"styrofoam cup test" March 02, 2012 06:49PM
I see this is a fuel test that is going to be used by the ntpa (according to the website)....what exactly is this test and what exactly does this test for? this has probably been addressed before, but thanks for the answers in advance.

Re: "styrofoam cup test" March 03, 2012 12:18AM
There is some kind of additive to the fuel that will eat through a styrofoam cup, while legal diesel fuel wouldn't eat through the cup.

Re: "styrofoam cup test" March 03, 2012 02:01AM
its called NITRO-XD , eats styrofoam cups really fast, its smells like paint thinners

Re: "styrofoam cup test" March 03, 2012 06:19AM
Evidently it really works otherwise they wouldnt be worried about it, but how much of a difference does it make?

Re: "styrofoam cup test" March 03, 2012 08:07AM
all depends on what percentage you mix it at can says 5% ,but have heard guys saying 40% works great , had a couple of tractors pulling our club , but they got caught , no more 30 foot leaders any more

Re: "styrofoam cup test" March 03, 2012 08:28AM
why not allow it. easier to police and more power?

Re: "styrofoam cup test" March 04, 2012 02:00AM
In Bowling Green 59 out of 72 tractors failed the "cup" test

ohiopolice March 04, 2012 09:40AM
Just in case you have any idea what your talking about and who you are pointing fingers at there were lots of tractors running this fuel last year. As wood county fair posted 59 out of 72 tractors failed the cup test at bg. I really doubt that all of those tractors bought fuel from salenbien. Possible but very unlikely. Maybe you should think before you open your keyboard. Most keyboard pullers dont though. I completely understand.

Re: ohiopolice March 04, 2012 10:20AM
any one can call and buy the stuff and alot of people run it.

Re: "styrofoam cup test" March 04, 2012 11:45AM
I deleted the post by "ohiopolice".

The post said "cheating fuel" and to my knowledge the reigning NTPA Super Farm champion passed every fuel test last year. His fuel and water were legal at NTPA events according to the testing equipment and specs that NTPA set forth.

Don't anonymously accuse a man, his team, or his business of cheating without proof positive.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: "styrofoam cup test" March 05, 2012 11:11AM
Jake, usually you are careful with your comments and are pretty accurate--but not in this case. The stuff some guys were using last year clearly states on the company's web site that it is an "oxygenator", in plain language, it carries oxygen into the cylinder so the motor produces more power. NTPA's rule book clearly states "no oxygen carriers allowed". The chemical pullers knew what they were adding, they knew the current test would not detect it, but that does NOT make it legal. It is cheating! BTW--I heard 5 super farm pullers fuel went through the styrofoam cup, not 57.

Re: "styrofoam cup test" March 05, 2012 11:44AM
Thanks for the post. Yes, no oxygenators allowed. I completely agree that the use of one is illegal; it's very clear in the rule book.

The post by "ohiopolice" said "cheating fuel" was used by the NTPA Champion, but gave no proof regarding the use of any additive (oxygenating or otherwise). Therefore it's a baseless accusation, hearsay by an anonymous source, and subsequently removed. Where's the proof that Salenbien's used any oxygenating additive for 2011? If anyone has proof that he was using an oxygenating additive please post your name and how you know what he was using. If you saw him put the oxygenating additive in his tank please post your name (and contact info) and give us the details on where you saw the infraction take place.

Without proof and contact info it's not credible and I can't have people speculate about someone cheating.

The deleted post wasn't about 5 tractors, and it wasn't about "stuff some guys were using last year", it was a specific accusation about a specific puller and it had no contact info or verification.

I agree with you completely about oxygenators, but I was actually very careful with my words and you need proof that an illegal fuel was used on the track.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: ohiopolice March 04, 2012 12:17PM
Why is everyone buying it? To make more H.P. and why is it always the superfarm getting bashed for it? Is it because of the turbo limit? This is a limited class. If you want to make more power move up. If pullers are aloud to run this junk. Lets just run nitro or what ever other high octane, high oxygen junk we can run. We won't need the P.S ,SS classes anymore. Cause they can't run the stuff. They can't hardly keep them together now. (all thats right they don't have an air resrtiction) They're the classes your suppost to move to when you want to go looking for crazy H.P. If you're using this stuff and think it's cool well. I guess You don't mind looking at your fellow competitor (friends) and ripping them off either.I bet if you ask people that follow baseball if drugs are ok to shadder records. What the response would be. Come on guys we are all alot smarter than dumping mechanic in a can in our fuel and water.

