Lucas Oil Pro Pulling on CBS September 22, 2011 11:33AM
The 2011 Lucas Oil Pro Pulling League Finals event of the season was held at Lucas Oil Speedway in Wheatland, MO where Stan Shelton from New London, NC clinched the 2011 National title with the Culp Lumber sponsored "Shel-Shocked" Super Modified Multi-Engine Tractor. The event was filmed for Prime time viewing on CBS and has been confirmed it will air on Saturday Oct 8th @ 2pm Eastern Standard Time.

Set your DVR's as Lucas Oil brings Pro Pulling to a prime time audience on CBS.

Promo video link below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oj8PJU7cs2Q&feature=BFa&list=PL1A14B0E5EA7666F2&lf=player_embedded

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Thumbs UpLucas Oil Pro Pulling on CBS October 04, 2011 11:33AM
I plan on watching the Lucas Oil PPL Oct 8th season finale from Wheatland, MO on CBS at 2pm. What a great class of mods, with Stan Shelton winning the championship. After watching the “youtube” video you come away with a real sense of horsepower and speed. Looks like a great show and a wonderful promotional vehicle for the sport. With the Lucas Oil name behind shows of this caliber it’s a win-win for everyone connected with the sport of truck and tractor pulling. I would encourage everyone to tell friends and family about the show. I realize that 2pm on a Saturday may be a difficult time to sit down, however taping the show for viewing later in the evening is always a possibility.

Re: Thumbs UpLucas Oil Pro Pulling on CBS October 05, 2011 05:59AM
Time to set the DVR, looking forward to seeing the show...

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Re: Thumbs UpLucas Oil Pro Pulling on CBS October 05, 2011 12:47PM
look like pulling has hit the big time. I like the NTPA streaming but this looks like it will be a real good show and maybe it will help to show people how good pulling can be. no other motor sort has this much horse power.

Re: Thumbs UpLucas Oil Pro Pulling on CBS October 05, 2011 01:33PM
Is this the same program as the one on Versus? If it is its awesome.

Re: Thumbs UpLucas Oil Pro Pulling on CBS October 05, 2011 02:03PM
What CBS affiliate is carrying the show,and what is the name of it.

Re: Thumbs UpLucas Oil Pro Pulling on CBS October 06, 2011 12:09AM
Check your local listings for Saturday Oct 8th at 2pm. Should be listed as "Pro Pulling League".

You can use the following link to view your local program guide based on zip code: Just click on location, enter your zip, select your local provider (Direct tv, cable, etc), select Sat Oct 8, and then scroll over to 2pm for est or earlier for other time zones. Link provided is for the Columbus, OH area.

[www.locatetv.com]

Re: Thumbs UpLucas Oil Pro Pulling on CBS October 06, 2011 12:46PM
Saturday afternoon is a pretty big deal...right up there with college football....I hope there rebroadcast it some time later in the winter

Re: Thumbs UpLucas Oil Pro Pulling on CBS October 06, 2011 02:37PM
I think Forrest Lucas deserves a big THANK YOU for his involvement in our sport and we all hope to see things like the show on Saturday really promote us as pullers, no matter what organization we run for we can show the world we are true Professionals in what we do! Thank You So Much Forrest and Charlotte!!!

Re: Thumbs UpLucas Oil Pro Pulling on CBS October 06, 2011 02:39PM
I'll second that Marty!

J R
Eastern Extreme Pulling
www.easternextremepulling.com
EEPPULLINGVIDEOS

Pro Pulling Magazine
Hook Magazine

Re: Thumbs UpLucas Oil Pro Pulling on CBS October 07, 2011 02:44AM
bout time pullin was.on a major network. Ill be watchin live dont have no dvr college football gonna have to wait

Re: Thumbs UpLucas Oil Pro Pulling on CBS October 07, 2011 03:16AM
Bout time? Pro Pulling League was on CBS last year. On a Saturday afternoon in Sept. or Oct. Hopefully they can do more shows in the future.

Re: Thumbs UpLucas Oil Pro Pulling on CBS October 07, 2011 03:07PM
That is great to see. My company...Polar Air Compressor is working out a deal with PPL as a Grand National Sponsor for next year. I will be watching this pull tommorow as well. Matt Cain

Polar Air October 08, 2011 08:38AM
Polar Air, are you not going to sponsor NTPA next year or doing both?

Re: Polar Air October 08, 2011 12:42PM
I am not sure? NTPA are great people...! Just looking at the best ROI?

Thanks
Matt

Re: Polar Air October 08, 2011 11:49PM
Matt your best ROI is NTPA by far. Go ask Dixie Chopper.

Re: Polar Air October 09, 2011 05:07AM
You don't know what really happened with that deal. More like the new CEO of Dixie Chopper is from Vermont. Where a past NTPA puller lives. A little behind the back deal happened.

Re: Polar Air October 08, 2011 04:41PM
I liked that they had a lot of different onboard tractor/sled cameras, and the female doing commentary really seemed to know what she was talking about. I found it especially interesting how they determined that the one tractor's kill switch was partway pulled and were able to tell by the sled cam that the force of the dirt flying contributed to it.

Re: Thumbs UpLucas Oil Pro Pulling on CBS October 09, 2011 02:12AM
The only bad thing about ppl is that they only push a couple their big sponsored classes really hard. Truck and modifieds are about all you will probably see the most of.

Streaming of State Association Pulls October 10, 2011 09:53AM
re: NTPA Streaming.

