Proposed Rules: Next Year and Beyond (originally posted on October 1, 2002)

Published October 28, 2008 05:15AM, by Jake MorganViewed: 1917 times

(originally posted on October 1, 2002)

I’ve been holding on to a few new Opinion articles that I’ve written in the past months because I’ve felt that they were either too negative or the timing wasn’t just right to post them. So instead I’ve completely changed gears and I’m going to write about a topic that seems to be very relevant to this time of year: rule changes.

Most organizations, local and national, have their banquets coming up within the next few months and there will definitely be some debate in almost all the classes. So I’m going to throw out some ideas in the next few weeks to give some people some things to ponder.

There area as many opinions about rule changes as there are pullers and promoters. Every puller looks at rule changes with a slight bias. The bias is usually, but is not limited to, the class they pull in, and how a rule change is going to affect them personally. Their first thought, and rightfully so, is ‘how much money is this going to cost me’, then it turns to: ‘will this rule help me or hurt me’. My goal is to try and step back from my personal feelings about any given class and try to list some changes that I’d like to see take place in all the organizations in the future to help grow the sport. Some of the proposed rules may not be very popular but I’ll try and give justification to the best of my limited ability.

As always, this is my Opinion page and these are only my personal opinions. I’d be more than happy to entertain any logical, adult discussion to anything I’ve written. Direct any comment, suggestion or question to me on the Feedback page; this will give anyone an open forum to discuss his or her feelings or opinions.

I plan on reviewing each class on a case-by-case basis and take about a week between each class to give anyone a chance to voice their opinions. I haven’t decided what order I’ll put the classes in yet so we’ll just have to wait and see.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Comments

Post A Comment

Website Statistics
Global: Topics: 38,648, Posts: 229,717, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 59, Posts: 59.

Our newest member JD_8520