Different light class in Ohio? September 13, 2011 11:06AM
Would there be any interest in a light "pro farm" kind of class in Ohio?
My ideas would be: 6000# range, 410 CID, no decubing, 18.4x38 cut tires, p pump, 3x3 or 3x4 turbo, all saftey equipment, no rpm limit.I would really like to hear some other suggestions from people interested.

Re: Different light class in Ohio? September 13, 2011 12:46PM
where in ohio?

Re: Different light class in Ohio? September 13, 2011 12:56PM
I'm from North central area.

Re: Different light class in Ohio? September 14, 2011 12:55PM
Its a little heavier and a few more cubes, but there are several tractors in NW Ohio and NE Indiana running this set of rules. They put on a darn good show.

8,500lb. Pro Farm Tractors

Weight:

1. 8,500 lbs

Engines:
1. Maximum 510 cubic inch limit, 1% tolerance.
2. Water injection is allowed. No oxygen carriers or combustion accelerators allowed. Water only.
3. Turbos are limited to 3" inlet x 3.5” outlet, no waste gates. Intake wheel must protrude into the 3” bore.
4. No additional openings in compressor housing outside the 3" opening. MWE groove is allowed to be open.
5. Factory cast iron cylinder head and block, no deck plates.
6. Diesel fuel only, no additives or pressurized fuels, NTPA fuel guidelines 409.
7. Stock appearing manifolds, intake and exhaust.
8. The largest fuel injector pump allowed will be a Bosch P series pump with only one plunger per cylinder.
9. Engine block must remain in the original location as located by the manufacturer.

Hitches:
1. Hitch height is maximum of 20 inches.
2. Must be within 18 inches to 30 inches behind the center of the rear axle.
3. Must be ridged with no movement in all directions.
4. No more than 11/2 inch difference between hitch mounting point and hitching point.
5. Hook hole is required to be a minimum of 31/2 inches ID.

Tires & Wheels:
1. Maximum tire size 18.4/38.
2. Cut tires are allowed.
3. Front tires must track rear tires.

Safety:
1. Emergency air shut-off is mandatory (must be easily accessible to person hooking the chain).
2. If equipped with an electric fuel pump, tractor must have:
a. an electric kill switch wired to the emergency air-shut-off, or
b. a manual three-way dump valve ahead of the injection pump, to be operated by the driver.
3.Must have fire extinguisher that is within reach of the driver.
4. Must have working, individual rear brakes.
5. Must have wheelie-bars.
6. Must have clutch blanket or steel shield installed 270 degrees 3/8 inch thick, and 12 inches wide.
7. Seat belt required.
8. ROPS required. 3 bar roll cage manufactured from 2" OD x .120 wall highly recommended will be mandatory in 2012.
9. Must have a steel flywheel and clutch assembly.
10. Engine side shields are mandatory. Shields must be solid and minimum of .060” thick steel, or .120” thick aluminum.
11. Tie-bars securing front frame rails to rear axle housing are mandatory.
12. All drivers are required to wear helmets and jackets with SFI rating of 3-2a-1.
13. Must have 2 – 3/8” bolts in a cross pattern installed in exhaust pipe.

Appearance:
1. Tractor must be in stock appearance, hoods, grills, & fenders.
2. Must have stock appearing frame rails.
3. Stock bell housing, stock transmission housing, and stock final drive housing or manufacturer’s replacement. No component chassis.
4. Maximum wheel base is 114”.
5. Maximum length is 13’ from center of rear axle to forward-most part of tractor, including weights, not including front hitch.

Re: Different light class in Ohio? September 14, 2011 01:12PM
Diesel fuel only..........thats no fun

Noooooo!!!!! 8500 is not light weight! Smiling September 14, 2011 01:41PM
You said it yourself, it is bigger cubes and bigger weight! There are too many 4010 and 1066 Diesel classes in Ohio already. We need something that you can haul on a bumper hitch trailer and LLSS would pick up from where the NA class left off.

not for everyone September 14, 2011 01:49PM
The class is definately not for everyone.
Just thinking there are tractors already built that may support the class right off the bat with those rules.

We need something different September 15, 2011 01:25PM
Not trying to knock your class, it is actually a nice set of rules. HOWEVER, right now in Ohio if I want to pull a Diesel 1066 there are at least 12 different classes I could pull in. It is getting so bad that I bet there are separate classes for tractors that have 3-rib or 4-rib front tires! However, for true 'light' tractors, you have exactly two: Antique and NA. Even though I love the NA class, I think the time has come for a something with a turbo on it. As Jake said, ORVTPA rules just plain work, it has been proven over and over again. There is color, power, they are exciting to watch and I was told recently that they can actually be less expensive (notice I didn't say cheaper) to put together compared to a modern NA tractor. And why oh why would you start a new class that you would not be competitive or not legal in a neighboring state??? Come on COTPA, add LLSS in it's ORVTPA trim and lets go pulling!!! With those rules, you might get to see a 370 CID alcohol Kubota out there on the track. And I bet it would be competitive. Smiling

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2011 01:27PM by MH49.

Re: We need something different September 15, 2011 01:49PM
I have heard from several sources that a strong LLSS tractor will run about 60K to build. That being said with some of the pulls that ohio has you could see 15-20 Ky and Tennesse tractors up there right away. I think about 5-8 went to georgetown last yr. and they didn't even have a class to pull in. Brandenburg Ky had about 30 tractors and in my opinion it was the best Saturday class. IMOP

Re: not for everyone September 16, 2011 06:54AM
There are potentially 8 tractors in the North central Ohio area that with a little work would fit in the rules that I posted. LLSS is a neat class but there are no tractors around here, the ky, mi, ny guys aren't going to travel to this part of the state in the middle of the summer, and LLSS tractors will cost 60,000 to build.

Re: LLSS is for everyone September 18, 2011 11:19AM
I simply fail to see how a light limited could cost $60K to build. A few years ago I looked at this class long and hard and could not see how spending more than $40K would gain any advantage. There are lots of low budget combinations (including SEVERAL that have not been tried yet) that could be extremely competitive. Building a diesel does narrow what might work a little bit, but no one has even tried building a B Series Cummins. I think the diesel trucks have proven these engines are plenty capable of making power even if they are somewhat lower in cubes. If you prefer alcohol, Im not sure there is an engine that hasnt shown promise yet. Dibble's have a 4 cylinder that is very tough, Prewitt's 354 Perkins is running good and how many 460/560 tractors are in the mix everytime they hook using the C301? John Deere's are usually going to be more expensive to build because the factory parts just hold more value. Im sure if you look hard enough you can even find a deal on them too though. Putting on a chromoly chassis and the latest factory hood with show-car quality paint really doesnt help you get any further down the track. It looks nice and pleases the eyes, but at some point a light tractor needs to be about function before glam and glitter. Dont try to tell me about billet compressor wheels, transmissions, or tricked out fuel systems. This class doesnt justify them and most times the guys in front probably dont even have them. Most of the gears being used are all factory gears too. Most of the guys are swapping out gear sets to get the ratios they want. Its a drivers class and you just need power that is in the ballpark with everyone else. The turbo limits how far anyone can run away in the power department and the driving is just limited by you. If there is an area to spend money, its on tires. Look around at what the other guys are making work. If you've been paying attention at all it has ranged from Firestone ag tires to BF Goodrich's that havent been made in almost 30 years to any of the more recent Firestone pullers. Puller 2000's just didnt show an advantage so dont worry about having to drop a check on them.

This class was made up by accident for the most part, but is growing faster than any in the sport because the rules are fair to everyone. You need decent equipment, but cannot win on technology alone. I really can see this becoming the epitome of the sportsman level of pulling from coast to coast. There will always be a demand for the national level classes of pulling, but this truly is the most cost effective, competitive, exciting and fair platform we've seen so far for anyone else who cant spend that kind of money on this hobby. I would like to see this class start to form in Ohio too. There is plenty of demand for a lower circuit to run on now that OSTPA is basically only running national level classes. There are people that can afford to play at that level and for everyone else a class like LLSS makes more sense. I hope this class continues to grow into new areas and new tractors continue to be built. At some point I would also like to see something along the lines of the Enderle Pulloff develop so that we can have a few events every year where the best from each region can slug it out for a much bigger purse. If it were up to me, I would prefer that it doesnt go along with any of the traditional large events. Its a new class, lets start a tradition somewhere new too.

Was that $60K number including paying someone to adjust the heighth of your drawbar??

Re: LLSS is for everyone September 19, 2011 08:40AM
You need a new battery for your calculater !!!!!!!!!!!! $40 K don't build sh#t in the pulling world !!! Tires, rims, turbo, fuel sysem, engine parts, hubs, brakes, roll cage, sheet metal, Labor, ect. ect... Yea you can build a $40K tractor and get your A$$ hand to you and get 3rd and 4th place. Not tring to start any thing but i have built enough tractors to know. You might pull it off if you were to use alot of used parts and all the labor is donated to you !

Re: LLSS is for everyone September 19, 2011 11:38AM
How much you think the top LLSS got in their tractors?? Couldn't be that much more......60k???

Re: LLSS is for everyone September 19, 2011 11:54AM
I heard there was a new one just out that hasn't been painted and the rumor is he got around 70K in it.

Re: LLSS is for everyone September 19, 2011 02:41PM
i have a llss in ky im 3rd in point now 3rd last year had 1200.00 in it until ive just bougt new tires and another 50.00doller turbo from the junk yard for a spare i have a great time my tractor is low budjet im lower budjet some times i can run with the best if i can do it anybodycan i adjust my own hitch i dont have a 3000.004$ hood 3500.00$ $ wheels 1000.00$ paint job or a 5000.00$ turbo or a 2000.00 $ computer i just saved someone 14500.00$ if you won 1st every time for the next 5years you couldnt win that back so who is the real winner

Re: LLSS is for everyone September 20, 2011 01:25AM
I pull in LLSS in Ky. Yes you can spend 60k + or you can spend as much or little as you want and still have a lot of fun in this class. Just because you spend 60-1000k doesn't mean your going to win any,much less all the pulls. Much more important to have everything working together in this class. I built my tractor mostly myself and had about 30,000 in it when I started . I had used aluminum wheels new tires ,used charger. I have since upgraded as I could afford. Best thing is to buy a tractor already going down the track.

Re: LLSS is for everyone September 23, 2011 02:20PM
LLSS puller is correct you can build any level you can afford, the rules allow for you to be competitve.And the LPF class we have below (see WNYPFP light pro-farm)also will help the LLSS grow, a few LLSS from NY would surely travel to NE ohio for a few hooks, we also have allowed one of your classic supers to hook with us and it works too. We run @6700#.Lots of options here for lots of color and tractors.

Re: LLSS is for everyone September 25, 2011 06:25AM
Im not gonna argue with you about what you think anything costs.

You just had a few competitors write in and personally explain how they are keeping their costs down. This is a class for the guy who is ingenious enough to work on his own stuff. Its always possible for someone to drop alot of cash and be close to the top, but at the end of the day its gonna be about tuning, maintenance, setting up the vehicle and driving. Fewer parts means fewer things that need to be maintained. Factory gears mean that you can salvage out tractors on your own for parts or find the parts in a salvage yard. Im sure you can pay someone alot of money for aftermarket gear sets, but why? Some of the top tractors that could be considered capable of dominating are not even running crank case girdles. Several engines that are legal for this class came from the factory with crankshafts that were nearly counter-balanced and dont need this expensive modification either.

If you'd like to be hard-headed, keep telling yourself it takes $60K to compete. Im sure somebody a little more open to what they could make work would be glad to demonstrate what a $25K tractor can do. Also, if you're worried about taking 3rd or 4th in this class, you're jaded. To do that well in a class that has as many as 30 tractors show up and not be happy, you're just not understanding the whole objective. If you're able to look back at where this sport started, it was a bunch of guys who were trying to out-think each other. They really didnt know how things were gonna work out, but they tried new things to see if they could make them work. I definitely see this spirit being re-energized into the sport thru this class. Its not about who can write the biggest check or produce the most boost. Its about the guy who tries things to figure something out, works within his budget and gets the most from whatever combination he wants to work with. There is not a, "go to shop", like Riverside, Hypermax, Max Simpson or Brent Long have become in other classes. I think thats where the drastic difference in this class comes from. Most of the guys are all working on their own stuff and getting similar results. Complain about that if you will, but I personally appreciate the competitors taking on the challenges that they do. The competition on the track speaks for itself.

LLSS!!! September 13, 2011 10:13PM
It sounds good but please consider LLSS with Ohio River Valley Rules!!!! No need to create a new class when there is a well established, similar class next door. Good color, simple and fair rules and they got to be fun to drive. Besides ORVTPA, you have KTPA, a group in New York, I believe a group in Michigan and many more that are already offering this class as well as many of the new big indoor winter shows.

Ohio already has enough classes that limit us to our borders. LLSS Super would give us an established class that would allow interstate competition and be very close to what you already layed out.

Re: LLSS!!! September 13, 2011 11:27PM
i think you hit that on the head. why are people always trying to start a new class with just a little twist in rules to help themselves or a very small group when there is already a boat load of classes to jump in to.

Re: LLSS!!! September 13, 2011 11:44PM
I think ohio would really like the llss class. With all of them in ky and the class growing in MI TN and moving into souther IN, the ORVTPA LLSS rules would be the way to go. Great color and is a really good class. Please if the class is added keep the rules. That way we can come up and play!

Re: LLSS!!! September 14, 2011 03:18AM
whats the rules? what motor would be best?

Cliff notes version of rules September 14, 2011 10:42AM
Here are the basics:

CID: 470 Diesel; 370 Alcohol; 315 Diesel with twins
1 Turbo 3" inlet
OEM head (Diesel head can be converted to plugs)
Any manifold
Safety Items
30.5 tires

As far as engines, that is the great thing about LLSS, pretty much anything can be made competitive. I went to Lanesville, In. last weekend and off the top of my head there were 5.9 Cummins; Fords (both Diesel and alcohol); John Deere; IH (both Diesel and alcohol); a true Case; MM; MF/Perkins; and of course Dibble's M!!!! What more could you ask for???

Again, great set of rules, all brands competitive and can be built using simple hand tools found around the home! Spinning

Re: LLSS!!! September 14, 2011 03:31AM
I agree. I know quite a few of us would get into that ORVTPA LLSS class if it were in Ohio. IMHO, Ohio seems to have a host of smoker classes as it is.

Re: Different light class in Ohio? September 14, 2011 01:41PM
410 CID no decubing. Good.

Turbo.
S475 Borg Warner charger. Reliable. Reasonably priced, lots of performance upgrades, Very readily available from many many sources. They offer a 76mm 3" wheel, it's somewhat oddball, and more money. stick with the 75mm 2.950 wheel, way more common and available. Specify 75mm protrusion wheel so we don't have 91mm wheels in 75mm covers. They have map grooves, it's okay to utilize turbocharger tecnology developed this century.
Allow a T6 foot. They're cheaper, more common, allow for a bigger turbine wheel, lower drive pressure's, lower egt's and have lots of a/r's available.
Allow wategates. Nothing voodo about them. Helps keep from overspeeding chargers.

Allow engines and chassis to loosely follow manufacturing families. Can I put a 404 in my Oliver, no. can I put one in a 1020, sure why not. Pretty much anything other than Deere should be able to run a 5.9.

Stick with 18.4X38 farm tractor type tires. The supply of used ones is not endless, but it's better than the supply of used 24.5's or 30's. If you allow big tires you're probably gonna have to have a set of puller 2000's/HP's to be somebody.

On second thought, I'm not sure about 410 CID. Why not 370? About the only thing in between the 360-410 gap in a Deere 404, they also have a 359, and a Ford 401. I'm not sure what that leaves Ford with around 370, but I'm thinkin there is a 5.9 Iveco that could loosely be qualified to be put under blue sheetmetal, Let IH run their DT360.

Diesel fuel only is plenty of fun.

Re: Different light class in Ohio? September 14, 2011 01:43PM
build the ford for our class jason 8500 profarm

What he said! September 14, 2011 01:53PM
It would be great to have a blue one in the class!Thumbs Up

Re: LLSS! September 14, 2011 02:18PM
I’m in agreement with MH49 about the Light Limited Super Stock class. It’s got the most variety of ANY class in pulling. There’s great potential for the smokers and there’s a great mix with the little alky burners. Every single color and both fuels can be built to be competitive. It’s light enough and powerful enough to put on an absolutely great show.

The LLSS is a growing class and the ORVTPA rules are slowly working their way into other states, it’s just a matter of time until this class is represented in most of the pulling regions in the US.

The original topic was for a light class, and I can’t think of a better light class than the LLSS. Honestly, If I had the money the LLSS is the class I’d build for, I just think it’s that good of a class.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: LLSS! September 15, 2011 02:44AM
I AGREE WITH JAKE. OHIO WOULD BE THE ULTIMATE PLACE TO START A LLSS CLASS. YOU COULD DRAW TRACTORS FROM THE SOUTH (KENTUCKY,TENNESSEE) THE NORTH (MICHIGAN, WISCONSIN) AND THERE IS MORE COLOR BY FAR THAN ANY OTHER CLASS PERIOD. JOHN DEERE, INTERNATIONAL, WHITE, MINNEAPOLIS MOLINE, MASSEY FERGUSON, FORD, COCKSHUTT, OLIVER, ALLIS CHALMERS, CASE.
THESE TRACTORS ARE MAKING 1,000 PLUS HORSEPOWER AND PUT ON A HECK OF A SHOW.

Re: Different light class in Ohio? September 15, 2011 02:55AM
Why no decubing?

Re: Different light class in Ohio?...no decubing September 15, 2011 04:42AM
No decubing is the " no a$$ kicking,awe inspiring,championship winning 400 series IH allowed " rule.
Nevermind that Agco made 40 series Detroit equipped tractors, which gives you the DT 408 engine.
DT 408 is new 466 crank in small(old 466) bore block. 4.3 bore,4.68 stroke. The money you "save"
by not allowing decubing is spent,and then some,by porting small displacement engine cylinder heads to make competitive power. Deere can run 55 series head, Ford can run Genesis,even Case engines aren't choked off
as bad with 504 heads on smaller engine..but don't even bother thinking about THAT International 400 series.

Re: Different light class in Ohio?...no decubing September 15, 2011 06:09AM
Good luck with that 55 series Deere head on a 404, hope you like bent valves, 'cause they wont clear the sleeves on a small bore motor!!

FYI IH Guy, Deere has a 414 too (that would make a 404 look sick!!), so save the decubing cry fest.

Re: Different light class in Ohio?...no decubing September 15, 2011 07:01AM
Yes, because a IH is the ONLY maufacturer that has any potential to decube.

Apparently we need to add chlorine to the gene pool.

LLSS ? September 15, 2011 07:06AM
How many rpm is allowed or is it open and if so what's the norm ?

Re: LLSS ? and decubing September 15, 2011 09:16AM
ORVTPA allows unlimited RPM, and they also allow decubing. Dibble's 4-cylinder M runs every bit as strong as a decubed 474 Ford truck motor. The 3x4 charger is the limiting factor and the huge valves and big bore don't seem to play that big of a role. If anyone hasn't seen this class, Dibble's "little" M run, Sipe's 5.9 run, or any of the other impressive "little" tractors in that class, I highly recommend catching one of their events, or heading out to Gordyville this winter. The Badger State guys are all legal in ORVTPA now that they allow twin chargers, and those guys can run with the best of them. ORVTPA has the best rules hands down, there's no need to change them, no needs to reinvent the wheel, just adopt their rules word for word and you'll have a great class in a very short amount of time. They put on one heck of a show.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Different light class in Ohio?...no decubing cont'd September 15, 2011 09:33AM
No,IH isn't the only manufacturer with potential to decube. Agco/AC tractors can't run either of their larger engines(426/40 series). No MM Gvi,705,G1000 tractors make the cut. Yes,I know it would take spark plugs for
big MM's to run.
With 315 diesel twin charger,370 alcohol and 410 diesel single charger rules you can build a Deere for each
of those configurations legally. Ford has a 401,as does Case. A "no decube" rule limits color. If engine hp
needs to be restricted,use the turbocharger and pump rules,not original engine displacement. Participation
keeps sanctioning bodies alive, why chase away one of the most common pulling tractors ever ?

Re: Different light class in Ohio?...no decubing cont'd September 16, 2011 06:04AM
The ORV LLSS rules would be great in OHIO! BUT please dont mess with the rules! THEY WORK!! and the more you mess with them the less tractors you get. There are prob 50 llss in ky tn in and mi that all meet that same rules and its not even a nation class...by the looks of the numbers no changes need to be made! But i would love to see the class go in OH! i would say in a couple years there would be a a lot of them going around!

