happy anniversary March 16, 2021 04:50AM
today marks 1 year since we did 'two weeks to flatten the curve'. trust the experts like the almighty and holy anthony faucci. what a fraud.

Re: happy anniversary March 16, 2021 07:54AM
Your sentiments about Fauci were the same he faced with the AIDs pandemic early on and after looking back on his accomplishments he lead the effort to take a disease that was a 95% death sentence to essentially being cured and preventable today.

Re: happy anniversary March 17, 2021 03:20AM
TripleAlphaProcess
Your sentiments about Fauci were the same he faced with the AIDs pandemic early on and after looking back on his accomplishments he lead the effort to take a disease that was a 95% death sentence to essentially being cured and preventable today.

He may have been right on AIDs but he has been wrong about nearly every thing with COVID. One example, at the start he followed science and stated masks arent effective as proved by several studies then switched gears under political pressure.

Rand Paul quote.... Fauci has been wrong on nearly every thing COVID related.

Re: happy anniversary March 17, 2021 03:53AM
The AIDS epidemic was pretty minor compared to this pandemic in terms oontrol and ability to identify high risk individuals. The modes of transmission of HIV were isolated early on to specific members of society and the means to control it were very clear. For any epidemiologist AIDS was underhand, slow-pitch softball; COVID has been a series of high-speed knuckleballs.

The biggest memory I have of the time of the AIDS epidemic in the late Eighties was the Sex/AIDS education that we were taught, with a bit of controversy. As a high school freshman in the Spring of 1988 I can still vividly remember 33 years later my health class teacher, who was also the Smedium-shirt-wearing, 70's mustache-adorned Assistant Football Coach, trying to describe safe sexual intercourse without using typical high school football coach language. He also described soccer as "communist" but thats another story.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Re: happy anniversary March 17, 2021 04:44AM
Bryan Lively
The AIDS epidemic was pretty minor compared to this pandemic in terms oontrol and ability to identify high risk individuals. The modes of transmission of HIV were isolated early on to specific members of society and the means to control it were very clear. For any epidemiologist AIDS was underhand, slow-pitch softball; COVID has been a series of high-speed knuckleballs.

The biggest memory I have of the time of the AIDS epidemic in the late Eighties was the Sex/AIDS education that we were taught, with a bit of controversy. As a high school freshman in the Spring of 1988 I can still vividly remember 33 years later my health class teacher, who was also the Smedium-shirt-wearing, 70's mustache-adorned Assistant Football Coach, trying to describe safe sexual intercourse without using typical high school football coach language. He also described soccer as "communist" but thats another story.

We could start a whole other thread on HIV versus COVID. I'd likely differ with your opinion about how epidemiologists felt it was an underhand slow pitch softball but my point is the man is far from a fraud. He is a proven expert in infectious disease. Sure, he may have got somethings wrong but in general he has been pretty directionally accurate. It's not easy to send a clear message when you have the administration contradicting you on a regular basis.

Also, if over half of the population doesn't follow the guidance of course the guidance isn't going to work. That's like saying my window screens don't keep out mosquitos when I leave them off half of the open windows.....

Re: happy anniversary March 17, 2021 05:36AM
it's america, the right to dissent and entitlements nowadays, not a bonded society adhering to social mores like back in the day when immigrants became citizens and adadapted Americans rules, laws and safeguards, now we allow social injustices on the name of political righteousness.it only works when done for the majority, - not the miniority.

Re: happy anniversary March 17, 2021 05:44AM
TripleAlphaProcess

We could start a whole other thread on HIV versus COVID. I'd likely differ with your opinion about how epidemiologists felt it was an underhand slow pitch softball but my point is the man is far from a fraud. He is a proven expert in infectious disease. Sure, he may have got somethings wrong but in general he has been pretty directionally accurate. It's not easy to send a clear message when you have the administration contradicting you on a regular basis.

Also, if over half of the population doesn't follow the guidance of course the guidance isn't going to work. That's like saying my window screens don't keep out mosquitos when I leave them off half of the open windows.....

I guess my thoughts should be considered "in retrospect." You have to agree that the common thread here was that transmission of HIV was pinned down largely within specific demographics (homosexuals and Intravenous drug abusers) and the specific means of transmission (bodily fluids) kept it from spreading to another level, separating it from the COVID-scale problem. I agree there's another whole level of discussion but that's for another time.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Re: happy anniversary March 17, 2021 05:56AM
Right on Bryan, your common sense is not so common for so many any more, Aids was a very specific problem area, most had nothing to worry about.

Dr. Fauci on AIDS March 17, 2021 10:26AM
I'm by no means an expert about AIDS... so take this with a grain of salt but this is from a left leaning website from back before some/many on the left side of the isle had a cult like worship for him:

Dr. Anthony Fauci is rewriting history. He is doing so to disguise his shameful role in delaying promotion of an AIDS treatment that would have prevented tens of thousands of deaths in the first years of the epidemic

In my book, Body Counts, A Memoir of Politics, Sex, AIDS, and Survival, I recount how slow the federal government was in publicizing the use of Bactrim and other sulfa drugs to prevent PCP (the pneumonia that was then the leading killer of people with AIDS) in addition to its long-time and well-known use to treat PCP.

Fauci refused to acknowledge the evidence and, according to one account, even encouraged people with AIDS to stop taking treatments, like Bactrim, that weren’t specifically approved for use in people with AIDS. Longtime treatment activist Richard Jefferys wrote in 2001 that Fauci “went as far as telling activists attending a 1987 meeting that there was no data to suggest PCP prophylaxis was beneficial and that it may, in fact be dangerous.”
from [www.huffpost.com]

Dr. Fauci also predicted that AIDS would be in more than 10% of the heterosexual population and I don't think it ever got near that. Again, I'm not sure what his AIDS accomplishments are so I don't speak with any expertise, I've only read a few articles from both side of the isle on his history and it's a mixed bag.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2021 10:27AM by Jake Morgan.

Dr. Fauci on COVID March 17, 2021 11:17AM
Here are some quick snippets from a number of different comments Dr. Fauci has made in the past year and a half:

Dr. Fauci based all of his predictions on the garbage IHME and Imperial College models that were OFF BY MILLIONS. Then , later he later told reporters, “You can’t really rely on models.”

In January 2020 Dr. Anthony Fauci told Newsmax TV that the United States “did not have to worry” about the coronavirus and that it was “not a major threat.”

on February 29, 2020, Dr. Fauci said malls, movies and gyms were OK... He changed his tune on that one pretty quick.

On March 8, 2020, he described lockdown measures in China as “draconian” and stated that such restrictions wouldn’t be “feasible” in the U.S.

On March 8, 2020 “Right now in the United States, people should not be walking around with masks… There’s no reason to be walking around with a mask.”… "When you're in the middle of an outbreak, wearing a mask might make people feel a little bit better and it might even block a droplet, but it's not providing the perfect protection that people think that it is."… people keep fiddling with the mask and they keep touching their face." 

May 21, 2020, The New England Journal of Medicine: “We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection. Public health authorities define a significant exposure to Covid-19 as face-to-face contact within 6 feet with a patient with symptomatic Covid-19 that is sustained for at least a few minutes (and some say more than 10 minutes or even 30 minutes). The chance of catching Covid-19 from a passing interaction in a public space is therefore minimal. In many cases, the desire for widespread masking is a reflexive reaction to anxiety over the pandemic.

Dr Fauci has spent the rest of 2020 advocating for mask mandates despite his questioning of them early. He justified his early question of mask by saying he wanted to make sure that people didn’t buy all the masks so health care professionals could get them.

Jan 25, 2021, Americans should wear two masks instead of just one to protect themselves from the spread of COVID-19, claiming without evidence that doing so “makes common sense.” follow the science he says!

Jan 27, 2021, Fauci emphasized what is recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) regarding masks. "The CDC does not recommend that you should wear two masks”

Jan 31, 2021, "Fauci on double masking: 'There's no data that indicates that that is going to make a difference."

