n.e. ohio "profarm?" August 02, 2011 06:31AM
just wondering how it turned out at mantua and lisbon?

Re: n.e. ohio "profarm?" August 02, 2011 10:39AM
you got a big mouth if you want too know so bad what was there then maybe you should go to the pulls. instead of running your mouth on here all the time.

Re: n.e. ohio "profarm?" August 02, 2011 02:35PM
I want to know also. I was thinking of going to Columbiana County Fair. The Farmstock pull last year was one of the best i watched all year.

Re: n.e. ohio "profarm?" August 02, 2011 02:43PM
I was contemplating a tractor to fit this class but thats a huge monetary step for a class that is still building a schedule and a following. Whats the pullers in this class think?

Re: n.e. ohio "profarm?" August 02, 2011 02:54PM
Why the hostility? Its a simple question, is it not. Least someone could do is try to represent the class professionally

Re: n.e. ohio "profarm?" August 02, 2011 03:40PM
thank you!

Re: n.e. ohio "profarm?" August 03, 2011 12:52AM
Judging by the touchy response, we can all assume that there was almost no tractors at either pull. What a waste of a once good class.

Re: n.e. ohio "profarm?" August 03, 2011 01:04AM
There were 3 of these tractors @ Lisbon. Which is not a great turnout but it's better than previous pulls. I think everyone is in agreeance that this class is not purfect but it's a starting point. I personally wasn't there but was told but a number of people who did attend that there is a group of tractors very similiar to this class around Amish Country and are interested in looking for some more hooks. Who knows mabye the rules can be tweaked to allow them to run in both places. As far as the previous comments about ruining the farmstock class. Last I checked at best last year there was around 20 tractors in the farmstock class. And very few of them were anywhere near stock. I did attend 2 pulls earlier in July and there was 16 farmstock tractors at one and 15 at the other so you tell me was the farmstock class really ruined? Or were the tractors that are dangerous to run just asked not to compete? The way I saw it was there were alot of faces who havent pulled in farmstock for a long time because there tractors were just that true farmstock. And they are back to competing. So I guess this new class will either float and grow with time or those guys can choke back or go big there choice.

Re: n.e. ohio "profarm?" August 03, 2011 04:17AM
No tractors are wanted for this class from amish country or anywhere else. The rule maker wanted to be a very big
fish in a very small fish bowl. Why do you think they set the rules so the western pa. hot stocks couldn't compete, the
former ohio open farms couldn't compete, & required the same over the top safety equipment as an NTPA pro-stock,
just to run a 3,000 r.p.m class. I would not invest money in this doomed from the start class & feel bad for anyone who has.

Re: n.e. ohio "profarm?" August 03, 2011 04:31AM
Thanks for your response. I agree with you, this class is a starting point to what could be a great class. With some tweaking of some of the rules they could fit more tractors into the fold. Will this group have any off season meetings to adjust and vote on rule changes?

Re: n.e. ohio "profarm?" August 03, 2011 02:00PM
So farmapulla you tell me is 16 tractors ruining a class? And when can we expect to see your tractor running? Do you need assistance to finish putting it together I am sure there are alot of competitors out there who would be more than willing to help get your tractor together so there is some more competition in the class. Also to answer the last post, Yes there will be some off season meetings posted to tweak the rules for this class. Keep you eye posted on here for notice of the meetings. The multiple orginizations who have devoted time and effort to this new Pro-farm class we are grateful to the pullers who have made the commitment to this class. We are not out to ruin any class and I feel sorry for those of you who have let you mouth right checks that your a** cant cash. As far as my personal opinion, if your not either building a tractor or have a tractor for this class then keep your damn opinion to yourself unless it's for the good of the class. We are not in preschool and do not need another crybaby trying to tell us how we screwed up the sport of tractorpulling cause he cant compete. We have had multiple meetings and will have many more meetings to tweak the rules for this class after the season. This class is a learning curve and requires time to perfect. And will be a very competitive class if givin the chance. As far as the north western Pa. guys are concerned if your class is so great why is there only 4-5 of you and no-more. In fact where are all the new guys building tractors to get into your great class? I am just curious. We are trying to make a competitive class that is still reasonable to get into. If you have an alternative idea let us know we are more than happy to listen. But stop your crying. We look forward to seeing all pullers at future events, good luck and happy tractor pulling.

Re: n.e. ohio "profarm?" August 03, 2011 02:33PM
Well said farmin fool! But my guess is FARMAPULLA would have to get his tractor out of his toy box because all he probably pulls is a pedal tractor. Talk about real horsepower

Re: n.e. ohio "profarm?" August 03, 2011 02:48PM
I'm from the midwest, Iowa. What are your rules that this one individual is so upset about. Farm stock shouldn't be that difficult. What is his problem?

