IH T.A. speed range and rear end August 02, 2011 05:49AM
Question i am looking at building a ih pro famr/ hot farm rear end to run with tri state pullers or ntpa what do i need to do to my 1066 to make it hold up. i dont wanna run a t.a. so what do i use for straight shaft what do i use for gears just generaly what do i need to do i am a IH service tech and do know the stock but not much on after market please let me know Thank you

Re: IH T.A. speed range and rear end August 02, 2011 11:00AM
buy one already done.save time and mistakes

Re: IH T.A. speed range and rear end August 03, 2011 06:05AM
i would but i cant find anything decent and building one i know for sure what i got and how to fix it when or if it goes down

Re: IH T.A. speed range and rear end August 03, 2011 06:57AM
Get a 1566 straight shaft kit, figure out what gears you will want to run, With no TA I suggest putting in the wider constant mesh gears, use quality speed transmission gears, put in the lower shaft bearing support. Also figure what ring and pinion you are using to help select your transmission gears. Why it is all tore apart i would look at getting the differential needle bearings put in. Depending on how much HP you are making you can get by with a stock 1566 straight shaft. If your in it for the long haul, might want to look at the option of a billet input shaft. Or spend a little more, save the headache and go get a profab!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009