TRUCK SUGGESTIONS January 03, 2021 01:14PM
I currently have a FL70 and a 25 foot gooseneck to haul my 1155 pulling tractor ( and that's all I use it for). My question is I want to change my set-up to a straight truck with a bed and dove tail. I realize almost everyone uses the truck/trailer combination set-up, but I'm interested in some of the pro and con's to the change. I don't need an everyday truck to invest thousands of dollars in. I got this idea from a local company that hauls his dozer on a straight truck and dove tail. I'm thinking it would be an easier set-up to drive around. My main concern is it being top heavy. Thanks to suggestions. I just hope there are pulls to go to this year.

Re: TRUCK SUGGESTIONS January 03, 2021 01:25PM
Gonna be top heavy for sure and not the safest thing to load unless you winch it on and off
All the weight on the dozer is down low

Re: TRUCK SUGGESTIONS January 03, 2021 03:01PM
I did it for yrs, used a 12 foot ramp system that scissored, but was still high,I have a lowpro truck now, is only three inches taller than low gooseneck.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,698, Posts: 229,797, Members: 3,329.
This forum: Topics: 279, Posts: 2,500.

Our newest member CBeard