Hiems head March 25, 2012 08:53AM
Heard alot of rumors this weekend about Hiems head on a sf can someone tell me what this is and why no one checks for these

Re: Hiems head March 25, 2012 04:16PM
A himes head is a recast head like the hypermax head...as far as I know its not legal in sf...

Re: Hiems head March 25, 2012 10:26PM
Can't speak for other organizations, but it is legal to use in all tractor classes(pro farm excluded) in the NTPA.

Re: Hiems head March 25, 2012 10:52PM
whats there head cost?

Re: Hiems head March 26, 2012 02:53PM
they are on the green ones also. they are also taller heads.

Re: Hiems head March 26, 2012 03:18PM
Maybee someone will protest it this summer and put an end to this! Too bad the tech guys don't catch this either, they were quite blind in Lincoln..

Re: Hiems head March 26, 2012 03:29PM
maybee someday they will also catch the 680 that is beneath that hiems head

Re: Hiems head March 26, 2012 03:33PM
Penny, I understand you feel you didn't get a fair shake at the pull in lincoln, I totally understand, but how would you feel if you built a tractor and they completly changed the rules so your tractor wasn't legal anymore? I can guarentee you that the nebraksa bush pullers will never do that to you because their sole purpose is to put on a great show for the fans and have as much iron pull possible in the area. Go right ahead and Pull outlaws and start wining, just ask mr. longnecker what happened when he started "Dominating" the class as doug would put it. just saying, who do you really think is trying to make you have a bad day? All of these people put on these pulls for little or nothing in return, they wont' do it anymore if you stand out there and chew their @$$ out over something that wasn't really that big of a deal, hell first place only paid $500 i think, and second was prolly $50 less so why make such a stink over a pull thats put on for FUN! If you have such a problem with the tech officials, im pretty sure there is an opening if you just take the test and pass it.

Re: Hiems head March 26, 2012 09:44PM
Well said....... Tractor guy.

Re: Hiems head March 27, 2012 12:48AM
Hey modgirl (Penny) its time you explain your beef!!! You have complained on various threads looking for sympathy tell the facts no BS.
We're waiting.....

Re: Hiems head March 27, 2012 01:29AM
there pro stock head made one red guy really run well in my area

Re: Hiems head, with cornhusker was fair March 27, 2012 11:29AM
What IS the beef? NO ONE has even tried to explain what they think the issue is. mod girl would be the ideal one to state her (their) case.
I know for a FACT Kurt (or any tech/flag person) does NOT like to D.Q. anyone! It is never taken lightly. Even in obvious cases.
And there IS room for MORE tech officials all across our great nation, not just Nebraska.

Re: Hiems head March 28, 2012 01:18PM
So whether or not his head is legal or not,you are condoning cheating if it is. This is not an OEM head for superfarm , period. In no way does cheating help any sport, and again it is OK becuase it was supposed to be for FUN! Dont know of anyone thinks its FUN when someone cheats to win at all cost , including their own INTEGRITY becomes in question. Again not saying this person was or was not, i ll leave that to the pullers in that area. The techs and governing bodies across the USA need to crack down and stop being so passive for the sake of the SHOW, it should no longer be ACCEPTABLE to look the other way. Just my OPINION on CHEATING in general!

Re: Hiems head March 28, 2012 03:35PM
To all of you ACLLSS pullers and the like. If you want to complain about the recast heads from other companies ,and there are a few, why didn't you stop the hyper head from getting the OK into the pulling world. I have a hard time stomaching the fact that red tractors can run the recast hyper head because it has a part # on it but the other tractors can't run a recast head.

Re: Hiems head March 29, 2012 12:28AM
Wondering where is this Hiems head located, or can have info on it? Thanks

Re: Hiems head March 29, 2012 01:11AM
Now thats funny! I assume the AC part of ACLLSS stands for Allis Chalmers? I don't think there is a competitive AC running in the Superfarm class that is not running a recast head. The only way the AC tractors are competitive is to run a recast head, and yes, it is good for the sport. The barn door was opened years ago when the recast Hyper head was allowed. Billit heads are not allowed in Superfarm, but recast heads are allowed. If you still don't like it, then get more pure yet and get rid of the truck heads also. The techs have a full time job trying to keep ahead of the "chemical" pullers. The recast stuff is nothing compared to the chemicals that are finding their way into the water and the fuel. Recast heads do not cause cancer---the chemicals do!! Its not only a cheating issue, its also a safety issue.

Re: Hiems head March 29, 2012 03:23PM
i know for a fact the second place super farm in loiusville had one on.... is that legal?????? can it run in ntpa??? outlaws???

Re: Hiems head March 29, 2012 11:15PM
you should read all the posts, and follow along.

Re: Hiems head March 30, 2012 03:36AM
Just a thought instead of getting on a form such as this and complaining about it why not grow a pair fork out some money and protest the tractor. Everyone says i dont want to be that guy but you will get on here and make accusations of cheating why not know the truth. Fire away!

Re: Hiems head March 30, 2012 03:57AM
what is the problem, if the tractor you are talking about had the head on for lousiville, so what, it was leagal there, if that tractor pulls outlaw this year they will have to take if off, but i am sure they will, just because they are a outlaw tractor doesn't mean they can't change things for lousiville and still be legal, they were end of discussion, ain't like this tractor came out of no where and got second, it is a strong tractor where ever it goes to pull.

Re: Hiems head March 30, 2012 09:27AM
Question? Did he change the head for Kansas City?? Lincoln?? You seem to know so much neb. puller answer this question please

Re: Hiems head March 30, 2012 11:21AM
Your poutlaws tech official!

Re: Hiems head March 30, 2012 03:06PM
Now are we talking about a recasted head as in all new with different deck heights and different flow patterns , or are we now talking about a stock OEM water jacket filled with cast?

Re: Hiems head March 30, 2012 03:16PM
new recast head . high port design. that is why the are thicker.

Re: Hiems head March 31, 2012 10:19PM
Bob is an unbelievable talent when it comes to cylinder head design and theory. A credit to the sport without question. I know as well as anyone else that a builder/supplier will not descriminate as to who or why a product is being sold. I'm sure that my friends that run Himes heads on there prostock tractors appreciate their availability. If they are purchaced and used in a class that does not explicitely condemn their use, then there is no arguement. If your club rules say that you are to use a factory produced head, you use just that. If your organization uses litergy in such a fashion that allows heads that bear a factory casting number, then I guess Bob will have to throw a makeshift number like "426" etc in his casting to keep the peace! Bob is a great attribute to the sport. Too often the politics and interpretation of the rules push people beyond reason, and more often than not beyond friendships. The nature of the beast and the competativeness of man can be a horrific scenario at times! FYI, I personally do not condone cheating. I simply state my feelings that we should not blame the guy for producing parts that work. Lets hold the people accountable that dont translate rules clearly, and leave them up to us to translate as freely as we desire. Not that anyone cares, but back in the early stages of our country, we had two presidents that shared two different views of our constitution. Loose and strict interpretation between Jefferson and Hamilton over the implementation of a federal bank. One believed that if the law did not specifically state that the action was legal, then we should not be allowed to do it. The opposing mentality interpreted the law as such: If the constitution did not clearly ban the action from occuring, then it should be deemed right and legal. Funny how any and all governing bodies are left with such a gray area to cultivate contriversy!!!!!!!!!

Re: Hiems head April 02, 2012 12:45PM
So once again the question, Where can a guy get any info on this Hiems head? Thanks

Re: Hiems head April 02, 2012 02:52PM
a google search has still left me without locating Mr. Hiems. But I believe he's at or near Frankfort, IN. Which is basically in Mr. O's backyard. So that must mean that the head is legal, is my interpretation. Amazing the Hoosier pullers are remaining quiet. You'd think they would want to help one of their own.

Re: Hiems head April 03, 2012 11:07AM
Must be a big secret, The Info thing!

Re: Hiems head April 03, 2012 11:29AM
13178318069 let us know what u find out!

Re: Hiems head April 03, 2012 12:07PM
Thank You!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,697, Posts: 229,796, Members: 3,329.
This forum: Topics: 37,081, Posts: 225,950.

Our newest member CBeard