Tractor Pulling goes to school August 03, 2011 12:09PM
South Georgia Technical College in Americus,Ga is taking Tractor Pulling to another level.Have you ever wanted to learn the basics of tractor pulling?Only to find that its hard to get anyone to tell you anything?SGTC is adding a pulling tractor to their program.It will evolve around the Diesel Tech class,the Motorsports program,and the Welding/Fabrication program.How many colleges offer a Motorsports program let alone include a Pulling Tractor in its program?Students will get experience working on a Super Farm pulling tractor.From building the motor to constructing a chassis it will be done here.SGTC has an engine dyno to test the engines the students build.Then see the results of their efforts at the track.
Fall classes are now forming.
At this time SGTC is also seeking sponsors that are interested in helping to promote this program.SGCT will supply the donor a receipt for a tax deduction of the items they sponsor.Anything from a radiator cap to a complete engine to advertising,etc will be greatly appreciated.A sponsor can expect advertising exposure when this tractor attends PPL and NTPA sanctioned pulls,Ag Expo's,recruitment seminars,and possibly sponsors events.
SGTC is located directly across the road from the soon to be constructed 450 acre Americus Motorsports Complex being built by Star Racing/George and Jackie Bryce of NHRA Pro Stock Motorcycle fame.
This is a Motorsports program like none other in the country!If your a potential student or sponsor,its time to take advantage of this rare opportunity.Sign up for a class,or sign on as a sponsor.
Thanks to these people for their support:
Matt Smith, Precision Edge Machine
Tim Dilgard
Double B Farms
Dave Waesch,Wipeout Enterprises
You can contact myself
Bill Vargo
Double B Farms
Americus,Ga
419-206-9579
www.doublebfarms@live.com
or
Mr Bryan Kelly
Diesel Instructor at SGTC
Americus,Ga
229-331-2587

Re: Tractor Pulling goes to school August 03, 2011 12:17PM
sounds like a knock off of The University of Northwestern Ohio.... Only advantage is it would be close for kids down in that area.. just my thought..

Re: Tractor Pulling goes to school August 03, 2011 12:22PM
Yep, Parkland College in Champaign, IL has a program like this also...

Re: Tractor Pulling goes to school August 03, 2011 12:24PM
[www.news-gazette.com]

[www.news-gazette.com]

Re: Tractor Pulling goes to school August 03, 2011 12:24PM
sry just noticed that I wasn't logged in on the first post..

Re: Tractor Pulling goes to school August 03, 2011 12:35PM
Its great to see these types of programs going on across the country.You hear very little of them.If you know of programs like this,please post them so we can all learn where they are.Pulling could use some good promotion!Thanks for the posts.

Re: Tractor Pulling goes to school August 03, 2011 01:38PM
Sounds like a knock off?

This guy isn't selling miracle cleaners . He's talking education. Harvard teaches law, so dies that make yales program a knock off? No.

It's education for the future, maybe your jealous of the program because.you never got to enjoy college .

I support youths learning fully because as every other pullers know, we learned the hard way. So should they ? No no no. And if you think so go buy a horse and a one bottom plow, run you few thousand acres and see if you cash croppers have time for a pulling tractor.then. our elders learned the hard way to plow a field, we learned with an air conditioned robot.

Re: Tractor Pulling goes to school August 03, 2011 01:59PM
Just saying in my day when I GRADUATED from there it was one of a few top schools.. If you want to compare go to www.unoh.edu. or www.parkland.edu....www.wyotech.edu ........enough said? NO need to bash on this subject just others out there... got it??

Re: Tractor Pulling goes to school August 03, 2011 02:00PM
Sounds like just another worthless ass program to me, with 90% of it's graduates ending up working at a quick lube. In this horrible economic time, don't lure kids into a worthless program. If you want to do something like this just get a job out of highschool working in a shop or welding, don't waste years of your life and lots of money on something that will be you at a lower level than someone who got experience by working right out of high school. If you want to go to college, get a degree in engineering or nursing, or something similar. Don't waste thousands and thousands of dollars and several years of your life ona worthless degree. I've got almost $50,000 in student loans and a bachelors degree that is worthless when compared to someone with just a couple years of actually experience. College is a joke, unless you pick the right field, don't waste time on this B.S.

Re: Tractor Pulling goes to school August 03, 2011 02:06PM
dont bring your personal bs in this just saying I dn't care we are talk about youth and different opportunities that there are.. Still no name?

Re: Tractor Pulling goes to school August 03, 2011 02:07PM
Milford in Nebraska is a good one too!

Re: Tractor Pulling goes to school August 03, 2011 02:10PM
Who cares about the name, anyone can go on the internet and find someone's name address and phone number and post it on here with their nonsense post. That is the dumbest thing I have ever seen. I am just giving my opinion on these type of programs and trying to help someone young people out there, who might be looking at this program and trying to plan their future around it. In this current economy, there are only a few degrees that are actually beneficial and lucrative, and I am positive that this is not one of them. If you want to pull tractors and work in a shop, then by all means, get a job in a shop and start tinkering on the weekends, but don't waste lots of money and several years of your life on this program and regret not having any job experience or employable training. If you are really into knowing the exactness of tractor pulling, then get a degree in engineering and then apply that to tractor pulling.

Re: Tractor Pulling goes to school August 03, 2011 06:44PM
Im sure that this is an elective ,course to much larger major. It could be an elective course for your engineering degree. The univerity of kentucky has a program kind of like this except it a club event for engineer majors. They build and compete with a 1/4 scale puller (lawn tractor), they compete on and off the track against about twenty or thirty other colleges. it is a great program that lets the future engineers of this country get some much need hands on experience in the shop. I feel very fortunate to have been a small part of the 2001 asae team from uof k . It think any progarm that allows students some hands on experience and a chance for some team competiton is a great thing . So quit bashing. The kentucky 1/4 scale pullers can usually be seen on display every year at the national farm machinery show in louisville ky. I'm sure manyii of you have seen it.

Re: Tractor Pulling goes to school August 03, 2011 07:00PM
Sounds like an awesome program that would be a lot of fun, you never know these kids could create something that could change pulling forever. Good luck to all who are envolved.

Re: Tractor Pulling goes to school August 04, 2011 12:14AM
Well said Corey.Obviously the staff at SGTC doesnt think this is a waste of time as it will allow the Motorsports,Welding and Diesel Tech students a chance at some hands on experience.This gives them a choice of working around a race car,or a pulling tractor.Aarons sponsored them a complete car and trailer to learn on.Maybe someone will sponsor them a tractor or a rig to haul it on,maybe an engine.We appreciate the items that have been supplied so far.And yes there are jobs in the Motorsports world.Especially when the new racing complex directly across the road from SGTC is finished.Plans are to have manufacturers facilities and garages on site.Word is that Porsche Racing has already committed to moving to this location.With the road course there,they will be able to test their products.
Check out the attached link for details about this new facility.This is already creating jobs.
[www.americusmotorsportscomplex.com]
SGTC will be doing a "recruitment campaign" soon and sponsors of this program will be getting exposure when this tractor goes to these events.
We thank everyone for their support.Smiling

Re: Tractor Pulling goes to school August 04, 2011 12:30AM
Uw Madison does 1/4 scale pulling as well. It's optional for the bio systems engineers. They do race cars too.

Re: Tractor Pulling goes to school August 04, 2011 03:13AM
We built a 4wd diesel modified pulling truck in diesel class at central community college in Hastings, NE. pretty fun! wish the students could drive it but the colleges insurance wont let us, so the instructor drives it, pretty fun to watch him drive it, we give him all kinds of hell if he messes up! lol

Re: Tractor Pulling goes to school August 06, 2011 10:28AM
WOW,,, THAT IS AWESOME,,,, I GUESS I KNOW WHERE MY 7 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER WILL BE WHEN SHE GETS OLDER,,,SHE IS A DIE HARD

Re: Tractor Pulling goes to school August 06, 2011 01:12PM
Thats what Im talking about! That tractor could be a little more the shade of red.... But ya gotta break em in on the slow ones first! SmilingJust kidding..LOLGrinning

Re: Tractor Pulling goes to school August 07, 2011 07:12AM
as a student that just graduated from high school this spring i think this is a great program. I've been around tractor pulling my entire life and realize that there is no money to be made as a puller, but there is a growing industry as an engine builder, dyno tuning, ect. This program sounds great and i would like to learn more about it.