Now he’s saying we will NEED to wear masks until 2022 and he’s back to advocating for double masks.

on March 9, 2020, Dr. Fauci said cruises were OK .

Days later on March 15, 2020, he changed positions and said he was open to a national 14-day shutdown to help stop the spread. In April, when pressed in a CNN interview on why social distancing and lockdowns weren't implemented sooner, he sparked confusion when he said more lives “obviously” could have been saved if there hadn't been "pushback" to lockdowns at the start of the pandemic. The very next day, he backtracked, saying that he used “the wrong choice of words."

March 26, 2020 Dr. Fauci co-authored a report on the coronavirus in the New England Journal of Medicine. In the report Dr. Fauci now argues that the mortality rate of the coronavirus may be much closer to a very bad flu.

April 15, 2020, Fauci endorses Tinder hookups, unbelievably. Then said Americans should never shake hands again.

April 22, 2020 Dr. Fauci warned that Georgia would see a surge in coronavirus cases and deaths by opening their economy too early. In fact the opposite happened.

May 12, 2020 “ I’m very reserved in making broad predictions”

May 12, 2020, during testimony Dr. Fauci told Dr. Rand Paul that opening the schools would not be a good idea. Data from the past year has shown that schools can function safely and the fears were unfounded.

Jan. 28 on asymptomatic transmission, saying what "people need to realize" is that in "all the history" of respiratory-borne viruses, asymptomatic transmission has never been the driver of outbreaks. 

By August, Fauci did a complete 180, saying asymptomatic cases were a driving factor in the community spread of COVID-19

In late August, researchers from Southern Medical University in Guangzhou concluded that "asymptomatic cases were least likely to infect their close contacts."

He continues to push the asymptomatic spread narrative despite zero evidence that back up his claims.

Fauci advocated the use of remdesivir in April, citing one trial prior to it being peer-reviewed, lauding it as a breakthrough “in diminishing time to recovery” for patients with COVID-19 and predicting it "will be the standard of care."

In November, however, the WHO warned against using remdesivir, saying that “there is currently no evidence that remdesivir improves survival and other outcomes in these patients.”

March 20th Dr. Fauci jumped in and “corrected” the president during a press briefing on hydroxychloroquine treatment for coronavirus saying, “You got to be careful when you say ‘fairly effective.’ It was never done in a clinical trial… It was given to individuals and felt that maybe it worked.” Fauci dismissed hydroxychloroquine as a treatment after Trump touted the drug, saying research showed that it was not “effective."

however, a peer-reviewed study, which will be published in the International Journal of Antimicrobial Agents, found that there were 84% fewer hospitalizations with patients who were given a drug cocktail containing hydroxychloroquine. There was also an international poll of more than 6,000 doctors that have seen effective results using it as a treatment

Fauci warned in a May hearing while the school closure debate was ongoing that Kawasaki disease, which causes inflammation in blood vessels in children, could be related to COVID-19. However, diagnoses of Kawasaki disease did not increase in 2020 compared to data from 2018 and 2019, according to research released in November

Fauci literally said New York “did it correctly” with its coronavirus response.

Kristi Noem, “Dr. Fauci told me that I would have 10,000 COVID patients in the hospital on our worst day,” she recalled. “On our worst day, we had a little over 600. I don’t know if you agree, but Dr. Fauci is wrong a lot.”

Through the pandemic the US averaged 3% of all ER visits were for COVID and COVID like symptoms. The highest the US got to was only 8% on a few occasions, far lower than Dr. Fauci has predicted.

Some of these were direct quotes, some were comments from numerous websites. For me personally, I don't have much faith in what he recommends. He's not a fraud, and he's clearly a Dr. but I've lost most, if not all, respect for his guidance. I personally think that he's done a terrible job advising both Presidents and I don't have any idea why President Trump kept him around so long. I'm no Dr. or expert but I think his policy advice was amazingly detrimental our health (both mental and physical) as well as our economy. Just my quick $0.02

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2021 11:20AM by Jake Morgan.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,721, Posts: 229,846, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 281, Posts: 2,507.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro