NTPA Meeting September 18, 2011 11:16AM
What's the news from the NTPA meeting? Were there any changes made? What are the 2012 rules? Bouncing

Re: NTPA Meeting September 18, 2011 11:38PM
looks like a 6000 lb unlimited,'bout time,and oughta grow like a wildfire too...

Re: NTPA Meeting September 19, 2011 01:30AM
Posted on ntpapull.com, Tech page, rules updates.

My problem with the rules September 19, 2011 07:07AM
I flat don't understand the no turbine rule.
If they are worried someone will put several on and dominate, well, tough. An unlimited should be "run what you brung had hope you brung enough".

I believe 2 t-64s wouldn't necessarily dominate anyway. It's one thing to have a lot of horsepower. It's another thing entirely to get it hooked to the track and keep it going straight.

Just one fans 2 cents worth.

Re: My problem with the rules September 19, 2011 07:39AM
why dont the ntpa use the european engine limits for their 5500lb class? its a fantastic class with tons of variety.

agree with michael September 20, 2011 12:38AM
on every point you made

Re: agree with michael September 20, 2011 02:00PM
another outlaw deal. They must have a good ole boys club and dont want anyone else in it. This is bad for the sport to call it an unlimited class when it actually has a limit. The fans like this class because they can see that nothing is left in the trailer, got it all on the line and u never know what u will see! Put limits on this class and u might think the fans wont know but u should relise that they are smarter than u think and the crowd they draw will shrink because this is the class thats lets it all hang out!

Re: My problem with the rules September 21, 2011 02:40AM
First off I am a fan of the turbine engine. I like watching all types of pulling. I am not sure but a while back there was a concern about the safty of the turbine engine. Some were saying that they cant shut them down as fast as a piston engine. Maybe that was there thinking. Just a thought.

Re: My problem with the rules September 21, 2011 11:05AM
Is the new 4.1 turbo rule for the 8500 Light Prostock class or is this for a new class?

nope September 21, 2011 12:35PM
My understanding is the new 4.1 turbo rule is not for the Light Pro Stock class.

Rather, it's for their Limited Pro Stock class, which has been on the books for a few years, but is rarely, if ever, run.

Re: nope September 25, 2011 12:11PM
Will the rules be the same and PPL's rules

from the NTPA Tech page September 25, 2011 02:22PM
Limited Pro Stock:
1. Replace the current turbo limit with 4.1 inlet smooth bore housing
(No map ring) with no exhaust restriction.

2. Limited Pro St tractors are allowed to compete, under their own
division rules and regulations (excluding weight) in the heavy Pro St
and the Super Stock classes at the Regional level only.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,697, Posts: 229,805, Members: 3,329.
This forum: Topics: 37,081, Posts: 225,959.

Our newest member CBeard