill and side panels. Must be recognizable as an actual production tractor. Engine must be covered by hood and/or side shields

Maximum length 9 feet from center of rear axle to forward most point. Excluding tow hook.

Maximum wheelbase 78".

TIRES

18.4-16.1

WEIGHT

4000 lbs

Re: New Class Idea: Ultra Light Super Stocks February 13, 2017 05:13AM
Heres the club in Wisconsin's rules:
Pro Stock Compact Diesel Tractor Division:
1)All Tri-County Pullers general rules and safety rules for the Open Division apply except as noted below.
2)Maximum weight 2100 lbs.
3)Single engine with a maximum of 250 cubic inches
4)This class is for stock appearing tractors with full hood, grill and side panels. Must be recognizable as an actual modern production compact tractor or small farm tractor. Hood and grill can be from a different make that engine/frame/rear end.
5)Engine must be compression ignition and use #2 Diesel Fuel* only. No spark plugs or alcohol as a fuel.
6)Hitch height up to 15 inches allowed
7)Engine must be commercially produced with at least 1000 units built. Engine block must have factory casting model and serial numbers visible. O.E.M. block cannot be altered in any way externally except for normal repair or for mounting fuel injection pumps.
8)Maximum of 4 cylinders
9)May be liquid or air cooled.
10)No belt driven cooling fans. Electric fans only.
11)O.E.M. head for that make/model engine only. No billet or aftermarket heads. No overhead cams. Maximum of 2 valves per cylinder. Injectors must remain in stock location.
12)No billet injector pumps. No electronic or common rail injection systems.
13)Tractors are allowed a single (1) turbo charger with any manifold modifications necessary to mount the turbocharger. Manifold pressure may be a single stage only.
14)Turbocharger must be single shaft fixed vane type. No variable vane turbochargers allowed. No inlet or outlet size restrictions.
15)Turbo must be fitted with a shutdown guillotine on the compressor inlet side of the turbo.
16)Turbochargers not under the hood will be completely shrouded with steel .060” or thicker, except for inlet and exhaust pipes. Turbochargers under fiberglass hoods must be shrouded, except for the inlet and outlet pipes, with .060” steel or thicker under the area of the fiberglass.
17)No wastegates or pressure reliefs of any kind permitted. All compressed air to enter the intake manifold.
18)All turbocharged engines are required to have one cable that must surround the engine block and head. This cable shall be located between the first and second cylinder through the exhaust manifold port area. The cable will be a minimum of 5/16” thick with two (2) clamps at the splice. The cable should allow for approximately 4” of slack.
19)Water injection will be allowed. Must be plain water or water with water soluble lube only. Combustible agents (alcohol, oxygenators, etc.) are NOT allowed in water injection.
20)No intercoolers or after coolers
21)No propane, nitrous injection or any type of secondary fuel system of any kind will be permitted.
22)Any stock appearing frame rail or tube frame is permitted. Tube frame must be covered with sheet metal.
23)Full metal side panels to cover engine area. Minimum .060” steel or aluminum
24)All inline engines are required to have an additional inner side shield consisting of .125” (1/8”) thick steel or titanium OR .250” (1/4”) aluminum inside of the current .060” steel or aluminum side panels with a minimum of .500” (1/2”) air gap. This shield is to be independent of the side panels and must be solidly attached at the top and bottom (4 point total minimum) with a minimum of 5/16” fasteners. This shield must extend from the bottom of the head to the centerline of the crankshaft and extend the full length of the block on each side of the engine.
25)All tractors must have a fuel shut-off AND an air shut off mounted in the drivers’ compartment and within reach of the driver. Fuel shut off must return fuel to tank or loop back to pump.
26)Kill switch device mounted on rear of tractor must disconnect power to the electric fuel pump along with activating turbocharger guillotine.
27)Clutch and bell housing rules to be the same as the EconoMod division
28)Automatic transmission shielded with 3/16” steel or 6 belt blanket from end of block to tail shaft. All other block adapters shielded by 3/06 steel the width of the adapter.
*Diesel only with a dielectric value of no greater than 4.9 or less than 2.2
The dielectric meter shall use Cyclohexane to establish zero reference point in determining all diesel fuel dielectric constant values. The use of additives containing oxygen, such as nitro methane, propylene oxide, dioaxane, MTBE, alcohol (methanol, ethanol etc.) or nitrous oxide is prohibited.