Re: n.e. ohio "profarm?" August 03, 2011 03:06PM
I'm guessing the one guy is upset, the other guy keeps spouting off, and it seems a couple others question the viability of the class and its rules before altering whatever tractor they may already have

Re: n.e. ohio "profarm?" August 03, 2011 02:54PM
Why would this class not want to try to absorb the tractors around your area with a rule package that fits the tractors that are from other classes around the area? Try fitting them all at first, then widdle down the rules as the class progresses. Doesn't it makes sense to fit one's that pull in the Mid or Western Ohio, or the others that pull in Western or Central, PA. especially if there are so few tractors?

Re: n.e. ohio "profarm?" August 03, 2011 11:09PM
So your implying only 4 or 5 tractors from last years "FarmStock" class moved up? There where around 30 Farmstock tractors at Columbiana Fair last year. If I remember correctly, two John Deeres ran away with it, was a good show.

Re: n.e. ohio "profarm?" August 04, 2011 12:45AM
It will be a sad day in tractor pulling when and insurace company tells the local brush pulls your done pulling. Because it's to dangerous. Unfortunatly that is where the farm stock tractor class was at. At least in the Northeastern part of Ohio. No one is pointing fingers at anyone to place fault, the fact is that the rules were not enforced and the farm stock class got out of hand. There was not a single person who is trying to change the sport of invent a new class, there was a large number of organizations who spent many many hours to try and build a class that would be a competative class the would still be cost effective to run in.(If there is such a thing) The group and by group I am speaking of 15-20 individuals from all over northeastern Ohio. When you step back and look at the big picture. You create a class to allow the western pa guys to run in, then the mid ohio guys cannot compete. And why create a class if there is already one set up and working well, wouldn't we just use it? So you think mabye we will make a class for the mid-ohio guys, and as you see it the western PA guys are upset because they cant be competative in this class, and there local class, so you scratch that idea and make a class that is kinda similiar to both classes, BUT STILL COST EFFECTIVE and SAFE. and you end up with only a handful of poeple willing to run in it. Personally my hat goes off to Mr. John Campfer who sat thru the meetings and believed in the class enough to build a tractor for it. In the past couple weeks there have been a couple tractors come up and compete in this class. We are exploring our options to make this class survive and have a competative class that is somewhere between farmstock and Superfarm. Basically a DIV 5 (classic superstock COPTA) for the newer tractors. As said before anyone with any suggestions for this class please feel free to comment

Re: n.e. ohio "profarm?" August 04, 2011 03:41AM
Where do I find the rules for this 3000 rpm profarm class?

Re: n.e. ohio "profarm?" August 04, 2011 07:08AM
www.bunkerhillshootout.com

Re: n.e. ohio "profarm?" August 04, 2011 07:09AM
I thought pro farm was a step above hot farm and just below super farm.

Re: n.e. ohio "profarm?" August 05, 2011 02:48AM
It would be nice to tweek some of these rules so i know what to build

Re: n.e. ohio "profarm?" August 06, 2011 02:25AM
why not invite some more of them tractors from down south ,no charge to pull and at least make a good show once in awhile?

Re: n.e. ohio "profarm?" August 06, 2011 05:29AM
Im guessing some of the Fairs and other facilities and their promoters a very disappointed in the lack of tractors for this class. How much gate money are they losing? But at least they only have to pay out for maybe three spots... cause only that many show up.

Re: n.e. ohio "profarm?" September 10, 2011 01:15PM
Wanted to know how the rule makers of this class thought the first year went and if they were going to make any changes to the rules. Heard it didn't bring out many tractors.

Re: n.e. ohio "profarm?" September 10, 2011 06:18PM
What is all the crying about the rules?This looks like a good setup.Nothing wrong with safety.I would add the ski's under the front axle.I feel this class is a very good starting point for a person who wants to build a puller and get started economically,HAHA.I would change the rules to "A" series pumps max,no "P" series pumps and 18.4x38 non cuts.Here is what you have in central Ohio in hot farm;1066 open rpm with 680 cubes,6030JD with 900 cubes 2700rpms,4430 640 cubes,and the list goes on.Me,I pull with 404 cubes.450 roosa,t04.Do I win?What do you think?It is tough when you have to build a super farm,pro stock motor to win and for what?A plastic $25.00 trophy and maybe a $100.00 for first.I go for fun knowing I won't win.I am not "whining",I pull what I can afford at the moment and yes,I will down the road build,buy a bigger motor and better parts as needed.I have talked to friends I know on the OSTPA board about making a hot farm class and the rules be basically just like these.Our thought was you could build a tractor and easily jump up to superfarm later by switching tires and fuel system.This class can put on a good show as long as the sled has the right setting to let 'em run and blow smoke with some ground speed.HELL my tractor has "looked'like a prostock at a few pulls in 9000 lb. class.Just my thoughts on alot of complaining for nothing.Remember guys and gals,we pull for fun,and nothing more.

Re: n.e. ohio "profarm?" September 11, 2011 05:10AM
Now that the season has winded down, are there any meetings planned to evaluate the class and its rules?

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,736, Posts: 229,872, Members: 3,333.
This forum: Topics: 37,086, Posts: 225,986.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM