Langford pull August 07, 2011 05:02PM
on behalf of the Langford-New Oregon volunteer fire company i would like to thank everybody who came out to our eventful, down home country weekend and supported our fund raiser. thank you for your patience with the track, ( we got an inch and a half of rain an hour and a half before the pull was supposed to start and the track was opened up and turned to slop) by the second session we had the track fixed and had over 70 hooks with ESP and NYTPA. congrats to Mark Cole with the Gambler, the Fintak brothers with Xtreme Scheme, Spanky with just for fun, Hooter, and Chris Cole with Reborn Binder for winning their respective classes. we appreciate all of the NYTPA guys that made the trip, hope to see you all next year!

ESP/ NYTPA Langford Results August 08, 2011 02:17AM
Full results from the ESP/ NYTPA pull held in Langford, NY are posted on the website.

www.empirestatepullers.com

Re: ESP/ NYTPA Langford Results August 08, 2011 03:31AM
i thought it was a cosanctioned pull with nytpa,, don't see many names there from those pullers. if it wasn't for esp there would be not much pulling in ny

Re: ESP/ NYTPA Langford Results August 08, 2011 05:21AM
Have you ever been to an NYTPA show? Went to 2 last weekend and there were 15 and 18 supers in the class. There may be a few more pullers in WNY but NYTPA has a lot of pullers and good shows. Some ESP regulars are NYTPA regulars too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2011 05:22AM by nyspullnut.

Re: ESP/ NYTPA Langford Results August 08, 2011 05:31AM
it would have been nice to see more guys make the trip from nytpa

Re: ESP/ NYTPA Langford Results August 08, 2011 05:23AM
Not true at all. The NYTPA is also a very strong organization in NY state. Most of their pullers are based in and around the Albany area. If you look at the results most of the high point runners (SF,2wd,Mod, and HSS) were at Langford.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2011 12:00PM by Dan M.

Re: ESP/ NYTPA Langford Results August 08, 2011 06:37AM
i thought there were a good number of the nytpa boys out there the closest guy was prolly atleast 5 to 6 hrs east of langford. Most of the super stock guys are atleast 6 7 hours east of langford. Like NYpullnut said have you ever been to an nytpa event must be not.

Re: ESP/ NYTPA Langford Results August 08, 2011 07:09AM
dont forget nytpa ran many days in a row with very little time for repairs

Re: ESP/ NYTPA Langford Results August 08, 2011 07:41AM
Very true hayes super is down i herd the oliver had some trouble a couple superfarms had some trouble and a handful of others.

Re: ESP/ NYTPA Langford Results August 08, 2011 07:55AM
There is always next year. Want to know what dave is driving to be in the light class i s it a prostock or a light?

Re: ESP/ NYTPA Langford Results August 08, 2011 08:45AM
I wasn't there either, but Dave's new tractor is a DLSS.

Re: ESP/ NYTPA Langford Results August 08, 2011 09:13AM
Langford was a great show as always, got a much different view this year, sitting up in the stands for 12+ years, being trackside taking pictures was amazing( didn't relize how close the Oliver came to me until I put the camera down and looked) just had a great time with the video/ camera guys and girls( thanks for the laughs, jeff luckey is the man!) Daves overruled tractor is set up to run both the LSS and HSS Class, once the new tractor bugged get worked out of it it's gonna be one tough tractor in ESP! hopefully it's not to hurt from the run yesterday.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2011 09:14AM by newhollandblue.

Re: ESP/ NYTPA Langford Results August 09, 2011 04:06PM
Oliver owner had to work , backup driver waiting till family comfortable with idea of someone else in seat.
Both clubs have some really strong machines. Also some great shows. Tracks vary but if you want to see a
Power track show, norwich has some good clay that has broken a few tractors. Greenwich is a crowd draw-er.
Great track at langford show ran a little long for this central ny fellow. Back to the Oliver,
We are learning a lot. Having some issues we are dealing with and hope to be at many
Of nytpa events. Having fun w/ a few minor problems. Enjoy the shows that you are able to attend!

@mostly ESP August 08, 2011 11:03AM
What classes are you talking about? The teams from NYTPA had a brutal stretch.
NYTPA pulled:
7/29 @ Boonville(SS, 2wd, mods)
7/30 @ Whitney Point(SS, Mods) & Cobleskill(2wd, SF)
7/31 @ Cobleskill(SS, 2wd, mods)
8/1, 8/2, 8/3 @ St. Hyacinthe(SS, 2wd *no twd on 8/1)
8/6 @ Horseheads(SS, mods)
8/7 @ Langford

They then had 2 days off and were at Horseheads 8/6(SS, mods), and finished up with Langford last night. That's a pretty tough schedule in 10 days.....not to mention the miles these teams put on in those 10 days. If I was a fan I would be applauding those teams who showed up and supported the Langford event. As someone posted previously a large majority of the teams are located in the Albany area...thats quite a haul for any team. Who knows maybe the weather kept some teams home as well?

Re: @mostly ESP August 08, 2011 12:42PM
Scott you forgot Gouverneur on 8/6 as well for superfarms. I thought there was a good turn out of NYTPA tractors there also. Like mentioned early all of us had atleast 5-6 hour drives to langford.

Re: @mostly ESP August 08, 2011 01:49PM
The only Supers I can think of from NYTPA that didnt make it were the Rob and Richie Horton who were probably catching up on some farming after long week and Gaeton Yelle who probably would have had the longest drive of anybody

Re: @mostly ESP August 08, 2011 11:41PM
yes they were trying to farm (3rd cutting) plus i talked with rich and he said it was 350 miles so, that didn't sound fun to him. with fuel were it is he wishes it was closer i'm sure i was a great event

Re: @mostly ESP August 09, 2011 04:48AM
I am a fan from PA that drove up to see the langford pull,
I was up a few years ago when it was Just an ESP event and it was great.When I heard it was going to be a cosactioned w/ nytpa I decided to come up again. I was not dissapointed, great pull! I for one, as a big fan of pulling, want to say a big thank you to all the nytpa guys who made the trip! The classes were great with the best from both organizations being there. I am a bit biased( because they are my favorite classes) but the modified classes and heavy super stock classes benefited greatly from it being a co-sactioned event! Great run by Chris Cole and the Reborn Binder beating a tough running ESP tractor in Final Decision, Congrats! Thanks to all the pullers and everyone involved in putting the show on. I will definetly make the trip up again. Hoping it is cosactioned again. Looking forward to seeing the new York pullers again at The Buck Pa pull in September!

Re: @mostly ESP August 08, 2011 02:04PM
Yes I did forget Gouverneur. It was a tough stretch not only on the tractors/trucks but also the drivers, crews, and families.

Re: @mostly ESP August 08, 2011 02:15PM
It would of been nice to see the 20 mule team at Langford just cause that tractor pulled in our area for so long when Tom had it. But I agree it would of been a super long drive for him, huge thanks to the NYTPA guys that made it and the ones that didn't we hopefully we will see them in Syracuse.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,738, Posts: 229,877, Members: 3,334.
This forum: Topics: 37,086, Posts: 225,989.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM