Brookfield Ny July 10, 2011 01:04PM
Was anyone at brookfield on sunday, just wondering how it went, and if there are any results, heard there was a hot 4430 from vt

Re: Brookfield Ny July 11, 2011 12:58AM
I'm not the sure the VT boys will be welcomed back to the Brookfield stock class with this version of Sleep.

Re: Brookfield Ny July 11, 2011 09:24AM
Jason how did you guys do up there? by the sounds of that must have been good! which one is the "HOT" running 4430 that guy was talking about? I hope you guys showed them boys how the GREEN wins!

Re: Brookfield Ny July 11, 2011 12:26PM
Brookfield usually lets anything Red pull whatever, if it's green, you have to obey the rules.

Re: Brookfield Ny July 11, 2011 11:52PM
they shut down a local puller to that was a red one pulled the airshut one green and one red its the fords your talking about

Re: Brookfield Ny July 12, 2011 12:03AM
This year they were pretty fair as far as the rules went, sending some tractors to their rightful class. The 4430 they are talking about had an AC d-21 motor in it. The motor was running very well with no lack of power.

Re: Brookfield Ny July 12, 2011 12:22AM
Jason you must be pretty good puttin those allis d-21 engines in a 4430. I am going to have to have you set one of those up for me. @Emayn088 John deere does make engines for other applications hence the non green. Why on earth would anyone put an allis engine in anything other then an allis!

Re: Brookfield Ny July 12, 2011 12:34AM
Did you by chance look at the serial number tag? Obviously you have no idea what a AC D-21 block looks like, the color of the paint doesn't reveal the manufacturer of the block.

Re: Brookfield Ny July 12, 2011 12:53AM
Walkin Tall, as part of the brains and fingers in that 4430 heartbeat, I can assure you, it is in fact a 426ci AC D-21 motor. If you look on the oil cooler eliminator plate you can see where I took a Sharpe and wrote it there!! HAHAHAHAHAH!!!!! They SBJD head bolts right on!!! The strange part is JD and AC must be in bed together because the motor has a 404 SN tag on the other side of the block. Nope, it doesn't make much sense to me either, but the combination is second to none for "farm stock" according to big brother.....(I was wrenching on 44 Special and didn't make it out) .

Re: Brookfield Ny July 12, 2011 04:43AM
Hey chief was wonderin if i could get the old motor outta sleep for my 806, ran pretty good might as well mix n match like you guys!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2011 04:43AM by Jordan Bigelow.

Re: Brookfield Ny July 12, 2011 05:36AM
Short block for sale for $3,500.00

Re: Brookfield Ny July 12, 2011 10:20AM
Thanks for pi$$in in my cheerios Scoob, all these years I thought I had a big block Allis in my JD 6030. My block was orange when I bought it! I got ripped off. Well I guess I will have to sell it. I am going to look for a black one now...that means it will be an 8.3 cummins right? Let me know I want to make sure before I buy it. This color thing has me all messed up........

Re: Brookfield Ny July 12, 2011 04:23PM
LOL First off this isnt cheifs tractor although he was a huge help second off this is great one pull and it seems as though my 4430 is already winding some folks up. Gotta love what a little off color paint and research can do. Also of your looking for a good luagh check out the turbo bushing, its a piece of threaded pipe ground down and driven in to the houseing a little hill billy 10:30 on a sat night machining

Re: Brookfield Ny July 12, 2011 04:37PM
I herd that motor was out of a D22 Series III

Re: Brookfield Ny July 12, 2011 11:27PM
Are you guys sure that it was an A/C motor??? I've heard about a real big Kubota motor that really makes a ton of power, do you guys think you'll get to Boonville N.Y. with that machine?

Re: Brookfield Ny July 12, 2011 11:37PM
It may also have beeen from a kioti lol, I'm not sure that tractor will be making t to boonville

Re: Brookfield Ny July 13, 2011 02:04AM
When is Booneville, and what are the rules there this year, if the stock class is 3000 rpm 2.5 turbo, Sleep's uncles could try to convince Sleep's dad its needs to go, I'm not sure it stands a chance in the Open against fat 6030's, Agent Orange, tractors that are more less super farms.

Re: Brookfield Ny July 13, 2011 04:14AM
How come the big chief 6030 wasnt thier for the enhanced class?

Re: Brookfield Ny July 13, 2011 09:27AM
The 6030 isn't going for a 4.5 hr ride to pull against itself, there was another 6030 that sat there all day to hook once against one other tractor. Brookfield has always been known as run-what-ya-brung-hope-ya-brung-enough event, until this year. Therefore the numbers in the enhanced classes have been awful, the hot running farm tractors dont want to run against, Agent Orange, Pure Luck, and Showtime, and those three tractors are loaded up to go home when the 6030 comes out because they are so much lighter. That event needs to be, farm stock under 100 hp up to 9000 lbs under 200 hp over 9000 lbs, hot farm 3000-3500 rpm, 2.5 turbo, no cuts, enhanced anything bigger than 2.5 and higher than 3000-3500 rpm, just an idea, rather than make the rules as we go, and get dq'd because you won the class by to much. Just my thoughts, and BTW I dont really care the we got DQ'd, I just wanted to see if the tractor would run? Those were the first runs since a fresh rebuild with a combination I didn't have experience with.

