The Top Two Pulls In the Country (originally Posted on 2-19-98)

Published October 28, 2008 04:54AM, by Jake MorganViewed: 3299 times

Originally Posted on 2-19-98

For those of you who have never attended the NFMS, (National Farm Machinery Show) in Louisville, I highly recommend it. It was my first time attending it this year, and it did not disappoint me in the least. It may have been the best Pull that I have ever attended, and unfortunately the most expensive, but it was worth every penny. I have been going to Bowling Green for the past three years, and up until the NFMS is was easily the best pull, but now it takes a runner-up spot to Louisville, and this is why:

The following is a list of “Pros” of each pull, next week will be the list of “Cons”:

Pros:

Louisville:

Indoors, so weather is never a factor, it can rain, snow, etc. and it doesn’t make on bite of difference, they will pull no matter what.
Light Superstocks, If your not a fan of this class then this point doesn’t matter, but the Light Super class at Louisville was one of the best classes I have ever seen. The tractor that impressed me the most in this class was “Lowrider” it’s really a Allis-Chalmers 180, but it has Agco-Allis sheet metal on it. For only 301 CID that was a really strong diesel, unfortunately it broke in the Pull Off.
The Pits, It’s nice to be able to go into a Hockey Arena and see a ton of tractors lined up tire to tire. You can see a lot in a short amount of time.
Superstocks, Louisville has more Superstocks than any Pull in the world. There were about 80 different Supers at the pull.
Track Crew, They only have enough room to run a single track, but it was none stop pulling action. The guys running the scrapers and tow-back tractors were great. Some pulls are really organized, but Louisville is the best. If your tractor breaks they don’t let you get off while it’s sitting on the track, they haul you off and let you fix it somewhere else, and the show must go on.
1,000,000 sq. ft. of Farm Machinery, when there is no pulling action there is still plenty to do. I walk through the show and didn’t take hardly anytime at one exhibit, and just barely saw the entire show.
It’s the middle of February and I was sitting in a warm arena watching pulling.
If you can’t get your tractor started they don’t wait for you, you get bumped and drop until you can start it.
Because it’s an invitational pull it is usually the best of the best. There are a few exceptions like Roger Simons TWD Trucks not being there, and no Unlimited Mods, but for the most part there is no junk.

Bowling Green:

Prostocks, Prostocks, Prostocks, If this is your class then this is your pull. Prostocks have become the most competitive class in pulling, and at Bowling Green 70 of them will show up, and the top 50 or 60 in the class will all be within 15 ft of each other.
Two Tracks, This place truly does have none stop pulling action. The blue shirts do a great job, and the pull always runs smooth. And like Louisville they don’t let you fix your tractor on the track.
Unlimited Mods, I like this class, and I really enjoy seeing these tractor run. For some reason I like to see how Bill Leishner is going to do against someone like Gardner Stone, and usually that little three-engined tractor does a pretty good job.
The Fans, I actually like the differences between the Wild Side, and the Conservative Side. I think it is funny to watch all the guys on the Conservative side pick up their binoculars when some drunken girl flashes everybody on the wild side.
The number of Pulling Entries is huge. They usually get over 200 trucks and tractors.

I am going to keep updating my pros of both pulls as I think of them, and I will write my cons of both pulls in a week or so. So keep checking back!

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Comments

Post A Comment

Website Statistics
Global: Topics: 39,307, Posts: 231,074, Members: 3,392.
This forum: Topics: 59, Posts: 59.

Our newest member mgdickey48