My Company has thought about bidding out to various active State Associations the concept of Streaming their package of seasonal pulls. .....a similar concept to the NTPA Stream.

What are the "goods" and "bads" to what has been seen or not seen now with the NTPA pulls?

Do you feel that seeing the State Pulls would be of benefit to folks?

Also, what would you be willing to pay for a subscription for all the pulls in a particular State?

Thanks.

Re: Lucas Oil Pro Pulling on CBS October 08, 2011 06:09AM
Not on CBS Sports here! All College Football!

J R
Eastern Extreme Pulling
www.easternextremepulling.com
EEPPULLINGVIDEOS

Pro Pulling Magazine
Hook Magazine

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2011 06:41AM by J R.

Re: Lucas Oil Pro Pulling on CBS October 08, 2011 07:09AM
I watched it.... Good show.. Glad to see it back on prime time. Now just need more of it and mix it up with different classes..

Re: Lucas Oil Pro Pulling on CBS October 08, 2011 07:19AM
No DVR and was super busy today and almost forgot. I didn't think about when Jake posted it was at 2pm that was eastern time lol! So we caught the last 20 mins of it, and from what I saw they did a nice job. Congrats to the points champions and to Lucas Oil and we can't wait to see more pulling on primetime. I especially liked when they had what looked like a shot from the sled while one of the mods was backing up to hook and then tightened the chain. We enjoyed it!

Re: Lucas Oil Pro Pulling on CBS October 08, 2011 10:19AM
I dvr'ed it and it was pretty good, but I would love to see pro stock and unlimited tractors.

Re: Lucas Oil Pro Pulling on CBS October 09, 2011 04:21AM
I'll second that. Enough with the mods and 2WD classes. Show the classes that actually look like tractors and let the smoke fly.

Re: Lucas Oil Pro Pulling on CBS October 09, 2011 04:51AM
two things on that particular notion, it has been a long time since pulling has been on non paid tv, sometime in the 70's from Bowling Green on abc's wide world of sports, I think, so enjoy the heck out of this. Since it is being broadcast to a mostly non pulling crowd what would be most impressive and that to my chagrin has to be the mods. As a tractor fellow, I would rather watch the pros and super stocks but I understand the need to promote sponsors and to try draw a larger fan base.

Re: Lucas Oil Pro Pulling on CBS October 10, 2011 04:33AM
Except for some of the sled and onboard shots, why was this show any better than any of the RFD productions? They did cover some of the "mechanics", but the RFD shows do that also, just not all at once. Good show, but basically no different than I can get each week in evening "prime time" and old George-- they have tractors!! JW

Re: Lucas Oil Pro Pulling on CBS October 10, 2011 04:41AM
Really? I seen a lot more unique shots and more angles than they have on RFD. I personally think the RFD show is a little boring. No excitement on what is happening on the track. I bet more people watched the CBS show then the whole year on RFD.

Re: Lucas Oil Pro Pulling on CBS October 10, 2011 05:56AM
I agree about the production, there isn't a large variety of ways to show tractor pulling. As for the weekly primetime, where did I say anything about that, I love the ntpa show, all I was talking about was the exposure to a different demographic of people. RFD has a bunch of good programming but that is tractor pullings core demographic and probably always will. My comments were solely about the non paid channel exposure, when the ntpa has their next show on NBC I will brag about that one. The ABC promo last year on GMA was a very positive exposure and i bragged on it and enjoyed the heck out of that particular episode. For the record it is ol George but give it a few more years and old George will be more appropriate.

Re: Lucas Oil Pro Pulling on CBS October 11, 2011 01:19AM
OL George--The string wasn't aimed at you, only the tractor part! and just a poke in friendly way. Sorry. JW

Re: Lucas Oil Pro Pulling on CBS October 11, 2011 04:40AM
Just making sure

Re: Lucas Oil Pro Pulling on CBS October 12, 2011 10:50AM
The overall production was much better than NTPA's. Better picture, and equally as good commentating as Randall & Corzine. In fact, I felt PPL commentators did a better job explaining the "basics" of pulling...not everyone watching understands the sport, and they did a nice job educating those who don't. I enjoyed all of the different camera angles too...an opportunity to feel like you're in the driver's seat. And I enjoyed the interviews and profiles. Now granted, they had more time for stuff like that with an hour to work with, but all in all, I think they're really on to something and hope there's more opportunity.

Re: Lucas Oil Pro Pulling on CBS October 12, 2011 05:23PM
EP hit it on the head. I'll add that the commentators were better than Randall & Corzine. The PPL comentators may or may not be as knowledgeable on pulling as the RFD crew, but they're better speakers, so the delivery was better. I would also like to see what an hour-long RFD show would look like.

Re: Lucas Oil Pro Pulling on CBS October 13, 2011 01:14AM
NTPA had a survey on there website a few months back asking for opinions on the RFD television show. The questions included length of show options, what they would like to see different such as more behind the scenes, more than one class per episode, and a few other questions. I assume they are evaluting this feedback and there will be possible changes to the 2012 season coverage. I personally would like to see an hour show with more behind the scenes. It gets the viewer to be more involved in the action and possibly becoming fans and routing for specific competitors. I think the explaining of pulling was great for the CBS show for a one time or first time viewer but explaining what pulling is in every episode if they had weekly coverage would get repetitive and boring. I did enjoy the graphics for distance, camera angles, and on track comentary (track official).

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,639, Posts: 229,705, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,903.

Our newest member JD_8520