Re: Tractor Pulling goes to school DOUBLE B FARMS...LOL August 08, 2011 08:09AM
WELL LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING,,,,LOL,, SHE HAS RED INTERNATIONAL NAIL POLISH SHE WEARS,,, JOHN DEERE GREEN AND YELLOW AND MINNIE MO YELLOW,,,LOL,,, EVERYTHING REVOLVES AROUND PULLING TO HER,,, WE ARE TAKING HER TO BOWLING GREEN THIS YEAR TO SEE HOPEFULLY MOST OF THE DRIVERS SHE TALKS TO ON FB,,,,WE TOOK HER TO A PULL A FEW WEEKS AGO TO SEE ONE OF HER FAVORITE DRIVERS,,, WE HAD GREEN AND YELLOW NAILS,,,, WITH IN BBRIGHT PINK LETTERS SAYING JULIA CONNY,,, WE HAD SPRAY PAINTED GREEN AND YELLOW HAIR,,,,, GREEN JEANS ON AND HER MAC DADDY T SHIRT,,,,LOL,,, WANT TO TALK ABOUT DIE HARD SHE IS,,,LOL,,,SHE WILL NOT KNOW WHAT COLORS TO WEAR AT BOWLING GREEN,,,,LOL,,, SHE IS GOING TO SEE BIG COUNTRY JEFF SAPPP,,,,, HE IS REALLY GOOD TO HER,,,,

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2011 10:18AM by deeredaughter.

Re: Tractor Pulling goes to school DOUBLE B FARMS...LOL August 08, 2011 08:27AM
steve did you finish the minnie mo? still waiting to see

Re: Tractor Pulling goes to school DOUBLE B FARMS...LOL August 08, 2011 10:23AM
THIS IS PATTY,,,, WE HAVE THE PUMP AND GEAR SHOULD BE SHIPPED TO US THIS WEEK WE HOPE,,, THEN WE WILL BE DOWN TO WATER SYSTEM,,,,, HE ALSO HAS TO BUILD ANDREA A LITTLE TRACTOR TO PULL THE BIG ONE AROUND LOL,,,

, I KEEP TRYING TO GROUND HIM TO THE GARAGE SO WE CAN GET IT DONE,,, ,, I AM SO READY TO SEE THIS THING RUN!!!!!!

Re: Tractor Pulling goes to school DOUBLE B FARMS...LOL August 08, 2011 12:08PM
Is she done. Lol. Well. It comin slow.lol. need some parts, one being a fuel pump. .got one donated. But soon. Learned it a right hand rotation. An I needed a left rotatation. Thanks to the guys that checkin on my progress. Someone found a pump for us. The gear for its done an is getting ship as we speak. Lots to still do.if it was a green one or red one I could call an get the anser. Lol but I gotta custom build most of it. Lol jus like hanging the ppump. Ain't no such gear box unless its made. Gotta find a 3lm for it. Build a water system. Do the wiring. Its killing me it not out on the trac yet. Lol lol. Cant wait to pull in classic superstock . Awsome group of guys. Many thanks to all that watching, an giving me phone no. To find parts! We greatly. Apishate. It!

Re: Tractor Pulling goes to school DOUBLE B FARMS...LOL August 08, 2011 01:09PM
She is a cutie,but I think she would look GREAT in RED!Too bad I dont have T shirts done for my new tractor.We wanted to go to BG this year with a display,but time is precious and we cant get away..Sad

Re: Tractor Pulling goes to school DOUBLE B FARMS...LOL August 08, 2011 11:53PM
WELL SOUNDS LIKE I WIL HAVE TO SEND YA SOME PICTURES FROM OUT THERE. SORRY YOU CAN'T MAKE IT,,,, IF YOU GET SHIRTS MADE LET ME KNOW,,,, WE HAVE BEEN PUTTING THE ONES SHE GETS AND HERO CARDS ON THE CIELING OF HER ROOM,,,, ,,LOL I KNOW WE WILL COME HOME FROM BG WITH ALOT OF HERO CARDS,,,LOL,,,

Re: Tractor Pulling goes to school DOUBLE B FARMS...LOL August 09, 2011 02:12AM
Patty - Thanks for the update but PLEASE turn OFF your caps lock. Caps lock is like yelling. Please use your indoor voice and please stop YELLING! Caps lock makes it much harder to read and like the boy who cried wolf if you yell all the time nobody will take you serious when you need to yell. Please use lowercase.

