Lynn Indiana Truck and Tractor Pulls August 04, 2012 09:46AM
Here is the line up for the Lynn, IN Battle on the Border Truck and Tractor Pulls Sept. 6-8
Thursday Sept 6th, 7pm start- Div II Antiques 4500lb thru 8500lb. DCTPA rules and points pull.
Friday Sept 7th, 7pm start- 5800lb hot rods,9000lb alt. farm stock 3520 rpm, 6200lb alt street stock gas 4x4 pickups, 8000lb alt 2.6 4x4 diesel trucks and 2.5 alt work stock 4x4 diesel trucks. All previous classes are DCTPA rules. See www.dctpa.com for all rules. Also on Friday, 9500lb Pure farm stock 18.4x38 tire limit, 11500lb pure farm stock 20.8x42 tire limit, 13500lb pure farm stock 20.8x42 tire limit and unlimited weight pure farm stock. All farm classes are 10 mph. 11500lb and 13500lb are $300.00 purse to win plus 50% payback.
Saturday Sept 8th 7pm start- Hoosier State Pull, Heavy Super Stock, Light Pro Stock, 4x4 Trucks and Super Farm.
Any questions on pull please call Jerimy @765-576-1250 or Jordan @765-546-1970. See Ya There!

Re: Lynn Indiana Truck and Tractor Pulls August 05, 2012 12:28PM
any chance of running a farm class without the speed limit?

Re: Lynn Indiana Truck and Tractor Pulls August 05, 2012 12:36PM
Nope sorry...dont let that stop you from coming and having a good time!

Re: Lynn Indiana Truck and Tractor Pulls August 12, 2012 06:47AM
any cages allowed in farm classes

Re: Lynn Indiana Truck and Tractor Pulls August 12, 2012 08:21AM
may have more tractors if you would have a class with no mph

Re: Lynn Indiana Truck and Tractor Pulls August 12, 2012 02:08PM
They do have a farm class without a speed limit. It's called 9000 altered farm.
Would be nice to see the 8500 pro farm class though.

Re: Lynn Indiana Truck and Tractor Pulls August 14, 2012 05:03AM
In reply to having more tractors if we had no speed limit, my name is Jerimy and I am one of the promoters of this pull. We had a lengthy meeting discussing an open class and we felt as a club we did not want the liability of an open class. None of us wanted to be in a lawsuit because of one person running 4000 or more rpm's and putting his flywheel in the stands and killing someone. I know it sounds crazy but we are not ready for that. We added $300.00 purse and 50% payback to the 11500 and 13500lb classes. We felt that money talks. If we can't get more tractors with money then we felt that those tractors wouldn't come anyways. I myself pull in the 9500lb class and i don't feel safe over 3000 rpm. With that being said we knew there would be 1 guy that would go over the edge and ruin it for the rest. I love pulling and I hope everyone else that comes to Lynn loves to pull too. We have a great track and would love to have tons of tractors willing to pull a 10 mph class. I Hope this explains things. I also hope everyone comes to Lynn and experiences a great and fun pull :-}

Re: Lynn Indiana Truck and Tractor Pulls August 14, 2012 12:00PM
First let me say that the Lynn club puts on a first rate pull. Now for the rest. These "farm stock" tractors as seen at places like Brookville,Rushville and Mooreland (just examples) are a ticking time bomb. It`s just a matter of time until one blows in two,spits a clutch and flywheel and kills a driver,fan or fans or seriously injures one or both. It has happened before and will happen again. Stock parts were never meant to turn that fast or hold that much HP/Torque. Speed limits are OK but you would be much better off to enforce RPM limits of 3000 or less. If this is not done NOW when one does come apart it will be the last pull ever at that venue and the last time the guy driving ever pulls because the lawsuit potential is horrendous. Police the RPMs now before it is too late. Just something to think about.

Re: Lynn Indiana Truck and Tractor Pulls August 14, 2012 12:15PM
"Farm Stock", I completely agree. That is part of the reason I do not attend these pulls, although I have an open welcome at many venues.
It's also the reason I promote that there needs to be a common set of rules to encompass the country. I realize though, to enforce and police them, is a major undertaking. But, your 'expression of thought' needs to start somewhere with some organization.
One of these bad accidents will be a big black eye for all of pulling.

Re: Lynn Indiana Truck and Tractor Pulls August 14, 2012 12:58PM
Just got done having a farmstock puller built. I run 2600 rpms most of the time but some places i pull i do run 3000 rpms. So with that said I spent the extra money now for a good 2 dics sfi approved clutch and flywheel so that i would feel safe as well as keeping other people safe too.

