Economy under both parties January 20, 2021 07:01AM
I can see how all these things might seem like they are going to kill the economy but In the past they haven't. Regardless of which president or party that has been in power and what their policies have been history has shown only one president in the modern era has left office with a worse US economy compared to when they came in. That was a Republican. In the last 40 years it could reasonably argued that the economy ended up stronger under Clinton/Obama than it has been with Reagan/Bush/Bush/Trump.

I'm not advocating for Republican or Democrat just putting fears into perspective.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2021 02:44PM by Jake Morgan.

Re: Economy under both parties January 20, 2021 12:46PM
your full of crap

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2021 02:44PM by Jake Morgan.

Re: Economy under both parties January 20, 2021 04:46PM
Your 15 an hour isn’t going to do nobody know good when you have to spend it all on GAS.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2021 02:45PM by Jake Morgan.

Re: Economy under both parties January 21, 2021 12:38AM
Im for no party never voted just went with the flow for who ever was put as president. But I have to say the last four years personally and business have made more and spent more than I ever did. As a world virus nobody could ever plan on something that powerful and put it under next day control. So to sit back and watch the economy tank as to what he was doing I don't think anybody can blame him.As I said went with the flow but listen to this new one and the media I never heard such rip raff. I'm scared on whats to come knowing where I stand. He telling all of us he's taking a sharp turn as we are already in a sharp turn. (COVID and Economy) This means we are over driving and a wreak is coming. To sharp and to quick people fall off the wagon and it turns in a jack knife or a role over. This is a very delicate time and I don't think there the one's that know how to drive the country out of the wreak that's coming. The economy was never strong at there last ending. Worker comp all time high, gas all time high, everything else was to. The last gut put air into the sails and made it affordable and middle class business boomed as that's the real heart beat of (America or World) He's not the one that contaminated the air that the world has to breathe. So who benefits with the roll over. Who plaque the air. And of course now we want to go back and be team players. We have to join the team LOL. I thought we were the team. That was the problem as we sold to much stock and we are coming back to it again sell the little bit that remains.

Re: Economy under both parties January 22, 2021 04:37AM
Lewis Conner
your full of crap

Job Gains (source B of Labor statistics):
Clinton: 21%
Reagan: 18%
Obama: 8.6%
Bush Sr: 2%
Bush Jr: 1%
Trump: -3%

Unemployment (BLS):
Clinton: down 3%
Obama: down 3%

Bush Sr.: up 2%
Trump: up 3%
Bush Jr: up 4%

Median Income (US Census):
Clinton: Up 14%
Trump: up 9%
Reagan: up 8%
Obama: up 5%
Bush Sr.: Down 3%
Bush Jr: Down 4%

S&P 500:
Clinton: up 210%
Obama: up 182%

Reagan: up 118%
Bush Sr: up 51%
Trump: up 44%
Bush Jr: Down 40%

Home Prices (US National Home Price Index):
Clinton: up 43%
Bush Jr.: up 36%
Obama: up 24%
Trump: up 21%
Bush Sr: up 4%

Consumer spending (BEA):
Clinton: up 38%
Reagan: up 36%
Bush Jr.: up 19%
Obama: up 19%
Bush Sr.: Up 9%
Trump: Up 3%

Debt to GDP (BEA):
Clinton: down 14.1%
Bush Sr: up 8%
Bush Jr: up 11%
Reagan: up 14%
Trump: up 30%
Obama: up 30%

GDP (BEA):
Clinton: up 35%
Reagan: up 32%
Obama: up 17%
Bush Jr: up 16%
Bush Sr: up 9.2%
Trump: up 4%

Re: Economy under both parties January 22, 2021 10:20AM
You can say whatever you want ( triplealfaprocess) - those are your numbers, me or anyone can put up any number - but the truth is ( an you know it ) Trump has the best numbers for America and he was robbed !!! The booben administration is a total joke -- this lunatic sat in the basement 2/3 of his campaign an still was elected ( really - seriously think about that )-- and then Kamical was the first one to drop out of the race with less than 2% following and ends up vice president --- ANYONE that cant see that this was election was stolen from PRESIDENT TRUMP is an absolute idiot !!!