Re: Different light class in Ohio?...no decubing September 16, 2011 11:39AM
i think the Badger State rules are better,3x4 410ci limit, no decubing, and a DT360 at 410 ci is just as good if not better, and will out run a decubed 400 series anyways, what will ruin the class is the cummins conversions. the wny pro farm guys have a very strong class and would be a good model. at any event there is a chance a 315 ci twin charged cockshutt or allis will be on top or a 360 ci spark plug tractor or the 410 diesels its a great show, better bang for the buck.

Re: Different light class in Ohio?...no decubing September 16, 2011 11:55AM
not sure i understand about the cummins?

Re: Different light class in Ohio?...no decubing September 17, 2011 03:53AM
IF you won't a good class keep the rules the same .

6000 Light Pro Farm diesel class September 17, 2011 08:02AM
I would like to see a Light Pro Farm class where i can pull at local fairs, don't have to be sanctioned. Weight 6000, Tires 18.4 x 38, Cubic in. 380, Ford could use 401 block but decubed, MM use 425 crankcase with smaller cylinder jugs, Stock cylinder head, diesel only, P-pump, Turbo 3.125 x 4 ??? something inexspentive. Tired of spending $40K to $100K to go pulling and having to put $ 4 fuel in a semi tractor to get me there !!!!!!!!! Just want a decent ride and have fun !!!!! There is already 4 to 5 of these tractor in north central ohio that i know of and maybe more.

Re: 6000 Light Pro Farm diesel class September 18, 2011 08:06AM
Why does everything have to be diesel only? Build somthing for an existing class!!!! You can pull a diesel tractor a hundred different places, why does every new proposal start by outlawing gas? Tractors came from the factory on gas why cant I build one?

Re: 6000 Light Pro Farm diesel class September 18, 2011 08:48AM
agree totally..same as not letting factory parts to compete..you can use anything that can be hidden but dont use a factory fuel

Re: 6000 Light Pro Farm diesel class September 19, 2011 08:28AM
Natural aspirated gasoline won't keep up with Turbo diesel, hard to turbo a gasoline engine with large amounts of boost and then you will want to run alcohol with the same cu. in. limit. You already have two light class, LLSS and LSS. There is no 6000#-6500# Diesel class !!!

Re: 6000 Light Pro Farm diesel class September 19, 2011 01:33AM
One problem with the MM425. It already runs the smallest bore jugs that will work on that crankcase.

Re: 6000 Light Pro Farm diesel class September 23, 2011 02:08PM
We (WNYPFP)run a 6700 # class 410 cid 2.5 turbo intake no coolers 18x38s ant cut 3200rpm A-pumps. great class got a couple dt360s making 5-600 hp . great class becuase you can move upto LLSS someday if you wish.These tractors really perform.

Re: Different light class in Ohio?...no decubing September 18, 2011 02:20AM
i think some guys dont like cummins

Re: Different light class in Ohio?...no decubing September 19, 2011 08:10AM
CORNDOG: Couldn't you sleeve the 283/425 jugs??

Re: Different light class in Ohio?...no decubing September 20, 2011 08:03AM
You could sleeve them down, but then you would shroud the valves. The Lanova system diesels aren't the best for turbocharging either. Much more than 8-10 psi then your cracking heads. Been there, done that on just a field tractor.

Re: Different light class in Ohio?...no decubing September 20, 2011 08:13AM
Well; I have a M5 diesel w/a 336 that I have been running 3LM turbocharged at 30+ booste for 27 years and it's a beast. It can whoop up on most good running stock 4020's any day of the week. It's ALWAYS has a target on it's sideshields at local county fair pulls. Previous to this one, I had another M5 diesel stripped down for pulling and it was pretty much the same way. Maybe I've just been lucky.

Any further discussion? December 17, 2011 09:40AM
Any update on this?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/17/2011 09:41AM by MH49.

Re: Any further discussion? December 17, 2011 02:54PM
i have been wondering the same thing...

Re: Any further discussion? December 18, 2011 05:48PM
Firefarm,you say you are from north central Ohio,so am I.Call me,I would like to talk more about this.(419)210-4399

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,697, Posts: 229,806, Members: 3,329.
This forum: Topics: 37,081, Posts: 225,960.

Our newest member CBeard