Farm Stock at Gordyville November 08, 2011 08:10AM
What would the chances of a 12500 Farm Stock class at Gordyville? Box 3LM, 2850 RPM, 20.8X38 tires Stock appearing fuel pump with electric pusher pump.

Re: Farm Stock at Gordyville November 08, 2011 08:21AM
Why not just poor a gallon of paint on the track and watch it dry. Don't you think that there is enough classes already.

Re: Farm Stock at Gordyville November 09, 2011 12:35AM
I know, lets plant some grass on the track. Build your tractor to fit one of the other 150 classes that are already there.

Re: Farm Stock at Gordyville November 09, 2011 01:25AM
Maybe eliminate a couple or ten of the redundant "look alike" classes and add some variety to the show, or at least watch a real tractor pull for a change versus yet another drag race.

Re: Farm Stock at Gordyville November 09, 2011 03:27AM
Believe me, I realize we have several classes with different rules, that accomplish the same result. But I am faced with everyone wanting a session of "Their Rules" or "I'm not coming!" So our current schedule is the result. As far a more "Farm Stock" class, it has been suggested by different pullers and we are always open to new ideas. The only hitch is the insurance we carry demands a high level of safety equipment on the vehicles. So that investment scares most of the guys back into the bleachers, and the guys that consider putting it on say, "If I am going to do all of this, I might as well buy the parts to get into our existing Pro Farm classes." But I have learned to never say never. If a couple of clubs come to us with enough tractors "WITH SIMILAR RULES", that will "GET ALONG", we might add something like that in the future. Only time will tell. Thanks Klint

Re: Farm Stock at Gordyville November 09, 2011 04:07AM
Thanks Klint for all your hard work, just like you I get real tired of all the "my class" and My rules" crap.

Re: Farm Stock at Gordyville November 09, 2011 05:37AM
You guys put on a whale of a show every year and I wouldn't miss it. I was just trying to make the point that the show has plenty of 6000-10000 lb "slip clutch/wheel spin/pan drop/snuff" classes and that some variety in the way of a healthy farm stock class isn't really as stupid or ridiculous an idea as some foregoing posters may think, especially at a short track venue like Gordyville where there really isn't room to get up and run anyway. Now, getting farm stock guys to agree on rules and get along, that's a whole 'nother story. 12500 is waaaay too light. Far as I'm concerned, 14000 is a light farm class.

Re: Farm Stock at Gordyville November 11, 2011 02:12PM
Everyone has opinons on what they like and dont like. Not a thing wrong with that. In southern indiana we have good numbers in our classes. No we dont run 20 mph but the competion is close with different color tractors. We would love to pull somewhere in the winter indoors . Dont think it matters where. Just to say we have done it once would be pretty cool. So to anyone who mite have room at one of their shows give us a try. Its sure not gonna cost you much to get us there. And a basic set of rules wouldnt be too hard to come up with. just my two cents .

Re: Farm Stock at Gordyville November 11, 2011 03:01PM
We don't run 20 MPH either, but we can run over 15 MPH. That is as fast if not faster than the NA or Classic Mod. and have just as much fun, and I agree it would be nice to pull one time indoors for a change.

Re: Farm Stock at Gordyville November 12, 2011 01:42AM
im sorry but if u run over 15mph then u are not farm stock. your a pro farm just without safety equipment. your one of those guys that want to run a pro farm or hot farm tractor but dont want to put all the safety equipment on it because either u dont want to spend the money or u think if you put it on then you cant mop up on the REAL farm stockers cause they will throw u in a different class

Re: Farm Stock at Gordyville November 12, 2011 02:02AM
So what is your definition of "Farm Stock"? Nothing but factory stuff or factory appearing? There are Farm Stocks in my area with rotary pumps and 2.3 charger running 19-20.

Re: Farm Stock at Gordyville November 12, 2011 02:36AM
Your sleds must be set up different, because there are tractors around here that have considerably larger chargers and p-pumps that would be pushing it to run that fast.

And no, they are not junk tractors or the drivers don't know how to drive-just heavy sled settings.

Re: Farm Stock at Gordyville November 12, 2011 04:16AM
How heavy is your class? Ours is 12,500. Sled may need to be heavier to stop say a 14,000 or so. Nothing against your iron

Re: Farm Stock at Gordyville November 14, 2011 05:35AM
"Farm stock" has a very wide definition. I think what in most tractor pulling associations are calling farm stock is 2800 to 3000 rpm, stock appearing fuel pump and a 3lm turbo. IPA has went to whatever turbo you want just a 2.3 intake. Different cosmetics are cast centers or pto that really are not the meat and potatoes of your power to the ground. As far as at gordyville I think that a class of something like that should be highly considered. As far as compairing us to wathing paint dry or watching grass grow i think we are a far cry from that but if you like running people down to make your self feel better party on or maybe you just enjoy watching paint dry.
Call the class what you want "farm stock." heavy super field, or soap box tractors. It is a up and coming, competitive class that can stand on its own, being that i can think that there would be anywere from 15 to 50 tractors show up to get and pull indoors and gordyville, just once.
just my 2 cents
thanks morgans and klint for doing what you do

Re: Farm Stock at Gordyville November 12, 2011 02:53AM
Im from KY and if that class was added we would definetly be interested in coming to Gordyville and running. Not this year because we are still working some Kinks out this winter and hopefully back in full force next spring. I hope you can add it. I like winning just much as the next guy but i have just have fun pulling. Nothing like Rev up and side steping the clutch and going!!! Hope you add it or consider it. Just my 2 cents!!!

Re: Farm Stock at Gordyville November 12, 2011 05:07AM
Let me be more definitive. 12 to 15mph. And most guys here are in that 12 to 13000 lb range. As far as safety most groups have alot of the required safety stuff already on. Wouldnt take much for those that dont. And in all reality gordyville probably would never happen for us. Which is fine. But some where else maybe mite consider it just once.

Re: Farm Stock at Gordyville November 12, 2011 05:30AM
We would have to travel about 12 hours to get there, but if you run rules close to the ones stated above we would come. I could get five or more tractors for this class.

Re: Farm Stock at Gordyville November 12, 2011 09:24AM
2800 rpms, cast centers, stock appearing, NON CUT TIRES or shaved off tires,put a kill switch on for safety just to name a few more we have on average 15 to 20 tractors all summer long pulling 12500 and 14000

Re: Farm Stock at Gordyville November 13, 2011 12:52AM
except for the cast hub thing that would be awesome!! there are a lot of clubs with similar rules that could adapt and as far as safety we should all have that stuff anyway ive seen some crazy stuff happen even at 3000 rpm and 15 mph and if mr i''m sorry has a problem with saftey equipment maby he should rethink his prioritys

Re: Farm Stock at Gordyville November 13, 2011 01:21AM
the big "thing" is the cage and most farm stock guys are against putting one on their farm tractor, somehow it just doesn't seem farm stock running between 15-20. I bet most of these type tractors would work well in one of these plowing contests like they have in sweden. Matter of fact maybe that could be the precursor event. If you want to pull farm stock must be able to plow for a minimum of 30 minutes.

Re: Farm Stock at Gordyville November 13, 2011 02:02AM
I hear ya. If you can run more than 2nd hi it isn't farm stock. It's just another 466 13 mill pump class with 3000 rpm limit. So just be in the class made for you HOT FARM.

Re: Farm Stock at Gordyville November 13, 2011 03:39AM
i never said a thing bout having a problem with safety equip. what i was getting at is if these so called farm stock tractors are running 20mph have much safety equip do they have. i bet none of them have a cage because then they wouldnt be in the farm class. if ur running 20mph most of the safety equip isnt good enough. YOU NEED ALL OF IT

Re: Farm Stock at Gordyville November 13, 2011 12:34PM
Illiana pullers association has a farm stock class in its second year with a good rule base to start from. I would talk to carl downs, I bet they'd provide some help in getting something going. Rules are on illiana pullers association web site

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009