Re: Brookfield Ny July 14, 2011 07:36AM
chief your trying to set rules, about turbo chargers and classes. what size is yours turbo and tractor. I would suppose it's top secret or a smart --s answer

pfff. rules! July 14, 2011 03:34PM
Hey fair game what are the rules there my tractor has been going there for a few years now never been teched by anyone there, I have yet to seen a damn rule. I believe the point cheif is making is if your going to remove tractors from classes you need rules that define the class so we know what is leagal for that class, then go ahead and enforce them. That is how rules work you see it is easy. The tractor they had there was a 2.5 by 2.8 S4 built by schied diesel with a 500cc apump, the engine came from an industrial appication in a machine was painted orange, we ran out of time to paint it. I am sure if you ask him about his turbo he would tell you what it is. oh ya and the rule thing if we knew what was allowed we would adhear to the rules and it would give you a chance to get your tech hat on and measure the damn thing. But since have yet to seen any I will probly bring my strongest set up out, give me an inch and I will take it, you see thats how games of one upsmanship work. I have seen some awful contraptions there and been beat by some seriuse tractor in the stock class, so complain about them to pal.
P.S. we travel along way to pull out there and enjoy the people we pull with out there so if there is a problem please post what is allowed for our tractors to run out there so we can have fun too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2011 03:40PM by barncat601.

Re: pfff. rules! July 14, 2011 10:57PM
you guys from Vt. have got 2 things against you, # 1 you're from out of town, #2 you have John Deeres, for at least 35 years it's been pretty much a red show around these parts,any time a good running green one shows up, there is usually a problem, I for one, love to see you guys show up, it makes the competition better, some just don't like to get beat.

Appearance is everything July 15, 2011 03:52AM
I think the biggest problem people out there are having with "Sleep" is that is was the best running tractor there, but was the junkiest looking tractor, she still had her work clothes on.

Re: Appearance is everything July 15, 2011 05:04AM
that is the best thing about that tractor! it pulls in and you think LOL what a pile! but when he lights it off the line the doubts are laid to rest.

Re: Appearance is everything July 15, 2011 04:23PM
there is NOTHING better than having a tractor, or truck, that looks like a piece of crap, but pulls awesome, I love seeing it, always loved the way the old barncat ran before, wish I could have made it to Brookfield, thats why I was wondering if it was going to Boonville, I want to go there to see it pull.

Re: pfff. rules! July 15, 2011 06:39AM
local guy got kicked out a red one

Re: pfff. rules! hey barncatpiss July 15, 2011 01:17PM
i guess your right, i'll show up with one of my four super stocks. What's the pay, barncatpiss.

Hey name caller July 15, 2011 03:10PM
sure I can hook you up or if you prefer I can get to milkhousecat piss, or dumpstercat piss. What is wrong with you I dont have a problem being in what ever class best fits my tractor, but its no limited pro moron, if the class allows 7 turbo's install them if it allows no turbos take them all off. the problem is your either a poor looser, or know something I dont about whats allowed that tractor has been beat plenty in that Stock class out there with the same turbo and pump, the only difference in internals, and what is your problem in the first place, all I would like are some rules your the place so l dont have to put up with this. What was your tractor and who are pal. If you want you can email me your address I have plenty of cat piss to go around MR Fair Game. By the way a game cant be fair until both parties know all of the rules, so I guess its more like lop sided game. You can call me what ever you want pall barncat, barncat piss (Clever I forgot we arnt in high school anymore), Heck even Jed Quesnel if your are this upset that name calling is in order I would quit this game called pulling becuase there will always be a better tractor some where that will beat you with set up, power, or parts Its a fact of pilling and part of competion if you can't handle that hook the rake back on your heap of a tractor, I promise i wont out rake it!
Again I dont care if I have to run a different class but show me why do just say becuase its too strong

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2011 03:11PM by barncat601.

Re: Brookfield Ny July 13, 2011 11:13PM
I'm guessing the pull at Boonville is thur July 28. think their website is Boonville-oneida county fair . com or . org not sure which.

Re: Brookfield Ny July 16, 2011 04:31PM
Yes i seem to have run a few times with this tractor they call sleep and let me be the first to say it is awsome, something that looks like it was as they call it in her work clothes is the only was to have them, I hope this bs name calling stuff is over and lets just go pulling. I will be chearing on for sleep this year and prob will pull against him very soon but you wont hear me bitching cuz its the sport of pulling and having fun. So sleep may the best looking tractor in her work clothes win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,670, Posts: 229,762, Members: 3,327.
This forum: Topics: 37,076, Posts: 225,938.

Our newest member JD_8520