Hinton!!! July 15, 2011 02:50PM
Hinton IA truck tractor pull. Or should I say ANTIQUE tractor pull! I have never seen such a poor excuse for a track and a set up in general! I think I have seen the ol Jonny poppers pull further than they could pull tonight! The food is terrible for a pull of this size! O hot dog! Who the $#ck wants a hot dog at a tractor pull! Get some good food for once! Its getting worse and worse every year! Another joke is how S L O W the hooks are! Its taking 10 minutes a tractor. Get some people who can get a track ready in a hurry! Take a lesson from ROCK VALLEY! How can they run 125 -130 tractors through and be done by 11:15 both nights and Hinton takes 3 hrs to get through 3 CLASSESS! This is a terrible excuse for a pull! What does everyone else think?!!!!

Re: Hinton!!! July 15, 2011 03:45PM
SLEEP IT OFF BUDDY!Who were the winners?

Re: Hinton!!! July 15, 2011 05:37PM
Been going to Hinton since 1993 and my Dad beens going since 1983 and we both agreed far and away the worst Hinton Pull ever!!!!!!!!!
If tonight would have been my first night there would never go back. At the beginning of the Super Stock class people were heading for the exits and there was two classes after that yet. Plus the first Super Farm went down the track at 12:18 a.m. come on people.

Re: Hinton!!! July 15, 2011 06:15PM
You want to talk about a joke just go to hinton. food sucks track sucks pull sucks. dont no whos call it is to adjust the sled but that sucked too! You have the big pro stocks goin 250-275ft? not sure how super farm went but might have to check that out at coffee in the morning!

Re: Hinton!!! July 15, 2011 06:30PM
Pretty sure this will be the last time going to hinton, unless they get two sleds and give us some real action! It is just awful when it takes close to ten minutes between tractors! They back the skid to the start line and dont have anybody with their motor running, where were the people to push it along?

Re: Hinton!!! July 16, 2011 01:25AM
you guys are lucky they had a pull only one sled was therir because that is all they could get i do agree the track sucked but the pull happened

Re: Hinton!!! July 16, 2011 01:54AM
One sled would have been fine if people would have got there butt to the starting line, but pullers took there sweet time about it. In Rock Valley it was just bam bam bam bam one puller right after another, but last night man the sled would back in and there we would sit and finally someone would fire up there vehicle and finally get hooked up. Probably the worst missed managed pull I have been to in my life. I agree the track sucked but I think a lot of that was out of their control, but couldn't the sled be adjusted accordingly.

Re: Hinton!!! July 16, 2011 02:09AM
YOU KNOW WITHOUT US PULLERS YOU WOULD HAVE NO PULL TO GO TO

Re: Hinton!!! July 16, 2011 02:17AM
I agree.

Re: Hinton!!! July 16, 2011 02:44AM
is true atleast it is a pull buttttt, this place is a JOKE, from a pullers veiw, the track is in big pit silo, it runs uphill, you pit in dam stinking fertilizer plant, you have to drag the tractor around in some funeral prossesion for 3/4 of a mile down a cow trail in front of the stand along the track to u-turn for the track, you can't get out of this place either,really don' understand why anyone goes there, been there twice and will never go back, just my 2 cents worth

Re: Hinton!!! July 16, 2011 02:19AM
But without pulling fans you have no place to pull.

Re: Hinton!!! July 16, 2011 03:00AM
Would like to know distances! please!!!! someone please reply!!!!! THANKS!

who's the slowest???? July 16, 2011 03:04AM
The Outlaws are always the slowest getting tractors pulled, next is PPL they take to long ...NTPA does a pretty good job getting tractors to the line... the fastest is Louieville and the best overall is Gordyville.......pullers and track officals don't mind getting out at 2AM ,,,,,fans wanta get out at 10-11PM...

you are dead wrong July 16, 2011 04:37AM
you have got to be kidding when you says ppl is the second slowest. If you have ever been to tomah you would know. BTW the evening session at freeport last night was over at just a little after nine. A great job done

Re: who's the slowest???? July 16, 2011 04:52AM
I disagree, getting pullers to the line in time requires the following:

1. good parking for trucks w/ lots of pull around vehicles
2. (2) scales that flow from the pit to the staging area
3. a very large staging area so multiple classes can stage at once
4. a knowledgeable person lining up tractors and trucks

5. then the pullers have a time line they will have their helmet on!

Not all places are perfect to pull in but maybe a few need to do some home work!

Re: Hinton!!! July 16, 2011 05:19AM
Ease up. Water standing on the track at 2:30 in the afternoon from noon rain and had 1 1/2 inches night before. Lucky to even have a pull. Not always pullers fault, took blade and roller people long time to fill the mud in the holes. I will be back, still over 80 hooks in bad conditions and this is not a perfect world.

Re: Hinton!!! July 16, 2011 07:54AM
i posted on thursday that onawa would be the best show and i got negative responses back two tracks two sleds done a little after ten and the track was better they had 76 hooks great show show thanks to everybody involved

Re: Hinton!!! July 16, 2011 09:31AM
The Onawa track was absolutely terrible. Yes, it's the same for everyone going down the track, but it was by far the worst track of the season.

Re: Hinton!!! July 16, 2011 09:39AM
if your a puller do you run tractors or pickups

Re: Hinton!!! July 16, 2011 10:44AM
My hat goes to the crew in Onawa. I was there and I felt the track was good after all that is part of the challenge and that is to set up your puller to the conditions. Granted Onawa had 6 classes with a number of 67 hooks but the show was great with two sleds. I figure it was an average of less than 3 minutes per hook. The crowd was good they got to see a great show and made it home at a good hour and made it to work Fri. morning after a good nights rest.
Great job Onawa crew
Steve Hansohn

Re: Hinton!!! July 16, 2011 12:07PM
wheres magnum force super farm?

Re: Hinton!!! July 16, 2011 12:43PM
One bad pull will not keep me from going back to Hinton... But to say it was not ridiculous last night would be ridiculous!!!!

Granted.. the heat and no wind did not help anyones mood so keep that in mind. It was just absolutely HEAVY out there!!

but anyway some Cons of the night....
--The Hinton organization could think of something better to feed the people besides Hotdogs and Chilli dogs. Come On People!! lots of your fans travel a ways and looking forward to a hotdog is a bit much. How about some Hamburgers/Cheese burgers or Pizza or pork sandwiches or something??
--The bugs were bad!!! Hinton, did you spray anything the previous night to try elimiate this problem?? If not please consider it next time. Not like Rock Valley is the model pull, if any of you were there, your bug spray would have stayed in your pickup. Not a bug on the grounds.
--The track was not good. BUT i realize you didnt have alot to work with as well. that is understandable, some towns would have canceled had they seen all the water setting on the track late that afternoon. so Kuddos to you all for not cancelling. The scrapper and packer guys could have a few lessons on how to do it though. seemed half of the night neither one knew which way the other one was going to turn. wasnt a smooth figure 8 motion on both tractors.
--AND TO THE PULLERS!!!! What was UP all of your REARS last night??? Good Grief!! up until the last class of the night, well after alot of the fans had already disgustedly left for the night you all were taking FOREVER to get up to the skid. Why was not the next pickup/tractor up and running ready to pull onto the track soon as the skid was backed up??? What was going on with the forever wait between hooks?? that was just pathetic!!! I know their is not a show with out the pullers, but you guys have to realize there is also not a pull with out the fans!!! I would say 3/4 of the problem last night laid on you the pullers!! You know how it runs! In rock Valley there is not a choice but to be RIGHT AND READY when it is your turn, just cuz there is not a guy hussling you along you know the ropes! Come on!!
--As for comment of having 2 sleds, that is not all nessessary. Hinton has a disadvantage of not having an extrememly lot of room. Not every pull is set up the same. They work with what they have. Having 2 sleds at the pull has in the past just caused quite a bit of pile up. Just having the pullers up and ready when it is their turn would have shortened the evening by FAR!!! So before u think having 2 skids would cure the problem, think about other options.

And i could go on, but this is getting bit long already. It was just so frustrating last night.
To sum it up, I do not think it is fair to label Hinton Assoc. as the bad party in last nights pathetic pull!! I would say most to all the classes except the last class (probably cuz they were SOOO sick of waiting, their fire was under their rears thats why they kicked it in the butt) need to be held alot accountable for making the pull crappy last night.

Over and Out

going to go grill myself a steak! I'll save my Hotdog craving for next years pull!! Beer

Re: Hinton July 16, 2011 01:08PM
Amen brother Amen My Thoughts well said.

Re: Hinton July 16, 2011 03:08PM
I always thought hinton was one of the best pulls around! That being said some people had better start facing the fact that the over all numbers of competors is way down. Looking at the results it looks like a good turn out, maybe not what the fans are used to but better than what alot get to see! This is a very exspensive time consuming sport, and more competitors are starting to pick and chose where they pull.

Re: Hinton!!! July 16, 2011 03:13PM
It was so hot, any hot food wouldn't of pleased anyone! The deserts and cold drinks were good. The track was wet and it was 80 percent humidity, it wasn't going dry out. Hinton can't be held liable for the weather! I was amazed at the amount of fans that came in spite of the weather.

Re: Hinton!!! July 17, 2011 12:57AM
The track was so soft that the sled transmission was over heating. The operator would roll the box forward to try and get some air to it between hooks . Just a all around bad night for pulling.

Re: Hinton!!! July 18, 2011 01:52AM
They ruined that track last year when they put four feet of fill on the track. Even without the water this year still would have been a former shadow of Hinton past.

Re: Hinton!!! July 18, 2011 06:26AM
You are 100% correct, maybe the complainers should pay a little more attention to ALL the reasons.....

Re: Hinton!!! August 03, 2011 09:14AM
Ive pulled at Hinton and I can tell you that, ya the pits are a little crouded, but I love the people. There is always lots of people at the pull and to me that is alot of fun Just saying

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,670, Posts: 229,762, Members: 3,327.
This forum: Topics: 37,076, Posts: 225,938.

Our newest member JD_8520