The Martyrdom of Trump August 11, 2022 05:32AM
I'll be very upfront that I'm not a fan of some of Donald Trumps antics before, during and after his Presidency. I DID vote for him, and I think he was extremely useful in the confirmation of the Constitutional Supreme Court Justices and conservative judges in multiple lower level courts. He presided over the tail end of a time of unprecedented growth in our economy until the COVID era.

Now, as Ron DeSantis and many others are posturing for a presidential run, the recent actions against Trump with the January 6th hearings and the current raid on Mar-A-Lago. what's the end game here?

Have the progressives:
1) diminished Trump's influence or
2) Evolved him into a more sympathetic figure, essentially making him a living martyr and gaining favor with conservatives and independents (like myself) because of the continual attacks?

Thoughts?

Re: The Martyrdom of Trump August 11, 2022 06:24AM
i think they are so set on not allowing Trump to run, all bets are off and any and all means to that end r on their plate. Personality wise i never thought much of him nor figured he cared about me, but i thought poicy wise for the most part we were aligned. There were some issues where i didn't agree and mailed a letter that i am certain went in file 13. Sometimes we as a person cut off our nose to spite the face and this is one where the democrats and rinos overplayed; especially if nothing untoward is found.

Re: The Martyrdom of Trump August 12, 2022 06:04AM
I voted for Trump but wasn't a fan of his personality. I'd call myself more a libertarian. I agree with most republican views but think overall most republicans are just as slimy and good for nothing as democrats.

Back to the Trump topic. I think the latest events actually make Trump a stronger candidate for 2024. Based on what he did the first time he was in office can you imagine how bold he will be if he had another chance? He'd have absolutely nothing to lose. Draining the swamp off all the political bs in this country is exactly what he would do. I could see him making actual large changes in this country, for the better.

If we're being honest no President in recent time has actually done anything to change this country. Most have maintained the status quo while making some small changes that have very little impact on most of our lives. Biden has certainly hurt all of our wallets and in a way far worse than most, but again overall he has not changed anything.
Trump did a lot of good in his first stint but didn't do anything life changing.

Given a second chance I think Trump would turn this country upside down in a good way. Paving the way for Desantis to be President after him.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,576, Posts: 229,605, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 279, Posts: 2,500.

Our newest member BadHabit2