XL Pipeline January 20, 2021 02:37AM
With the Biden administration coming to power today one of his first moves is said to be to cancel the permits for the XL pipeline. I'm sure there will be many more Obama like restrictions placed on the oil and gas industries. How long will it be before we are up to $3 or $4 gas again? If there is anything that will help kill an economy that is already reeling it is high gas prices as well as putting those people that work in those industries out of work. Thoughts?

S'no Farmer

Re: XL Pipeline January 20, 2021 03:28AM
Who would want energy independence, oil from the north american continent, (yes XL runs into Alberta ) & $2 gasoline, when instead you can have $4 gasoline , a return to endless involvement in Mideast wars, kowtowing to various sheiks & enriching military contractors to help us recover from China's gift to the world ? Only someone in need of "deprogramming" & re education according many in state run media & some in government.

Re: XL Pipeline January 20, 2021 04:48AM
Agreed, I also think that high gas prices will disproportionally hurt lower income families rather quickly. It will become a much bigger portion of their budget. Long-term, high fuel prices eventually trickle down to every single aspect of our economy because it will impact the supply chain so I don't think the Keystone Pipeline permit pulling is in the best interest of our nation.

One side note: who is going to reimburse the companies for all the work that already been done? Will Canada make a fuss because this will negatively impact their economy as well? It should be interesting to see how this permitting plays out.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: XL Pipeline January 20, 2021 06:09AM
Jake Morgan
Agreed, I also think that high gas prices will disproportionally hurt lower income families rather quickly. It will become a much bigger portion of their budget. economy as well? It should be interesting to see how this permitting plays out.

Oh, it'll be ok, he's making the minimum wage 15/hr! jeez this is going to be an ugly time in our lives!

Re: XL Pipeline January 21, 2021 02:03PM
We have to keep the pressure on our lawmakers and states to tighten down on the voting process.
Voter ID
No vote by mail
Absentee ballot only if the detailed chain of command is followed

If something isn't done now, you'll have the swamp running crazy forever.

Very sad situation!
They built a wall around the capitol and shut down construction on the Southern Border wall; that's very hypocritical.

Re: XL Pipeline January 21, 2021 03:31PM
NO, No, no, no, no, Kevin. Only the 'right is " hypocritical". Never, never, never the 'left'. Have you not heard them tell you that? Ya gotta clean all that built up sticky wax outa ya ears ! Then donate that wax to joey so he can be a little more slippery in his dealings. Commiela would probably like a little piece of it, too.

Re: XL Pipeline January 22, 2021 12:23AM
kevinh
We have to keep the pressure on our lawmakers and states to tighten down on the voting process.
Voter ID
No vote by mail
Absentee ballot only if the detailed chain of command is followed

How dare you suggest that government officials do something logical and ethical. What's next? You'll probably argue for something like following the Constitution, or term limits or some crazy idea like government officials should play by the same rules as the rest of us. How dare you criticize our kings... whoops, I mean fairly elected officials. Your job is to blindly serve them without question and to unify behind them... if not, you're clearly a science denying, racist, Nazi, insurrectionist. [/sarcasm]

Sadly, both the Republican party and Democrat party aren't the solution. The only hope we have is the Convention of States. I think it's a longshot, but I think it's our only hope.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: XL Pipeline January 23, 2021 12:25AM
Term limits sure would help. If we'd had term limits Aunt Nan and uncle Chuck would've been long gone. Uncle Mitch and few others too. I asked a former Congressman from my area if he wanted to go back to Washington. He laughed and said no way.

Re: XL Pipeline January 23, 2021 07:01AM
We have term limits,they're called elections. For all the complaining about Trump,participation
in US government is at an all time high. Hopefully that will continue. Democrats are in a tough
spot if they don't come through on the majority of their promises,half of last election's voters
are waiting for a rematch.

Re: XL Pipeline January 23, 2021 09:09AM
The way I see the business of voting out your representatives. Most voters think its the other guy's representative not their representative. Their representative gets stuff for their district (you know that nasty pork that they add to these bills that they pass) and people love them for it but hate it when other representatives do it for their districts. Its a never ending cycle that keeps these same people in power endlessly. Not to mention do any of you really think these representatives are going to cut off their gravy train? After all they are the one that control term limits so how likley is it that it will EVER happen?

S'no Farmer

Re: XL Pipeline January 23, 2021 12:33PM
I live in communist Illinois already none of this is new. Now it will be nationwide... I will not vote for an incumbent in my district local, state or national. I'll hold my nose and vote Republican the rest of my days until there is a new viable alternative. I have voted for one Democrat since I was 18 and that was for a state office because of his tractor pulling ties. I don't know if I can do that again.

Re: XL Pipeline January 20, 2021 09:46AM
I'm in the Northeastern Pa. natural gas region and the drill rigs have been hammering this past year before EPA gets all their power restored. Natural gas prices have been in the toilet for a few years now. Not good for me but good for those using the product. I have liked my diesel fuel bills the last 2 years sure helped my bottom line.
I'm like you guys I don't know why we don't want to be self sufficient vs. beholden to the Middle East.

Re: XL Pipeline January 28, 2021 04:11PM
Heard today without Biden shutting down the pipeline, it was going to cost Warren Buffett about 2 billion a yr cause he owns the railway that transported the oil, so now his railcars can continue to haul the oil -- consequently Warren Buffett donated 58 million to the Biden campaign -- imagine that !!!!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,700, Posts: 229,800, Members: 3,329.
This forum: Topics: 279, Posts: 2,500.

Our newest member CBeard