Farm "stock"?? August 14, 2012 02:14PM
I totally agree with the earlier posts about the safety factor.
I know you didnt specify what all you had done, so this comment may or may not be directed toward your situation. I just have to say it sounds funny to hear "I just had a farm stock puller built". Come on, it's farm stock. Why would anyone need to have one "built"? Farm stock should be for tractors that are just that, stock off the farm. Anything more than that shouldn't be called farm stock in my opinion.
I have teched some farm stock hooks and have seen a lot of stuff guys try to sneak by on and I have seen many local farm pulls die out because the local stock tractors quit coming because hot tractors come in and no one has had the guts to say no. It seems the past couple years there is more and more guys that have to have a tractor built up to way more than stock in hopes of winning a $20 trophy by cleaning house against a bunch of stock tractors driven by 16 year olds who had to beg their dad to let them unhook the feed grinder from to come pull. Come on guys, if you want to pull a hot tractor, then step up and pull with comparable tractors.

Re: Lynn Indiana Truck and Tractor Pulls August 14, 2012 01:34PM
Thanks for all the posts. We do inforce the 3000 rpm limit but there are many ways around that. We want a safe and exciting pull and we feel that we can do that with a 10 mph, 3000 RPM class. The "last" thing we want to do as promoters is to make pullers mad. We need you guys to make our pull a success. With that being said, as a promoter we want the fans to be as safe as possible. Remember I am speaking from a promoters posistion and we all are entitled to an opinion. Thanks for reading and understanding mine. Thanks again for the advice. See you at Lynn!

Re: Lynn Indiana Truck and Tractor Pulls August 16, 2012 08:20AM
Bottom line is lets just have a good, safe show! 3 WEEKS AWAY FROM TRUCK AND TRACTOR PULLING IN LYNN INDIANA!

Re: Lynn Indiana Truck and Tractor Pulls August 22, 2012 07:04AM
Great Pull, Great People, Great Food, Great Time! Cant wait!

Pure Farm Classes August 26, 2012 03:03AM
What kind of turn out do you normally have for pure farm classes?

Re: Pure Farm Classes August 26, 2012 12:34PM
Usually for the pure farm classes we get 8 to 15 depending on the year. Our farm classes have always been pretty good. Thanks

Re: Pure Farm Classes August 27, 2012 06:17AM
Thanks for the info! How long have you been doing this pull??

Re: Pure Farm Classes August 27, 2012 02:37PM
We have been doing our pull since 2001. We started doing the Hoosier State Pull in 2009. So far we have had great pull after great pull. Alot of good people is the reason behind that. Very thankful for all there help. Hopefully you will be able to join us on the 6th, 7th and 8th of September. I think you will have a great time.

Re: Pure Farm Classes September 01, 2012 06:55AM
Keeps getting better and better every year!

Re: Pure Farm Classes September 02, 2012 04:35AM
Thanks for the reply RTD. We have worked hard to make this pull a success. We have by far not reached the top. We feel that we can always do better and are open to any "good" ideas. Talking about hosting a pull in the early summer. Still trying to work out the ground work. Can't wait for this thursday, friday and saturday. Hopefully everything goes great and thanks again.

Re: Lynn Indiana Truck and Tractor Pulls September 04, 2012 01:18AM
Just 2 days away!!!

Re: Lynn Indiana Truck and Tractor Pulls September 06, 2012 02:28PM
bump

Re: Lynn Indiana Truck and Tractor Pulls September 07, 2012 06:06AM
What is the weather like? Will there be a way to find out about pull starting tonight?

Re: Lynn Indiana Truck and Tractor Pulls September 07, 2012 06:38AM
AS OF RIGHT NOW THE PULL IS ON AND THE TIME IS 2:40PM!

Re: Lynn Indiana Truck and Tractor Pulls September 07, 2012 10:32AM
Was wondering who to call about tomorrows pull before leaving we r 4 and half hours away

Re: Lynn Indiana Truck and Tractor Pulls September 07, 2012 10:50AM
Jordan @ 7655461970

Re: Lynn Indiana Truck and Tractor Pulls September 07, 2012 12:22PM
Attention all pullers, we have moved Friday night's show to Sunday at 1:00 because of weather. All classes will be ran on Sunday. Any questions on classes, directions, pull or anything else please call Jordan @765-546-1970 or Jerimy @765-576-1250. Also Saturday's pull is still on, no changes to it. Thanks.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,948, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,033.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009