Re: Tractor Pulling goes to school DOUBLE B FARMS...LOL August 10, 2011 09:35AM
SORRY TO OFFEND YOU BUT DID NOT KNOW THAT CAP LOCKS MENT THIS.....

Re: Tractor Pulling goes to school DOUBLE B FARMS...LOL August 10, 2011 09:49AM
And she's still typing in all caps.

Re: Tractor Pulling goes to school DOUBLE B FARMS...LOL August 10, 2011 12:07PM
It's easier to type in all caps all the time. THEN ME DON'T HAVE TO MEMBER WICH WORDS ARE SPOSED TO BE CAPITOLIZED. UMMMMM, WAS IT THE FIRST WORD OF THE SENTANCE OR THE LAST?????

Re: Tractor Pulling goes to school DOUBLE B FARMS...LOL August 10, 2011 01:31PM
DAM STRAIGHT,,,, STILL CAPS!!!!!! THIS IS WHY THE WORLD HAS GONE MAD,,,, THERE ALWAYS HAS TO BE AN @#$%& IN THE CROWD SOMEWHERE,

Re: Tractor Pulling goes to school DOUBLE B FARMS...LOL August 10, 2011 02:14PM
Dear deeredaughter,

No offense but you seem proud to be an ASS. Someone politely asks that you to please not YELL and instead of being polite and having some etiquette you still YELL and seem to be proud of being the jerk in the crowd.

America used to be a place where people were polite and had etiquette and manners (both in person and in written word). Now days people are "HEY LOOK AT ME". "LOOK HOW IMPORTANT I AM". I am the most important person in the world and I make the rules. Everyone is proud to be loud and act ghetto or like white trash. What happened to the America where people were polite and could write and read eloquently? The world has gone mad because America is exporting the self-centered and overly loud inner city attitude. Somewhere along the way people got so focused on themselves that they forgot how to be polite to others.

Lowercase and capital letters at the beginning of a sentence are not only appropriate but they are expected behavior on the internet. Instead we have people typing in all caps and writing term papers and book reports in txt language because it's easier or because they are just lazy. I hope that you are teaching your daughter simple manners like chewing with her mouth closed not picking her nose saying please and thank you and maybe just maybe when she is on the internet to turn off the caps lock.

I apologize if this offends anyone but we need to find the manners and the polite attitude that we once had. Sorry for my rant but I've watched our children and hence our society go downhill for many years now. I miss the days when the child got in trouble for bad behavior instead of listening to parents YELL and make excuses for the student.

Please consider your manners and if you want people to think you're intelligent or just another ghetto wannabe trailer trash queen. How you write reflects who you are.

Re: Tractor Pulling goes to school DOUBLE B FARMS...LOL August 10, 2011 02:45PM
That was very well said... Hope it gets through to her...

Re: Tractor Pulling goes to school DOUBLE B FARMS...LOL August 10, 2011 03:01PM
amen to that and people wonder why society has so many problems

Re: Tractor Pulling goes to school DOUBLE B FARMS...LOL August 11, 2011 11:33PM
OK.SHE USES CAPS.WHY IS EVERY BEING SO FUSSY OVER THIS PETTY BULLCRAP ISSUE OF USING CAPS?I USE CAPS BECAUSE ITS EASIER TO READ.IM NOT YELLING.ITS JUST EASIER TO READ.SO GET OVER THE PETTY CRAP AND GET ON WITH SOME REAL ISSUES!DONT YA'LL HAVE SOMETHING BETTER TO DO THAN BITCH?

Re: Tractor Pulling goes to school DOUBLE B FARMS...LOL August 11, 2011 11:25PM
when ya get my age CAPS is the only way we can read it!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,773, Posts: 229,940, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,029.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009