Rose Colored Glasses March 04, 2012 02:28PM
Why does everyone believe that Super Farm tractors are the "only" diesel class running this additive. Do you really think that 59out 72 super farms run this stuff at a given event and no pro-stock or diesel SS or light/limited pro runs it? Talk about wishful thinking...better yet how about buying the ocean front property I have in Iowa!

Re: Rose Colored Glasses March 04, 2012 04:46PM
No kidding. It wasn't illegal last year. Period. It is illegal this year. If it makes that much of a difference on a SF running a 3" charger and about 900cc of fuel. What is the difference in HP gonna be on a Pro or DSS? If its being talked about here then its most likely been used by most of them all year.

NITRO XD March 05, 2012 06:45AM
Where can I buy some of this NITRO-XD stuff? Sounds like it'll make things happen! Thanks!!

Re: NITRO XD March 05, 2012 09:30AM
Why not let everyone use it? The stuff is not a secret. Why is it in the super farm class they are always trying to make stuff illegal? Everyone in that clss is using the same parts anyhow. Why not let the class be what it is, 640ci, 3x3 turbo, with P-pumps. If it keeps up like this it will take 3 days just to tech the 72 tractors at BG.

Re: NITRO XD March 05, 2012 10:47AM
same reason we cant run nitromethane in our water
rules are rules
cup test is for all classes not suprefarm only

Re: NITRO XD March 05, 2012 12:19PM
In any competition people will always strive for a competitive edge. However rules are in place for a reason. Like our rule that says diesel fuel only. So by the addition of nitro or any other power adder they are breaking the rules plain and simple. So if this test really works then it should be a easy and inexpensive way to keep people honest. I do have a question though. Once the fuel sample is collected is there an immediate chemical reaction or does the tech official have a specified time fram for the styrofoam to break down? Thanks

Re: NITRO XD March 05, 2012 12:36PM
there are other additives to put with it and it will not eat threw the cup. So do your homework and can run it too!!!

Re: NITRO XD March 05, 2012 01:02PM
what happend to using a crank case sniffer to check everyone? or take a sample of the oil. oil collects everything run through the motor. don't just check the super farm tractors, check everyone, pro stocks, light pro stocks, limited pro stocks.

Re: NITRO XD March 05, 2012 01:19PM
We were talking about that at NFMS. If they aren't sniffing these tractors too then it would be as easy as ever to cheat. Water and fuel protocol is one thing, but that only polices what originates from the tanks or system. What about other added sources? It seems to me it should have to pass a sniffer too and use the right water and fuel allowed in the rules.

COO for OTTPA

www.outlawpulling.com

www.truck-specialties.com

Schaeffer Oil Representative

[www.schaefferoil.com]

Re: NITRO XD March 05, 2012 06:49PM
My question is: is the stuff hard on engines? Does it eat valves or pistons? Really want to learn a bit more about it please!

Re: NITRO XD March 05, 2012 11:14PM
If you need to run this junk. I don't figure you're any smarter than the can it came in. The rules say diesel only. What is so hard to understand that? Either that or you're a lier and a thief.

Re: NITRO XD March 06, 2012 12:39PM
First grader u sayin u add nothing to ur fuel? Nothing at all. Dont believe that cause i would bet u puttin some kind of lube in that fuel!

Re: NITRO XD March 06, 2012 07:49PM
I am new to tractor pulling! I am just wondering if this nitro xd is somewhat safe on an engine or if it is a waste of time on a fairly stock motor. I have seen alot of people running fuel additatives like howes, but I doubt it gains power just saves on pump and injector life. Just wondering what can be gained without risking a motor???

Re: NITRO XD March 06, 2012 09:55PM
Last time I checked we were pullers not chemists! I don't have any experience with nitro-xd but you have to run some kind of lube since the diesel these days is such crap.

Re: NITRO XD March 07, 2012 03:35AM
No I do not. I have nothing against tho. At fifthteen seconds a pass 30 passes a season. Just what do you think your going to wear. Thats running 1200cc never ever had a pump issue.

Re: NITRO XD March 07, 2012 02:15PM
If you have to run that Sh$t to win then have at it. I also hope you make a pile of junk!!!!!!!!!!! And dont let me catch you runnin it!!! Its an accellerent and it doesn't belong in your tank.

Re: NITRO XD March 08, 2012 09:26AM
[www.pgmfuel.com]

Didnt take me long to find out what it is.. and yes i say it illeagal as well.. and Im a fan not a puller...

Re: NITRO XD March 08, 2012 11:32AM
fan69 you are right it is illegal. but the test used last year would not detect it. you would have to protest someone and have it sent to a lab.

Re: NITRO XD March 08, 2012 11:43AM
Why doesn't the governing bodies such as the NTPA make the punishment so harsh and absolute that nobody would want to risk taking the chance on being caught? I feel a 25k fine or a life time ban should do the trick. The problem is every time you hear about this kind of thing its all contoversial. Its just like sending a kid to their room instead of five across the back side.

Re: NITRO XD March 08, 2012 02:12PM
if everyone is running it why worry bout it...looks like 59 out of 72 in bowling green had it...it there so worryed bout fuel..have someone make ready to run fuel for ntpa...get a sponcer to make ready to use then have someway to check it...now bash away

Re: NITRO XD March 08, 2012 02:25PM
well everyone is not running it . our 2 tractors were i guess 2 of the 13 that passed. the ntpa supplied fuel would be fine. but you still have to have a way to check it . nitro xd is not all you can put in fuel to make more power.

Re: NITRO XD March 08, 2012 10:23PM
I just want to be able to buy a chassis from one of the builders.With brand new HP PULLER 2000 24.5 tires. Go to one of the engine builders and get the "Best of the Best" 640 built with all the bells and wistles (expecially one of those expensive cranks!) . Then get the best p-pump and the "Latest and greatest" turbo I can buy (for 2012). Go to the best dyno place to bring out all the motors potential. Pull agianst 50 other tractors and be top 5 everytime. HOW HARD CAN IT BE? Oh and i forgot, I will never push the limit on the rules to try and win. The builder should have done that when i bought everything.

Re: NITRO XD March 10, 2012 12:55AM
Hotsmallblock
If you have to run that Sh$t to win then have at it. I also hope you make a pile of junk!!!!!!!!!!! And dont let me catch you runnin it!!! Its an accellerent and it doesn't belong in your tank.

What is the fuel rule for N.E.W. ? Do your rules have a test method? Otherwise it's just he said, he said.

Re: NITRO XD March 10, 2012 12:38PM
PI allows it, or just never checks it. Along with everything else, if a few guys like it, then it's in

Re: NITRO XD March 10, 2012 12:38PM
New to hf
Hotsmallblock

What is the fuel rule for N.E.W. ? Do your rules have a test method? Otherwise it's just he said, he said.

New to HF If your afraid to put your real name on here don't call me out.

Re: NITRO XD March 11, 2012 12:35AM
Hotsmallblock
New to hf
Hotsmallblock

What do you mean calling you out? Just wanted to know if N.E.W. has anything in the rules about fuel or if it says anything about a fuel test. Answer, don't answer do whatever you want.

Re: NITRO XD March 11, 2012 05:45AM
New to HF
Hotsmallblock
New to hf
Hotsmallblock

What do you mean calling you out? Just wanted to know if N.E.W. has anything in the rules about fuel or if it says anything about a fuel test. Answer, don't answer do whatever you want.

Here is your N.E.W. fuel rule.

26) No uses of alternative fuels are allowed. Vehicle must be factory fueled with water injection only. (12)

Lance Mertens

Re: NITRO XD March 09, 2012 02:16PM
Would it help in a farm class tractor.

Re: NITRO XD March 09, 2012 02:44PM
Yes it does seen it on a PTO dyno

Re: NITRO XD March 09, 2012 03:02PM
how you mix it. can you put to much?

Re: NITRO XD March 09, 2012 03:45PM
Mix it 50% and watch the Dyno Glow!!!

Re: NITRO XD March 09, 2012 07:14PM
Does this stuff work on NA tractors?

Re: NITRO XD March 09, 2012 11:46PM
Sure, probably more effective. You've heard nitros called "a blower in a bottle"? Since this is an oxygenate it would be too.

Re: NITRO XD March 21, 2012 02:07AM
So where can I purchase some of this"Blower in a bottle"?

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,668, Posts: 229,751, Members: 3,327.
This forum: Topics: 37,074, Posts: 225,927.

Our newest member JD_8520