A Dozen thoughts from the Fort July 31, 2011 10:23AM
* I don't know if Keith Horst is the permanent driver for Youngblood Unleashed, but I were Mr. Shramek, I'd seriously consider putting him in the driver's seat any time I could. He is very good on that tractor.

* Was this the first event in NTPA history where the Unlimited Mods had 2 first time winners in the same weekend?

* Bollinger's first pass on Saturday was impressive. Had he not had to get on the brakes, would probably have gone 330' (of course, then they would have reset the sled). Other impressive passes that got hurt by the sideline were Bob Jostock and Ken Veney. I hope Ken shows up at Bowling Green. This was his first run with 4 motors running 14-71s. Lots of power. When he gets that combination fully dialed in, will be scary.

* Bad weekend for both Bill Voreis and mixed weekend for Adam Bauer. American Thunder had driveline problems and at least 1 blower belt go on Saturday night. Bauer experienced the thrill of victory (double win in Minis) and agony of defeat (the mod let him down both nights). For all the power of his 5 hemis, he just couldn't get them to hook up to the track.

* I haven't looked at the Unlimited points, but with a pair of runner up finishes, and only 6 or 7 hooks left, it looks like Kathy Schalitz is well on track to take the Grand National Championship.

* Does anyone know where Blackbourn's went after Friday? Their new tractor broke in the pulloff. I assume they left to fix it, and pulled in the pits approx. 7:45 PM on Saturday, about halfway through the Light Pro class (the Open Supers were the next class on that track).

* I wondered how the HSS class would go in conjunction with the Open Supers. Both put on a good show. Ionia's bad luck helped this event as a couple GN DSS tractors showed up (along with several GN FWDs).

* It was good to see the Jeff Prible and the AC 210 Iron Horse DSS out again. Hopefully they can run at Bowling Green. (btw, were are Middletons and Kasting this year? 2 nice SSD Deeres would be a nice addition)

* The Light Pro Stock class is a winner. Great decision by NTPA to start this class. 18 entries is a great showing for only the 2nd year. In addition to the JD/IHs, there was a New Holland, 2 ACs, and a Massey. As the guys get more of the vehicles dialed in, this class may become a fan favorite, especially with the variety of colors. Mule Deer seems to be the one to beat at the moment.

* Did anyone hear Van Haisley say in his winning interview Friday that he knows of 6 or 7 more SSD FWD that will be coming out next year?

* Who was the announcer that worked with Alan Washburn? He did a good job (Alan did a good job too)!

* Very good crowd Saturday night. This may well be the Grand National Pull of the Year.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/2011 10:26AM by The Original Michael.

Re: A Dozen thoughts from the Fort July 31, 2011 11:06AM
This was not Jim Martell's (Muffy) 1st unlimited win, he won Mt Sterling in 09
And as soon as Bob gets the Wild Child going straight, look out, as well as Ken after he gets her dialed in.
Don't count Voreis out just yet, although Kathy is running great as well as Shramek/Horst, don't forget Bruce, he's still in it.
Plus a 1st and 4th helped ole Muffy out a little too.
It was a good show for sure

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,720, Posts: 229,839, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,083, Posts: 225,969.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro