hydrolic loss problem October 19, 2011 11:32AM
i have a 4010 john deere that i pull and i lose my steering and brakes when i take off and the only way they come back is to shut the tractor off and start it back up. any solutions to this problem would be a help

Re: hydrolic loss problem October 19, 2011 02:48PM
check the sump screen

Re: hydrolic loss problem October 23, 2011 12:20PM
if its the screen tube on bottom below filter i cleaned it

Re: hydrolic loss problem October 23, 2011 01:08PM
u still running factory front end? if so there is a screen on top of the front pump. i used a cutting tourch to cut a hole in the cover-frame that the front pump bolts to and remove the hex plug (1 1/8 socket i beleive, been a few years since i cleaned mine!! lol) with a screen under it and clean it. it will have metal from the brakes in it. that part of pump does not pull filtered oil from main filter system and it is used for steering and brakes only. . u can see hex plug from drivers side by radiator and fuel tank but u cant get to it and remove it unless u take front pump out or u cut a hole on top of the plate!! there is 2 hex plugs there but only one will have a screen and i beleive if i remember rite it is the more on top?
hope this will helps, it did in my 4010

dirk

Re: hydrolic loss problem October 23, 2011 01:36PM
your supply pump stops turning when you push your clutch in,if your acculumlater is gone maybe your losing to much pressure.

Re: hydrolic loss problem October 24, 2011 05:11AM
Did you remove your Hitch and SCV's? Did you just cap off the supply line for the Hitch and SCV's?
Bryan

Re: hydrolic loss problem October 26, 2011 11:28AM
my hitch is still there all i took out it the oil cooler and control valve. im running the stock pump but have a home made wide front that uses hydrolic cylinder to turn i just run the lines tht went to the steering motor to the hydrolic cylinder.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,763, Posts: 229,927, Members: 3,337.
This forum: Topics: 37,095, Posts: 226,023.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM