kristi noem March 23, 2021 09:40AM
she's been great but she caved to the ncaa today. women should not have to play against men at any age!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sign the bill into law and protect womens sports in high school and college!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: kristi noem March 23, 2021 05:02PM
I thought she was the best of the governors at not becoming a virus appointed dictator, but saw her on Carlson yesterday & she sounded like a typical babbling swamp dweller.

Re: kristi noem March 23, 2021 10:46PM
No she did not cave in
She is going to war with the NCAA by gathering support from the rest of the country to get rid this foolishness

Re: kristi noem March 23, 2021 11:43PM
I think Kristi Noem has been absolutely great this past year, but I think she's wrong on her handling of this issue. I don't have Fox News and I don't watch news shows but Tucker Carlson's interview with her was in our Youtube feed last night so my wife and I watched it right before bed. She didn't do well. I really like her but to me she came across as condescending and her position has a weak defense.

She says she's been studying this for years and talking to lawyers for months... yet two short weeks ago she tweeted out after the bill passed the state house and state senate that she was excited to sign it. She knew what was in the legislation then and she was excited. She then got pressure from the NCAA and some businesses/universities and all of a sudden now she has issues with the bill. Where were those issues two weeks ago? They weren't there! She was pressured and she gave in. Now she says she's willing to sign a bill that only covers k-12 girls sports and she's going to work to get a coalition against the NCAA before she signs a bill to protect girls at the college level. Personally I don't think the NCAA should have any impact on the laws that one state makes, but she's scared that the NCAA will not affiliate with colleges in South Dakota so she's letting them dictate the terms until she can get enough state to agree (and she probably never will). She says the law would get struck down in court, but why would it be any different for a law for k-12 and a law for college? She says it's a different issue when people are over 18. The issue doesn't magically change on someone's 18th birthday. What about an 18 year old senior that's still in high school, can a male that's over 18 compete against a girl? hat if she's 17 or 16? What if she's 18? Does it make any difference? I don't think it does.

She made a sudden about-face on this and it stinks of politics and it's not the leadership that she's shown the past year and a half. I still think she's done a great job this past year on COVID but I can't defend her weak stance on this issue.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,720, Posts: 229,840, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 281, Posts: 2,506.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro