Allison Mods July 14, 2011 04:47PM
Wondering why the allison mods always seem to lope in among the ''also rans''. I really enjoy watching these tractors but they always seem short on power compared to the turbines and the triple engine tractors. It seems like theres more to be had in these engines? Are there weak parts on these engines that won't handle any more power? Just seems to me like there should be more power there. Maybe not. Just my opinion.

Re: Allison Mods July 15, 2011 12:21AM
the engines are from the 1940s and after you turbo charge them and fuel inject them there aint much left to be had.

Re: Allison Mods July 15, 2011 10:42AM
they are to far restricted on the supercharger ratio they are allowed to have, they should be opened up to be able to have twin allisons turbocharged

Re: Allison Mods July 15, 2011 01:49PM
How about some aluminum OHC heads

Re: Allison Mods July 15, 2011 02:43PM
Now that would take a BIG hunk of aluminum!Eye Popping

Re: Allison Mods July 15, 2011 03:51PM
Im pretty sure the factory heads were made of aluminum and OHC. Chamber shape and ports may not be ideal (even for that day), but they still can be made to run pretty good. I guess there just isnt a big push to help make them more competitive (with rules or parts) because parts are so scarce. They are definitely cool to see when they run hard and right.

CLAAS ALLISONS ARE PRETTY POTENT!! July 15, 2011 04:12PM
The Claas team has a single, twin and triple allison combinations, Old Spooke stated a few years ago, they were trying to get to 4000hp per motor, using the single as their "on track" dyno---several other single allisons over there are stout, BLACK GOLD for one, as well as an allison "long ton" mini rod---they are serious "beautiful noise"!

Re: CLAAS ALLISONS ARE PRETTY POTENT!! July 16, 2011 10:20AM
agreed that they are the best sounding engines in any level of motorsports competition

Re: Allison Mods July 15, 2011 05:02PM
How about A 5000 PD class unlimited? Then let the guys that are running single super charged v8 run @ 5500 PD's and theres alot of single v8 carbrated and injected let them run @ 6000 PD's. The problem is the cost open it up so people can play and watch all the mods come to life and every year they will improve.For the twin chevys and twin Hemi's and single Allison tractor's the 5000 PD's weight would be there hold back. This would help bring the Allison's back and alot more mods that are needed thanks

Re: Allison Mods July 16, 2011 06:44AM
The abbreviation for Pounds is lbs not PDs, you retard. Who wants to watch this noisy crap anyway.

Re: Allison Mods July 16, 2011 07:00AM
ME!! damn it, love seeing allisons run, turbo's or not.

Re: Allison Mods July 16, 2011 07:41AM
In my opinion nothing beats the sweet sound of a good running Allison. Got two tough runners on the east coast in thumper 2 out of new York and hot damn out of Maryland. Two of the top tier tractors in their respective organizations.

Re: Allison Mods July 16, 2011 07:52PM
Im sorry dint know this was a spelling bee! How about gaining some mods!!!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,671, Posts: 229,768, Members: 3,327.
This forum: Topics: 37,076, Posts: 225,943.

Our newest member Jason