Re: Economy under both parties January 22, 2021 01:09PM
Hate to break it to you, but these numbers have been reported by several news outlets. What Jeff is posting is factual information and not numbers he has "made up".

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re: Economy under both parties January 22, 2021 01:28PM
Just a question not tryn to argue, how come it was reported that Trumps economy was better than anyone had ever had on everything! America was happier than theyd ever been and i say a America - cause those that tried to hang him from day one are communist !!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2021 02:46PM by Jake Morgan.

Re: Economy under both parties January 22, 2021 01:52PM
I for one am far better off now than I was 4 years ago. I don't question those numbers but I will say this most of those ex presidents had 8 yrs to do it... Realistically President Trump had 2 at best... Most of his historic success was hobbled and erased by the Wohon flu. Or have you closet liberal forgotten that already?

Re: Economy under both parties January 22, 2021 01:52PM
I agree also
I have to admit I made more money when Clinton was in even though my business has never changed
I believe that the cost of living was at it lowest vs our wages for example my barns have more than doubled and may even triple by the end of this year but I actually make less labor now than I did 25 years ago but everything I buy has more than doubled so just because you’re busy and you get more out your product doesn’t mean you profit more
Think about it

Re: Economy under both parties January 24, 2021 01:02AM
?
ANYONE that cant see that this was election was stolen from PRESIDENT TRUMP is an absolute idiot !!!
You go ahead and take that lie to your grave. 40+ judges dismissed election cases based on lack of merit. Some of those judges are conservative Trump appointees. Trump's own legal team refused to take the cases based on lack of merit and the likelihood of getting themselves into legal trouble. William Barr even shot the possibility down.

I'm not a Democrat. I am more conservative than most people on here. But I know the difference between truth, bias and out right conspiracy lies created to manipulate the public (and anyone who disagrees with their lie is a left wing communist.)

Re: Economy under both parties January 22, 2021 01:58PM
T.A.P. I truly believe that if you subtract the pandemic out of the Trump era you would see something totally different. The pandemic shut down an economy that was well above anything we had seen in many years.

S'no Farmer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2021 02:47PM by Jake Morgan.

Re: Economy under both parties January 22, 2021 02:28PM
Brent, if you are suggesting 'any of the mainline' so - called "news media", it is well known they will do ANYTHING to support and promote the left wing radical lying propagandists, with their commie agenda. So any of the mainline "news media" numbers are totally suspect.
Start thinking for yourself, hopefully with common sense.

T.A.P. - Goodness, Trump with -3% Jobs Gain and Unemployment up 3%. What a joke those figures are, when his economy had the lowest unemployment rate in decades.
And Trump inherited a terrible but high taxed economy.
Obummer stood about 18 miles from my house in a national speech and said that 'oh, no, you cannot expect the US economy to ever be what it once was. It is a new day and we have to retrain ourselves for lower paying jobs.'
And what did Trump do a few months later. Got people back to work with fairer taxes.
But I assume the CV19 severly hammmered Trump's numbers, that are in TAP's chart.
Unfortunatley, that is not a very fair comparison.
But, then, that fits the mainline mass media's objective to a tee - anything to cast Trump in a very negative aspect.
I do not approve of everything Trump did or how he presented himself. But the overall good he accomplished for the good of the US speaks volumes. That is what should count.

Re: Economy under both parties January 23, 2021 02:56AM
I agree, the pandemic was unprecedented and I'd be very interested to compare President Trumps numbers both pre and post pandemic just for the sake of interest. Wonder if the same data is available for the Trump Presidency at year 3.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Economy under both parties January 23, 2021 06:37AM
I'm laughing right now because I could have predicted each every response to how my post is false and how Trump was the best ever and how COVID-19 was the reason why his numbers are lower than other and he only had four years....etc. etc. etc. Here's the thing I like Trump and I didn't vote for Biden and whether you want to believe what I posted or not you may want to try and look at the possibility that other presidents were just as good if not better than Trump when it came to the economy. Having said all that I will try and address each one of the points made.