Re: New Class Idea: Ultra Light Super Stocks September 13, 2017 06:47AM
If you go on facebook and look up Kevin Moore he has built a minirod with a 4bt cummins which is the same specs as the 6bt minus 2 cylinders. He dynoed it at haisley machine and says that it makes 1080 hp and 1375 torque so if you limit the cubes to 250 or 300 that would work. Also his weighs 2250 so you could put a limit on weight at 2400 and run them on a minirod sled.

Re: New Class Idea: Ultra Light Super Stocks February 15, 2017 02:33PM
Nearpass has an intermediate size pulling sled that will work great for the 3500 to 5500 class as discussed.
It handles 10,000 8mph tractor class just fine, same as with 9300 Super Farm.

Make this a four cylinder class. Max cubes, perhaps 340 as that allows M-M's last version at 336. But these cubes likely are too many for this class. Kind of hate to have to drop back to the previous M-M 283 engine. Old technology. That is part of the pulling problem today.
Remember, the 5.9 6 cylinder Cummins was also made with same specs as a 4 cylinder which is rather popular in ag and industrial tractors. A 3020 engine is 2/3 of a 4020 engine. No reason why a 4 cylinder would not make a good show. Charlie Ross is late 70's pulled LSS with a JD 2510 diesel. That is the Dubuque small block 219 4 cylinder, cross flow head engine. An engine in stock application on the farm I loved. Came across Charlie's 2510 pulling photo a few days ago.

23.1 x 26 tire sounds right. I remember Milt Bergman had them on his first Mod in '70's.
I like sound of 4500. But can a tractor get enough front end weight if using tractor OEM rear?

Re: New Class Idea: Ultra Light Super Stocks February 15, 2017 03:10PM

23.1 x 26 tire sounds right. I remember Milt Bergman had them on his first Mod in '70's.
I like sound of 4500. But can a tractor get enough front end weight if using tractor OEM rear?

On a Case IH 895, yes you can.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2017 12:42AM by MH49.

Re: New Class Idea: Ultra Light Super Stocks September 18, 2017 02:40PM
We run a oliver 88 rear with 310 diesel single windmill with 18.4/ 34 cuts at 4500lbs you need all your moveable weight out front and if you ain't got any or very little you will just wheelie and lose your hook,lower your hook point and will still spin out when making any amount of power

Re: New Class Idea: Ultra Light Super Stocks September 18, 2017 02:45PM
Agreed to pull good at 4500 you will need tractor with driver down around 4000 so you have 500 are so of moveable weight

Re: New Class Idea: Ultra Light Super Stocks September 19, 2017 09:26AM
ANY sled out there could run a 4500 pound tractor get into that 2000 pound range pulls would be limited to a pull with minis or lawnmowers

Re: New Class Idea: Ultra Light Super Stocks September 20, 2017 10:13AM
If anyone in KY would like the thoughts of a 45000 to 5000 pound class I'm game a Utility style class would be neat 250 cube alcohol 4cyl only up to 320 cubes 6cyl allowed on diesel no de cubing and a box 3 inch turbo 2.5 or whatever and some kind of tire limit that will keep it looking like a utility such as a 165 mf ,2030 jd and so on

Re: New Class Idea: Ultra Light Super Stocks September 20, 2017 10:28AM
23.1- 30 for the tires,that would look good an probably work well,that could be an ole school cool class.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,669, Posts: 229,759, Members: 3,327.
This forum: Topics: 37,075, Posts: 225,935.

Our newest member JD_8520