Bowling Green Modifieds August 21, 2011 05:18AM
Wow! Wish I could be there in Pulltown USA, but I'll just wait for the DVD's.

Noticed that the modified and unlimited tractor classes there was a ton of breakage. I can only assume that BG is bring what you got and leave it all on the track, but man, that's expensive.

Re: Bowling Green Modifieds August 21, 2011 12:20PM
When they change to the 'Big Pullleys' on the superchargers, it tends to reduce the life of the belts. Ya .. there was some breakage and used up motors even before they got to the unlimited class. Most of the motors aren't 'fresh' anymore. Never seen so many fans as Saturday night. Been going since 1969.

The tractor museum had some more entries this year. They're even 'restoring' old pulling tractors now to preserve history at BG!

John

Re: Bowling Green Modifieds August 21, 2011 12:51PM
How many fans would be interested in having the max ground speed given on pulls? Or at 200ft? I was amazed at the ground speed of the Pro Stocks saturday night at BG. They were sure moving the sled! I feel they had more ground speed than the unlimiteds.

With GPS technology we have today would you like to know speed as well as distance? It could be added to the sleds.

John

Re: Bowling Green Modifieds August 21, 2011 08:31PM
Ground speed would be pretty cool to know.

Re: Bowling Green Modifieds August 23, 2011 01:16AM
the sled could use gps or it could have a wheel on the back of the pan that measured ground speed. then it could display the max speed at the end of each run. they could put a display on the cab and it could reset when they put the sled in reverse so the sled operator wouldnt do extra work.

Re: Bowling Green Modifieds August 23, 2011 01:29AM
Ground speeds already being done especially in mph classes. Technology is there to transmit it either on a on-board mounted readout on the sled or to a scoreboard mounted unit. Would be interesting to see for sure at this level.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Re: Bowling Green Modifieds August 23, 2011 03:06AM
I know that Nearpass has it on his sleds and it gets announced every once in a while. We used to do the radar gun when we were doing the scoreboard at Wolverine events a few years ago. That was a crowd favorite. JW

Re: Bowling Green Modifieds August 23, 2011 03:52AM
they were using a radar at Norwalk, WI region 3 show the other weekend. I seen the twds were running around 33 MPH. Didn't see the other classes but it was very cool to know.

Re: Bowling Green Modifieds August 23, 2011 04:08AM
Id like to know how fast adam koester was going at saluda this year. He went 345 ft in 9 seconds

Re: Bowling Green Modifieds August 23, 2011 04:28AM
26.14 mph ?

Re: Bowling Green Modifieds August 23, 2011 04:59AM
That would be his average speed. Not top speed.

Jesse Post
JP Pulling Productions

JP
 FacebookJP Youtube

Re: Bowling Green Modifieds.... / ESP August 23, 2011 05:26AM
The past 2-3 years ESP has had a portible police radar machine at our Alexander steam show pull. That pull is this weekend so I will keep an eye on it, ( if it's there). But I know in previous years the mods were about 30 + mph. and the supers stocks and light supers also were in the high 20 mph's. It is a very cool thing to watch, cause it's something u don't get to see all the time.

Re: Bowling Green Modifieds.... / ESP August 23, 2011 07:44AM
A FEW YEARS AGO, VENEY WENT 45MPH AT MANSFIELD, OHIO OSTPA EVENT WITH THREE ENGINES

Re: Bowling Green Modifieds August 23, 2011 09:35AM
Yes you are totally right on that but theres no way to figure his top speed

Re: Bowling Green Modifieds August 23, 2011 11:47AM
Nqs pulls have large digital read out at end of track indoors. It shows actual speed during pull. Announcer can repeat top speed. Pullers got to watching it while going down track. Moved it so people could watch and pullers could see flagman instead. I'll admit if you have a good pass going it's hard not to look.

Re: Bowling Green Modifieds August 23, 2011 02:32PM
Bret Berg 33.1 GN mod

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,670, Posts: 229,762, Members: 3,327.
This forum: Topics: 37,076, Posts: 225,938.

Our newest member JD_8520