pledge March 14, 2021 02:34PM
I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2021 02:43PM by Supertiquer.

Re: pledge March 14, 2021 03:15PM
Amen! And thumbs up Supertiquer!!

Pledge in school March 14, 2021 09:43PM
I can remember when in elementary school we started every morning saying the pledge and with the national anthem. When we went to the middle/high school building that stopped.

Re: pledge March 15, 2021 08:35AM
Red Skelton did a reading of the pledge of allegiance and explained in detail the meaning of each word, I was very powerful.

S'no Farmer

Re: pledge March 15, 2021 11:08AM
If you want to believe in god, that's your business. But it has no place in public schools. There should be a separation of church and state. If you want your kids talking about god, then send them to a religious school.

Re: pledge March 15, 2021 12:25PM
Grubby you bring up an interesting point.

Before I go any further, I will always stand and recite the Pledge because I think it is right thing to do and I think it should be in schools, as well as a moment of silence. Again, my opinion.

To springboard off my personal stance I think that if a kid does not want to stand, for personal or religious reasons they have the right to do so. In the end I want my right to recite it just as protected as much as someone's decision NOT to participate.

With respect to the mention of God in the Pledge, it has had an interesting history and in doing a little research I found a court case that involved a family and their religious objection to the pledge. "In October 1935, 10-year-old Billy Gobitas and his 11-year-old sister Lillian were expelled from school after they refused to salute the flag. As Jehovah’s Witnesses who believed that venerating the flag violated God’s prohibition against bowing to graven images, the Gobitas family argued that the flag salute infringed the children’s First Amendment rights." The family lost the case and it's one of many of a similar argument since.
I find that to be a very interesting argument, but I don't look at it that way; I'm not bowing to the Flag/graven image, I believe I'm paying simple, due respect to the nation and to those who fought to afford us freedoms that we often take for granted.

In the end, you do what you think is right, because it is your right...the battle(s) that offer us that ability were fought over 200 years ago...act accordingly.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Re: pledge March 15, 2021 01:48PM
And it's entirely your right to stand for it Mr. Lively. And as I stated before, I have no problem with people believing in any religion they want. My problem lies with the people like Mr. Question mark who think that since they believe in it, everone else should too. If I'm not mistaken, those people fighting 200 years ago were also fighting for freedom from religious persecution. That includes the treatment of those that don't have the same beliefs as you.

Re: pledge March 15, 2021 02:40PM
Grubby
And it's entirely your right to stand for it Mr. Lively. And as I stated before, I have no problem with people believing in any religion they want. My problem lies with the people like Mr. Question mark who think that since they believe in it, everone else should too. If I'm not mistaken, those people fighting 200 years ago were also fighting for freedom from religious persecution. That includes the treatment of those that don't have the same beliefs as you.

And In GOD we trust is still on America's currency. And it's also on the very front of the Supertiquer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2021 02:42PM by Supertiquer.

Re: pledge March 16, 2021 08:39AM
To Grubby: I see your on this site and make comments, so I assume you're a tractor pulling fan. Do you stand when they sing the national anthem? If so why is the pledge of allegiance different just because of one word? I was taught growing up it was a sign of respect to flag and for those who lost their lives fighting for our nation.

Re: pledge March 17, 2021 11:32PM
I was recently elected as county commissioner, we say it before every meeting. Some of the others in the meeting make it seem like a burden. But that's ok I say it loud enough for them all to hear. Haha

Re: pledge March 18, 2021 12:20AM
I don't think the pledge should be mandatory/compulsory, but I do think it should be recited every morning in schools, and I'm fine with it at any government function. If students (or elected officials) want to stand silently or if they want to omit "under God" they should have every right to do so. If they want to take a knee then that's their choice too. (I wouldn't let my kids omit any part of the pledge but they are 9, 7, and 5 so they don't get to make those choices yet...). You shouldn't be compelled to speech, but you shouldn't be prohibited from it either.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: pledge March 18, 2021 01:29AM
Anytime the word GOD is omitted from ANYTHING it is a WRONG move. Anyone that know how times were before everything had to be politically correct knows the world was a better place - EVERYONE stood for the national anthem, the flag was respected,the pledge of allegiance was said, an nobody wondered what sex they were, times were way better !!!! RESPECT has disappeared !! Its shameful !!!

Re: pledge March 18, 2021 10:56AM
Self esteem, pride and work ethic and common sense have also mostly disappeared, only certain minorities benefit from such loss.

Re: pledge March 18, 2021 03:14PM
Billee,
I was with you until the last sentence, why would you think it is only minorities that take advantage of these losses?

S'no Farmer

Re: pledge March 19, 2021 01:06AM
maybe reverse discrimination

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,720, Posts: 229,839, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 281, Posts: 2,506.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro