ultmate rpm limit of a ford 401? March 16, 2012 10:19AM
Before I put my pump fly weights on the treadmill, what would be terminal velocity of a stock forged 401 crank,balanced to the intended rpm on a grease burner with unlimited turbo,water injection? would like to keep it together for more then one weekend-as in somewhat reliable! have to keep up to those vodka burners this year!

Re: ultmate rpm limit of a ford 401? March 16, 2012 01:17PM
Good for 10,000 rpm +/- 1%. PS don't worry bout the alky's. LoL.

Re: ultmate rpm limit of a ford 401? March 16, 2012 02:30PM
10,000 seems like a bunch. Twin turbo 401 LSS about 1500 hp might be more we like to launch at just over 5000 I know it will take a bit more but seems to pull down to 4000 during the pull and runs great at this rpm I think it will take 6000 without hurting it

Re: ultmate rpm limit of a ford 401? March 18, 2012 12:55AM
Keep it right around the 2500-3000 rpm range Jim.lol

Re: ultmate rpm limit of a ford 401? March 18, 2012 02:01AM
am sure the injection pump should be quite happy turning that! it will learn to like it at least!

Re: ultmate rpm limit of a ford 401? March 18, 2012 02:09AM
Gotta think about warranty Jim . When we dig up Renegade Al he will be your biggest threat.Yawning

Re: ultmate rpm limit of a ford 401? March 18, 2012 11:45PM
'Dig up Renegade Al'?? You have to tell us more, Robert!!

Re: ultmate renagade al March 21, 2012 11:30AM
Maybe rather than try and put al down,why dont some of you try and work on your tractors as much as you are on this feed back page.At least al gets out and supports all the hooks offered to the light pros class.You guys know al isnt on here.So we will pass your comments on to him. It seems cotpa has a big problem.To many people without tractors on the track worrying what everyone else is doing.News travells fast in the pulling world.And we have heard of some things going on up there,all the way down here in ohio. Al is a great guy and just wants to have fun without any bodys bs.You all know who built that tractor.So dont drag another mans name through the mud.

Re: ultmate renagade al March 21, 2012 12:43PM
Where in any of these statements put Al down. We all love having him in the class and get a kick out of seeing him do well. I think if you know Al his humor is very funny and he is a nice guy as well.

I think you better try some re-reading and of the above posts to figure out how you came to your assumption.

Don't be scared to put a name on your posts as well. Winking

Re: ultmate renagade al March 21, 2012 01:35PM
Dont think they wre putting Al down, and you obviously dont know whos been helping him get to the next level now do you!

Re: ultmate renagade al March 21, 2012 10:42PM
Put down Al? "seriously" not sure where "in the" thread you "red" read that we were putting Al down? please reread the attachment on sportsmanship[en.wikipedia.org]

Re: ultmate renagade al March 22, 2012 12:21AM
"Two big"why not put your name on post?Or maybe change it to cupcake.there was not 1 bad thing said about Al

Re: ultmate renagade al March 22, 2012 12:40AM
well i must have read it wrong but it sure sounded like one post was looking for dirt on him.sorry for misunderstanding

Re: ultmate renagade al March 22, 2012 12:54AM
It might have been my confusing wording. I meant that Al has been quiet this winter. He usually drops by the shop here every few weeks with coffee in hand for my guys. We have helped him with parts for his tractor and nothing puts a smile on my face more than seeing him dance around the pits after a win. Winking

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,793, Posts: 229,997, Members: 3,340.
This forum: Topics: 37,103, Posts: 226,071.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009