Canadian smoke June 28, 2023 02:36PM
Anyone having trouble with all the smoke? Definitely getting ridiculous, it’s effecting the crops and gardens here in Ohio, even noticed my solar fence charger slowing down.

Re: Canadian smoke June 30, 2023 01:29AM
Yeah, it has been at times intolerably bad. I'm in the far northern suburbs of Detroit and at times looking toward the light downtown from my house, about a half mile, it can't be seen. I can feel the tightness in my chest from it over the last 2 weeks. I guess in some way, I have a new appreciation for what folks in LA or other places on Earth deal with all the time, but I never remember anything remotely this bad here. I don't care to be a subject-matter expert on the Canadian fires, but it appears some were started on purpose. I hope they find them and prosecute them vigorously. I know it is tough for them to fight, too. Much of the wilderness up there is so remote, you literally can't even drive to it. Pray for rain up there and plenty of it.

CP

Re: Canadian smoke July 26, 2023 03:27AM
cpr
Yeah, it has been at times intolerably bad. I'm in the far northern suburbs of Detroit and at times looking toward the light downtown from my house, about a half mile, it can't be seen. I can feel the tightness in my chest from it over the last 2 weeks. I guess in some way, I have a new appreciation for what folks in LA or other places on Earth deal with all the time, but I never remember anything remotely this bad here. I don't care to be a subject-matter expert on the Canadian fires, but it appears some were started on purpose. I hope they find them and prosecute them vigorously. I know it is tough for them to fight, too. Much of the wilderness up there is so remote, you literally can't even drive to it. Pray for rain up there and plenty of it.

CP

My interpretation of what I read was that more fires were started to create a fire break area. That the big fire would hit it and have nothing left to burn and extinguish itself. Problem is the ones they lit got away from them too. Only making the problem worse.

Re: Canadian smoke July 27, 2023 01:03AM
Bad deal all around. The largest one still active up there is in Quebec. It's been going since June 1st and has burned up 2.1 million acres.

https://cwfis.cfs.nrcan.gc.ca/interactive-map

Re: Canadian smoke July 16, 2023 01:29PM
It got pretty thick here in Middle Tennessee today

Re: Canadian smoke July 16, 2023 02:30PM
Today it was the worst yet here in Ohio

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,678, Posts: 229,780, Members: 3,328.
This forum: Topics: 279, Posts: 2,500.

Our newest member Jason