Changes in conservative media June 09, 2021 01:24PM
With the passing of Rush Limbaugh, the question has been who would step in to fill his shoes. It seems it will take three men to do it - Dan Bongino, and the combined effort of Buck Sexton and Clay Travis...and they'll simply have to forge a path for themselves, they will never be able to take the steps Limbaugh did. Of the three, Clay Travis is the one I am most familiar with, literally listening to him from day one while he had a sports/SEC show on 104.5 the Zone in Nashville in the late 2000's. He's super thoughtful, intelligent and pretty fearless about his opinions, which are certainly more libertarian than conservative. He is a defender of the First Amendment which is why I like him immensely. What I've seen of Bongino I like fairly well; Sexton I have never listened to honestly. Time will tell on these guys.

Another guy, like Travis, and a former partner with Travis at Outkick,com for sports and general commentary is Jason Whitlock. Whitlock was born and raised in Indiana, a Ball State grad and a longtime sports columnist that has bounced around from ESPN to FOX Sports and other places. Whitlock just emerged from what seemingly was a sabbatical to write what I think is the lead to many more great columns and commentary at The Blaze website This introductory article from Whitlock on The Blaze is powerful; a man aware of his sins and aware thankfully of the power of Jesus. He has been a fantastic sports writer in the past and I am excited to see where this new path takes him.

I say all that to say this: who is the new leader in conservative media? Thoughts?

Re: Changes in conservative media June 09, 2021 02:08PM
I'm looking forward to Jason Whitlocks new show/podcast on BlazeTV, I've heard him interviewed a number of times and I think he's and interesting guy.

Of the three taking over for Rush, I've only ever listened to Buck Sexton. I used to listen to him everyday when my kids weren't in school yet (back when he did the noon show on Blaze Radio). I wasn't a huge fan of his at first but I kept listening and I grew to really like his show. I've heard some interviews with Dan Bongino and he seems like an interesting guy and straight shooter.

I don't know who will be the biggest name on conservative media but it's interesting to see people like Candice Owens, Ben Shapiro, Michael Knowles, Charlie Kirk, and Steven Crowder who are appealing to a much younger audience. I've got some friends who's teenage kids are introducing them to conservative podcasts through these younger personalities.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Changes in conservative media June 16, 2021 11:26PM
I kinda gave up on watching tv and the shop I work in gets no radio reception. So we have XM in the shop and it’s really just background noise for me. That said I do like Tomi Lahern easy to fallow her on social media and she gets straight to the point. Easy on the eyes too.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,628, Posts: 229,690, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 279, Posts: 2,500.

Our newest member JD_8520