fuel and water sompling valves July 18, 2011 12:55AM
Can I use a brass ball valve for fuel and water sampling or is there something better out there . This is for diesel fuel, using half inch fuel line jic fittings

Re: fuel and water sompling valves July 18, 2011 12:30PM
call performance pros they have a real nice set up.

Re: fuel and water sompling valves July 18, 2011 07:57PM
Where can I put this valve. Can I put it on the outlet of the tank. If I put it close to the injection pump doubt they will get enough fuel to sample unless the tractor is running , don't think thats a good idea.

Re: fuel and water sompling valves July 18, 2011 10:05PM
Pretty sure that NTPA rules state that the sample valve for the water and fuel have to be on the supply side. Also it states that the engine has to be running as well. I would just check with other pullers in your area.

Re: fuel and water sompling valves July 21, 2011 01:06AM
The one I work on, and others, have the valve between the supply pump and the injection pump. We open the valve and crank engine with starter to fill the jar.

I believe they want the valve there so they can spot check and keep people honest. They took a sample from us the other night at a regional hook, but I don't believe they took a sample from every tractor. That's ok by me, it makes everyone have to play fair because they could get checked at any time.

Re: fuel and water sompling valves July 18, 2011 03:29PM
I'm sure any WOG (water oil gas) ball valve would work just fine. I personally don't see any reason to buy a $100 kit just for this.

Re: fuel and water sompling valves July 18, 2011 10:50PM
The rule says nothing about engine running or not! There is nothing about it being in the return line either! Just buy an inexpensive brass valve run a line from your tanks and there you go. By the way, don't know why we have them in the light pro, 6 events and not one sample checked yet!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009