NASCAR's new car February 25, 2022 03:04AM
I know there are still some NASCAR fans out there... what's your opinion of the new Next Gen cars?

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: NASCAR's new car February 25, 2022 03:13AM
Kind of to early to say
At first I didn’t like moving the numbers but I think I’ll get used to it
They definitely have a wheel problem and I believe there will be many more gremlins show up,seemed like there was a lot of cars going behind the wall that didn’t look bad ,maybe the rack and pinion or trans axle
Just glad that we still have racing!

Re: NASCAR's new car February 25, 2022 08:28AM
I'm a little surprised about the wheel issues. Seems like F1 and Indy have been running a single wheel nut forever. It seems like NASCAR would have just copied their spec and rules since it was a proven design. Maybe they did copy it but just struggled to get correct torque settings... however it seems like they changed the bore on the rim so I'm guessing NASCAR did their own thing. I'm no expert on either series, I just found it odd that it was such a big storyline this week for NASCAR.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: NASCAR's new car February 25, 2022 04:10PM
Haven’t watched in forever and didn’t even know they changed stuff, but with regard to the single nut, NASCAR has always been significantly heavier than the others, so that would affect the loading of the nut

Re: NASCAR's new car February 25, 2022 02:34PM
I havent watched nascar since the car of tommorrow was introduced.ive supported dirt late models anytime I can,very exciting touring circuits.

Re: NASCAR's new car February 26, 2022 02:16AM
I'm still curious to see how they preform/react on different types of tracks and with more track time too. It will probably May before I can form a pretty good opinion on them. Not crazy about the new number location/style but you can still make a car look good.

I think NASCAR is heading in the right direction with the schedule changes that they have made over the past couple of years and with the talks of what is to come. Additions of Nashville, Gateway, Bristol(Dirt), Martinsville(Night Race), COTA, and others have added variety to the schedule and more excitement.

Stages I'm OK with because I think it promotes better racing/competition throughout the race...I feel like the points system and playoffs both need to be reformed...I never liked the chase or playoffs from the start but it could work as a playoff if you do away with the cuts.

My proposed points breakdown...

Finish Points per race...

1-50(includes 10 points for winning "podium bonus")
2-42(includes 3 points for 2nd "podium bonus")
3-39(includes 1 point for 3rd "podium bonus")
4-37
5-36
6-35
7-34
8-33
9-32
10-31
11-30

and so on example 20th-21, 30th-11, and 40th-1

1 extra point for pole
1 extra point to lead a lap
1 extra point for most laps led in the race

Stage Points

2 extra points to be in the lead
1 extra point to be in 2nd-10th

Top 15 in points plus a wild card(highest finishing car that does not make the playoff field with points in the last race before the playoffs) make the playoffs
So 16 overall

Still kinda reset points to but have bonuses for being higher in points in the regular season.

1st starts the playoffs with 90 points
2-81
3-77
4-74
5-72
6-70
7-68
8-66
9-64
10-62
11-60
12-58
13-56
14-54
15-52
16(wildcard)-49

no eliminations or cuts

still run around the same amount of playoff races with every track being a different size, shape and type so the winner has to be good at all tracks and doesn't just come down to maybe them being really good on the track they race at last like they do now with the cuts/final 4.

patches...I've been pulled back into NASCAR because of the dirt drivers that are now in the series. Kyle Larson is easily the most talented driver out there and can win in anything he drives...but other dirt drivers like Bell, Briscoe, Stenhouse Jr, Reddick, Haley, Bowman, and others have shown that they are pretty darn good too. I love hitting dirt track races all over the place when I have time. I usually attend multiple races at Wayne County, Sharon, and Attica...and then hit other area tracks once or twice a year too along with a trip or two out of state for races(Volusia and Charlotte most of the times) or to Eldora every year.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,639, Posts: 229,705, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 279, Posts: 2,500.

Our newest member JD_8520