Rear end and Transmission for Mccormick July 26, 2011 09:20AM
I want to build a mccormick puller with the 8.3L cummins but the rear ends and trans are so new that i dont know whether i should use one or not. What are my options? This would be a superfarm or lim pro tractor. thanks . Graham Smyth

Re: Rear end and Transmission for Mccormick July 26, 2011 10:11AM
You really don't have much for options. The 8.3 cummins was only used in ZTX, which was discontinued after a few years. The smaller MTX only had the 5.9 cummins, perkins, or 6.7 iveco. Your best bet if you are stuck on the McCormick brand is to build an IH with McCormick metal, which will send a few on this board into a tizzy.

Greg

Re: Rear end and Transmission for Mccormick July 26, 2011 12:15PM
IH WITH NEW HOLLAND HOOD ??

Re: Rear end and Transmission for Mccormick July 26, 2011 12:28PM
Haha!!! No $h!t...might as well put a deere motor in it.

Re: Rear end and Transmission for Mccormick July 26, 2011 12:49PM
RED & BLUE TRACTOR R THE SAME HOOD AS MCCORMICK

Re: Rear end and Transmission for Mccormick July 26, 2011 01:00PM
so even if i run the 5.9 what rear can i use? can i use an ih rear end?

Re: Rear end and Transmission for Mccormick July 27, 2011 01:55PM
any insight here guys?

Re: Rear end and Transmission for Mccormick July 28, 2011 12:21AM
Factor replacement engine for a 656, 666, 686 is a 5.9 cummins.

Re: Rear end and Transmission for Mccormick July 28, 2011 07:04AM
but if i used that rear end can i still run the new mccormick sheetmetal. not the mx metal that is the same as mxm sheetmetal but the newest style? would i be able to take a mccormick farmall 450 rearend and put all aftermarket parts in it\?

Re: Rear end and Transmission for Mccormick July 28, 2011 02:00PM
can u tell me what the caseih part number is for the adapter plate to go from 656 to 5.9 cumins? thanks

Re: Rear end and Transmission for Mccormick July 29, 2011 07:36PM
Why did you tell him that? Why didn't you tell him to get the rules CHANGED to allow components? That way anything goes? lmao

Re: Rear end and Transmission for Mccormick July 28, 2011 02:25PM
use an 1855 or 1955 cockshutt rear end,huge bull gears

Re: Rear end and Transmission for Mccormick July 29, 2011 09:36AM
will that be legal to run? it is rules similar to sf and will that mean that i have to run the same reared as the motor (brand)?

Re: Rear end and Transmission for Mccormick July 29, 2011 11:48AM
I agree with lussetto. Way back in the day they were called a McCormick-Farmall, then Farmall became IH. If you take an IH rear and put a McCormick hood and the corresponding engine on it, I don't know how they could say anything bad. I believe it says you can update sheet metal across company mergers (Case to Case-IH, Ford to NH). Just my opinion, let the fighting begin.

Re: Rear end and Transmission for Mccormick July 29, 2011 02:52PM
It all depends on what org you want to pull with.

McCormick was founded in 2000. It shares no lineage with any of the IH tractors. McCormick did get the right to produce certain CaseIH tractors under it's own name for a time. McCormick plays up it's name, but it is only a name. If I changed my last name to Obama it doesn't mean I'm going to get an invite to the family reunion! We just don't share a common lineage, no matter what my name would say.

Some organizations will let you run any rearend/engine combination you want. Heck NTPA lets you run a Deere rearend with McCormick hood if you want.

McCormick is an Italian company and all of it's tractors are now produced in Italy. McCormick's closest realtive... Landini Tractors!

Good luck with the tractor, no matter waht reaend you choose.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Rear end and Transmission for Mccormick July 29, 2011 11:44PM
There is a direct link between McCormick and IH tractors. The McCormick MTX was built in the Doncaster (R.I.P) tractor plant and shared the same rearend and tinwork as the CaseIH MX range. At the time both were built mixed up on the same production line. You might have had 2 McCormick MTX`s and then a Case IH MX and then another MTX, pretty much everything was common to both tractors, bar the engine and the paint/branding etc.Some of you may not like it, but thats how it was!
Almost every cast rearend MX bonneted IH puller uses a 1066 or similar rearend, a 466 motor and a hood that is THE SAME as a McCormick MTX. I`m sure someone will tell me different, but most rules dont say you have to paint the thing a peticular colour. Therefore a McCormick BRANDED IH tractor is within the letter of the rules. Personally,I think putting a new McCormick XTX/TTX hood on is only an extension of this, within the spirt of competition and morally correct. Absolutely no different to putting an Austrian built Puma hood on one.
The fans want a range of colour and as long as the mechanical componants are within the limits etc. there`s no performance advantage or disadvantage to anyone, regardless or the colour or branding, so there`s no problem with a McCormick branded IH ..........
..............................................Unless of course, you dont like the thought of being beat by one!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009