1. My numbers are false and made up-Well than the numbers that Trump quoted during his whole presidency are also false since they are the same sources he used. So I guess both Trump and I are lying. If you don't believe me I cited sources for each set of numbers.

2. He only had four years-True and had his term has been difficult dealing with COVID-19. However, if you look at the trends before COVID-19 hit he was still behind Clinton, Reagan and even Obama (in some categories) at the same time (Year 3). Obama had a housing crisis when he came into office. When Trump came into office the economy was already in good shape. Employers had added jobs for 76 months straight — the longest hiring streak on record at the time — and unemployment was just 4.7%, a 10-year low. Corporate profits were near all-time highs, and so were stocks. Overall, gross domestic product was growing around 2.5% a year.

3. He had to deal with COVID-19. Very true and it was devastating for (parts) of our economy. If you don't believe me that it was only parts then realize only employment numbers went down and are still down from when COVID hit to now. Just about every other factor came back very quickly (Home prices, median income, GDP, Consumer spending, and S&P 500).

4. No other president had to deal with something like COVID. True but I would argue there were worse economic issues in the past. Obama had to deal with the housing crisis which was more economically devastating than COVID-19. Folk's number 1 financial asset was cut by 40% or more. Bush Jr. had to deal with that and 9/11. Clinton had to deal with an ongoing recession, post-cold war ferment, Somalia...etc. My point is every president has to deal with major issues.

No doubt Trump was a good president and the economy did well under him but don't fall to the fallacy that he is the only one that can create a good economy and that we are "doomed." If you refer to my original post you'll see that's the point I made. However, if you don't want to believe numbers and figures that were quoted by Trump and his administration throughout his presidency by all means do so. I am just trying to provide some perspective.

Re: Economy under both parties January 23, 2021 03:37PM
I did a little cleanup and split this off of the Keystone XL Pipeline topic because it seems to be an interesting discussion, but it's a a bit off topic from the original thread.

I don't have a desk job anymore so I don't use Excel much these days but I thought I'd freshen up my skills and make a quick graph of some data. Looking at a list of numbers doesn't get me too excited so I made a quick picture. I didn't use all the metrics that TripleAlphaProcess used but I picked a few that seemed interesting to me and I graphed them and then overlaid the President at the time.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2021 12:25AM by Jake Morgan.

Re: Economy under both parties January 23, 2021 04:19PM
One more graph. This looks at the Debt to GDP Ratio. Unfortunately Trump didn't do well on this in either Pre or Post Pandemic time periods. FDR is considered one of the most fiscally liberal Presidents (Truman inherited that after FDR's death so much of the bump appears in his first few years) and Trump never had a single year where we made more money than we spent. Not even FDR's social welfare programs did that. You could argue that Trump inherited that from Obama just like Truman did, and I'd say you probably have a pretty good argument, but the Republicans had the Presidency, Senate, and House for the first two years and didn't seem to do a good job cutting spending. If you look at the other graph I posted earlier the GDP grew consistently under Trump (thumbs up!) but sadly so did our spending (hence the ratio staying above 100%). Some of the trends show that for certain things political party doesn't seem to matter much now days... two sides of the same coin as far as spending is concerned. Unsustainable.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2021 12:16AM by Jake Morgan.

Re: Economy under both parties January 24, 2021 11:18AM
Just read where San Francisco pays $18,000,000 a month to house 2,200 homeless folks. That’s is over $8,000 per person per month haha. And guess who is about to pick up the tab due to Biden’s executive order, us.

Lunacy.

Re: Economy under both parties January 26, 2021 05:59AM
WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK HAS BEEN PAYING IT NOW, BEFORE AND AFTER, some big turd floating off shore??????????????if you ain't political,medi cal,gov't housing, , lawyer, or big oil, money goes out away, - not in or towards you.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 281, Posts: 2,508.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009