Pullers other interests; A look at the Boxler Family May 02, 2023 03:42AM
I always find it interesting to find out about the other interests / hobbies/ business that puller have, While I have long known about the Boxler's Hidden Valley Adventure [ having taken my grandchildren ] I just found their maple syrup business and was once again impressed with their approach to business, always first class. This is not taking in to consideration of their main occupation of milking reveal thousand cows 24/7. There are videos of both the Maple business and Hidden Valley on youtube. I encourage other to post on the pullers "other lives".

Link to Boxler's Hidden Valley Adventure

Link to Boxler Maple Farm

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2023 03:50AM by Dick Morgan.

Yoder Popcorn May 05, 2023 05:22AM
Around two weeks ago, I visited Yoder Popcorn in Shipshewana, In. Really nice store with friendly people and Xtra Butter was setting there (without powerplant) on sales floor. Many different popcorns in different packaging available. Good stop if you are in the area.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2023 06:14AM by mh49.

Re: Yoder Popcorn May 09, 2023 05:02AM
The diner right beside the popcorn store has very good food also. We usually stop there for lunch when we are in Shipshewana.

Perfect North Slopes May 15, 2023 02:57PM
The place that pays our way, Perfect North Slopes. I hope the attachment worked.

S'no Farmer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/16/2023 08:47AM by Jake Morgan.

Re: Perfect North Slopes May 16, 2023 08:48AM
Todd,

How was your season this year?

Also how did you get into the ski slope business?

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Perfect North Slopes May 16, 2023 10:53AM
We had best early season (before Christmas) ever then an average mid-season...then things come to a pretty less than ideal end. Over all it was a very successful ski season.

As for how we got started, a local college student had done his senior thesis on what it would take to build a down hill ski facility in Southern Indiana. Paoli Peaks had opened a few years earlier. This student and a friend scouted our county to find the ideal location for a ski facility. They chose my in-laws beef cattle farm. They then got some investors lined up and approached my Father-in-Law to see if he would sell, lease or become an investor. He was interested but ultimately the investors backed out. He then asked if they cared if he and the family moved forward with project, they were OK with it and the rest as they say is history, not to mention a steep learning curve (pun intended) and lot of work.

S'no Farmer

Re: Perfect North Slopes May 31, 2023 03:37PM
This makes me want to ski Perfect north even more. I didn’t know a fellow puller had interest in it. I’m planning on getting my 4 year old on skis next season.

Rusty

Re: Perfect North Slopes June 02, 2023 02:28PM
Jake my old computer blew up in a ice storm if you can get me logged back in with my name i cant get it done ,Thanks

Re: Pullers other interests; A look at the Boxler Family July 20, 2023 01:02PM
As a young teen I watched Todd and Terry pull the economy tractors around the local fairs.
I took my kids there several years ago to the tubing area and go at least once a year. It is a nice place to spend a day. If you have an opportunity to go do it.
Now when I go I set by the fire and watch my kids go up and down. I expect to watch my granddaughter do that in the next few years.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,628, Posts: 229,690, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 279, Posts: 2,500.

Our newest member JD_8520