Looking back: George W Bush presidency- thumbs up or down? November 07, 2020 02:23AM
The biggest positive is Gore and Kerry didn't get in.

In retrospect, John Roberts has been a mostly disastrous Supreme Court pick. With Alito, I'll give him a 50% batting average.

I'm torn on the wars. The Taliban needed to be rooted out, but Bush lacked the will to go all out. Hence, they are still there,

In Iraq, the British Intelligrnce and others agreed Iraq had wmd's (if we've been given honest info. That is a huge askterisk). However, once we got past the initial shock and awe phase, seems we played prevent defense and it dragged out longer than needed.

His initial response to the nation in the days after 9/11 was spot on. On the other hand, nothing substantive done on illegal immigration.

One reason Obama won in 2008 was the housing bubble recession. This was foreseen and nothing done. Was his administration thinking "let's punt to the next guy to deal with'" but it arrived a few months ahead of when they thought it would?

Overall assessment: Given who his opponents were, I'd rather have him. However, so many missed opportunities and lacking the will to really win (aka being ahead in the 4th quarter then letting up).

There are probably lots of positives and negatives I'm forgetting on the spur of the moment.
What's your take on W's presidency?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2020 02:24AM by The Original Michael.

Re: Looking back: George W Bush presidency- thumbs up or down? November 08, 2020 12:33AM
I'm torn too...

Good assessment of John Roberts... he's a complete disaster.

My biggest complaint with George W. Bush's time in office is the Patriot Act. It was a huge step toward taking away liberty under the guise of safety. Benjamin Franklin once said: "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." The Patriot Act started us down that road and now we're driving full speed away from liberty. Safety has become a cult movement.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,625, Posts: 229,686, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 279, Posts: 2,500.

Our newest member JD_8520