Masks January 09, 2021 12:56AM
If masks work -----why do we have to have yrs and yrs of colds, flu and other viruses, masks keep spit from flying, that is all

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2021 05:48AM by Jake Morgan.

Re: Masks January 09, 2021 02:01AM
iowa
If masks work -----why do we have to have yrs and yrs of colds, flu and other viruses, masks keep spit from flying, that is all
Correct. That's exactly why masks work.

Re: Masks January 09, 2021 02:22AM
Masks don't work, THEY SLIGHTLY HELP TO MAYBE SLOW THE SPREAD, --THEY DO NOTHING TO STOP IT. Masks are for those that can't think for themselves, listen to the new administration coming on board, see how that works for ya.

Re: Masks January 09, 2021 02:32AM
Yep
If mask work so well and the whole world is wearing them now why is everyone dying now supposedly
Wake up people and go about your business while you have an ounce of freedom left

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2021 05:54AM by Jake Morgan.

Re: Masks January 09, 2021 02:45AM
Ignorance prevails much more than any intelligence showing of choice making skills.We flew into and from China weeks after the threat was known, we have school in three days,home two, WTF, how does that help, we close most gathering places, but Wally World, Menards, Fleet Farm are packed day and night with no restrictions, quantines need to be severe, strict and potent, or are worthless, the pulls that were held had double and triple numbers attending, so inconsistent policies are for dummies.We bought up all the toilet paper, but yet no one was concerned about the food supply, - you don't need one without the other, And everyone has the right to carry worthless permits, another false certificate of do nothing except think you are protected, draw that weapon, shoot it, see how free you are, protected from what, the threats we need to be concerned about are ready to take much more away.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2021 05:49AM by Jake Morgan.

Re: Masks January 09, 2021 02:36AM
And this has what to do with the topic about the pulling season? Please stay on topic.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2021 05:50AM by Jake Morgan.

Re: Masks January 09, 2021 03:40AM
Dick,
Mask have everything to do with this subject. Pllfn if mask work California should be getting all better by now because they have been as strict as anyone in the states yet they are suffering the worst right now. Explain how mask have helped them,how has closing all of their restaurants as well as most small businesses helped them? Il wear them even though I don't think they make a hill of beans of a difference other than if a person is sick it will help keep that person from spreading the germs as far.

I go to the airport 2 days ago and have to stand 6' away from anyone then they put 120 of us on the plane shoulder to shoulder...makes sense huh!

S'no Farmer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2021 05:50AM by Jake Morgan.

Re: Masks January 09, 2021 06:05AM
I split this off from the other topic in the pulling forum because it became a pure mask debate it it didn't directly relate to the sport. Yes, I know that mask are part of the conversation about events, but this portion of the debate is simply a debate about whether masks are effective and not relevant to the 2021 season debate.

As for masks... follow the science. Read it. Share it. Look for opposing scientific studies and test the rigor in-which all the studies took place. Here's a link to a thread containing the latest peer reviewed studies on masks:
[www.pulloff.com]

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2021 07:14AM by Jake Morgan.

Re: Masks January 09, 2021 01:15PM
Interesting read, I'm just a dumb farm boy and have been saying that for months. I will wear the mask if it makes other people feel better, I just hate seeing folks hard earned businesses being ruined all while the big box stores are thriving. I've never been able to understand why we can go in there and not a local store, makes me furious.

S'no Farmer

Re: Masks January 09, 2021 02:18PM
All part of the plan. Everybody work for the corporate overlords or else wait on your government income stream. You are under control either way. Chalk another win for the China virus. Gets harder & harder to keep selling the masks the further we get into this. Rarely see anyone without them, yet we're told situation worst it's ever been. Either they know nothing about this virus still or somebody's a liein. I know both concepts are hard to believe.

Re: Masks January 10, 2021 08:16AM
1) cloth masks offer minimal help even when worn correctly, and people wearing masks on their chins is as valuable as a bucket of warm spit. I see it in stores I visit.
2) respirators like a N95 or KN95, are a better and more logical option. They are by no means perfect but I would bet money that we would see a dive in numbers if people would use those-correctly-in addition to distancing and hand washing, with businesses and schools fully open.

I don't know about the rest of you but I rarely if ever have I seen instructions about how to wear a mask or respirator correctly. on the surface it should not be hard to figure out but there is some nuance left out from simply putting one on and taking it off.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Re: Masks January 11, 2021 01:55PM
Any mask I've ever seen classified as N95'S had an exhalation valve built in. In other words they're woodworkers masks. I'm just a dumb ole deplorable, but seems to me any possible value would be to the wearer only. I fail to see even a limited value in stopping the wearer from spreading virus or anything else. But all mask do work! . At guaging public acceptance , measuring mallabilty of the masses, pitting one American against the other, fogging eye glasses to the point you can't see & don't forget just plain old profits. I very very rarely see anyone without them. Ohio Governor made business owners his mask police force. Yet the virus worsens ? A very hard sell.

Re: Masks January 11, 2021 02:24PM
I've got n95's with valves and without, so there's no real rule. I've spent long days in both doing demolition work and they both work well. They are effective at protecting the wearer (even from a virus) if worn properly (studies bear this out). Yes, only the wearer. Personal responsibility. Wear what makes YOU feel safe. Wear what aligns with your risk level. It's not the governments job to choose our individual risk level, but they sure seem to like doing it.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 281, Posts: 2,508.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009