Randy Harrison's DQ? July 29, 2011 06:44PM
Randy Harrison was D.Q.for going out of bounds yet he NEVER TOUCHED THE CHALK LINE! I'm not asking for any pitty for this man but can't we at least do something about this?

I'm having issues uploading the video so it can be found at

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCWNWq2g3Cg

4020 Productions

www.4020productions.biz

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2011 12:06PM by 4020 pulling fan.

Re: Randy Harrison's DQ? July 29, 2011 09:44PM
rule is usually vehicle touching chalk line! not the sled! quite obvious he did not touch! but why are the blocks so darn close to the track?

Re: Randy Harrison's DQ? July 29, 2011 11:06PM
seems to me like he did touch the chalk! looks like white dirt being peeled up by his front tire when hits the frontend turning left

Re: Randy Harrison's DQ? July 29, 2011 11:34PM
It is hard to tell with the blocks in the way but there was a simliar problem At the Grundy County Fair with an ISP flagman DQing a Pro Farm tractor, Brian Colberg that didnt go out either. Everyone that was on the inside of the track could see he didnt go out but the flagman who stands on the left side as you go down the track DQ'ed him. I think you can look at this two ways 1 Flagman are like umpires sometimes they make a bad call and you have to live with it, 2 If you dont want to get DQ'ed wrongly dont get so close to the line it will be questionalbe when the front end pulls to the side. I dont know Randy personally and have nothing against him but he did the same thing in Wyoming IL and had a very close call with the line there as well. Just my opinion. JC

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2011 11:44PM by mfd1221.

Re: Randy Harrison's DQ? July 31, 2011 02:49PM
Don Pierce was not flagging the profarm class at Grundy County Fair I was. I appreciate your understanding reply to this subject. Trust me the last thing a track official wants to so is DQ anyone. Just like any umpire or official, a perfect night is when no one knows I am there. Officials are human and have to use their best judgment and consider a lot of factors including safety of spectators, participants, and themselves along with little white lines. Best of luck to all pullers and keep it between the lines!

Re: Randy Harrison's DQ? July 31, 2011 02:57PM
JJ, I agree with your statement. I watched the film, you could see white chalk come up on the right front tire. Good call.

Re: Randy Harrison's DQ? July 31, 2011 03:08PM
Let me clarify that I was not the official on the video in question shown in this post, I was refering to the Grundy County Fair DQ in question. I was working the other track (and he appeared out of bounds from where I stood but I was a long ways away).

Re: Randy Harrison's DQ? July 30, 2011 12:42AM
standing on the end, it was very clear that Randy went out, moved chalk, and came back in. You cannot possible see this at your camera angle. I also have absolutely no bone to pick with Randy, but to disparage a track official on an internet site for doing his job is very wrong.

Re: Randy Harrison's DQ? July 30, 2011 02:09AM
Have to go with the flagman! He had perfect line of sight and was confident in his deciesion!
A little sqeeze of the brake earlier in the run would have done the trick.

Re: Randy Harrison's DQ? July 30, 2011 02:00AM
I saw the chalk move, the rib on the tire pushed it out of the way. I think the flagman was right in this case.

Re: Randy Harrison's DQ? July 30, 2011 02:31AM
watch your own video again 4020 fan! I too have no bone to pick, good friends of mine, but it is very clear in your own video that his front tire hits the chalk line and flings it away from track before he got it back in. I watched from the end and I saw white chalk go flying. Rules are rules, and I don't care who you are! I too watched the Wyo incident from 5' away, but he got away with that one. It does suck for us pullers to have to favor one side of the track to avoid a huge mud hole! Wyoming was same way. that's pulling, everything can't be perfect! I still appreciate being able to go pulling thanks to alot of hard work by the fair boards/ISP! thanks, Ed.

Re: Randy Harrison's DQ? August 01, 2011 05:08AM
Rules are rules, no bone to pick here either, but downplaying an experienced official on the internet is a no-no, there is a time and place for that and not on here. Clearly can see white chalk go flying, so the right call was made. My big thing is why the big complaining about one man's DQ, and no one complaining about the few that broke the 12mph speed limit rule??? Oh and certain parts on tractors that have no business being in farm stock, the official made the right call, and enforced it, other rules should be as well, especially when things are agreed upon amongst ourselves in the off season, then to go ahead and do something against it is wrong. Keep it fun and competitive for our class.

Re: Randy Harrison's DQ? July 30, 2011 03:24AM
Yep, his front tire hit it.

Re: Randy Harrison's DQ? July 30, 2011 03:28AM
absolutely the right call

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009