Extreme Machine.....? January 31, 2009 06:08PM
I keep hearing that this place gets it's stuff built or done elsewhere. Be nice 2 know 4 sure. Thanks.

Re: Extreme Machine.....? February 01, 2009 02:49AM
did you call them and ask if they do there own machine work?

Re: Extreme Machine.....? February 01, 2009 08:30AM
I know for a fact that he farms out some stuff, which is OK ,but he gives you the impression that he does everything in house. I know I dont like paying the middle man.

Re: Extreme Machine.....? February 01, 2009 09:14AM
there middle men in everything they do

Middle Men February 02, 2009 12:33AM
Everyone seems to act like a middle man is evil. The middleman might be the guy who does the engineering and design, the middle man might be the guy who does all the marketing, the middleman might be the guy who assembles the pieces and parts to get the exact finished product you want, the middle man might be the guy who analyzes product failure and make design change suggestions to the manufacturer. The middle man is not evil. There are times when; without the middle man you’d never hear of a product. There are times when; the middle man is just an idea man, but his ideas are ahead of the curve. There are times when the middle man is a crucial necessity.

Sure there are some guys that buy something, sand off the manufactures name and pass it off as their own, but there are other times when the middle man provides a valuable service.

There are very, very, very few products you can buy without a middle man, or in reality, multiple middle men. How many of you buy turbo charger directly from Holset? There’s a supply chain, and it employ most of the people in this country in some form or another.

These comments are in no way related to Extreme Machine, I don’t have any information how they do business or who they do business with. Rather, these comments are general comments regarding the intermediate middle men and the steps from the manufacturer to the end user.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Middle Men February 02, 2009 12:42AM
thats more like it then bull&*(& someone that you do it all and you know the rest

Re: jake February 02, 2009 12:46AM
why did you delete the 2respones

Re: jake February 02, 2009 01:35AM
Wow jake i thought you were better than deleting a post because it wasnt perfect talk about rockin ronnie. i guess freedom of speach doesnt apply here

Re: jake February 02, 2009 02:24AM
real joke you also seen them deleted I thought I did it and realized jakeor jack did it and nothing was to extreme started thread on easternextreme.com we all want the truth less bull^^^*^(............

Answers February 02, 2009 02:44AM
To: “what a joke”/”what a real joke”

I didn’t delete your initial comments for grammar/spelling, etc…. I deleted them because you were inappropriate. You made negative comments regarding a business and you didn’t include your name or phone number on your post. If your had written something like “My name is Joe Puller, I’m from near Central Bridge, NY, and my phone number is (518) 555-5555, I would have probably left your comments up.

As for freedom of speech, lets clear this up: this page is private property, it is privately owned be me and solely me. You do not have the right to say what you want, when you want, about whomever you want. Yes, I do allow people to post their comments and concerns regarding pulling, many of which is often disagree with. I leave 99.9% of posts regardless of content or whether I agree or disagree with the poster, or whether they spell correctly or incorrectly. If my discretion deems that a posts is incoherent and makes no sense then I can choose to delete it. It’s the right I’ve earned by paying over a decade worth of bills for this page. I’m sure there are some posts you think I should delete, and some posts you think I should leave, ultimately those decisions are mine (and a few members that I have given administrative privileges to).

Honestly I’ve only deleted a handful of incoherent posts since starting this page in 1997. Most posts get deleted because they are/were inappropriate (as your comments were).

If you have negative comments regarding a business or builder please feel free to share them, but also remember you must post your name as well as your phone number, if you don’t your post will be deleted. Even if you do post you name and number I still have the right to delete your comments at my discretion. Here’s the reason, by simple hosting this page, I not only loose money, but I also assume a level or risk and liability (I’m obviously not a very good business man loosing money and incurring unneeded risk). If you make libelous comments or comments detrimental to a business and subsequently hurt that business then the owner of that business can initiate legal action. By having your name and phone number I am passing the liability for your comments on to you. The business(es) can then pursue legal action against you with my full cooperation. I loose enough money with this page, I don’t need to get sued because you may have written something stupid.

Hope this helps clear the air.

To: puller2

This is going to sound a little harsh so I apologize in advance…

You need to proof read your responses and write them so they make sense. I read them multiple times and still had no idea what you were trying to say. I’m sure they made sense to you, but I don’t think anyone else reading them would have the first clue what you were trying to say.

Here’s an example from your post above:
“thats more like it then bull&*(& someone that you do it all and you know the rest”

Here are my questions:
- “thats more like it” - What’s more like it? What comments are you referring to that “it” is more like? Which of my comments specifically are you referring to?
- “and you know the rest” – Who knows the rest? I know the rest? Ron acts like he knows the rest? Ron acts like he knows everything? Everyone knows the rest? Honestly I don’t have the slightest clue who knows the rest.

I assume your trying to say: “A middle man should not BS someone that they do all of the work, when they actually do not”. Again, I assume that’s what you’re trying to say, but honestly I’m really just guessing because your sentence doesn’t make any sense.

I’m not trying to be mean, and I apologize if it sounds harsh, but I deleted your two posts because I didn’t have a clue what you were trying to say. I understand that everyone makes typos, and everyone misspells, but when you’re writing a single sentence it should be easy to take a few extra seconds to proof read what you’ve written.

Personally, my spelling is terrible, my grammar is horrible, and sometimes I don’t even understand what I’ve written, that’s why I write everything in Microsoft Word and do a spell and grammar check prior to posting. Then I proof read and wonder if everyone else will get the point I’m trying make. Then after all that I post (and still make plenty of mistakes, but at least I’ve tried to minimize them). Some people are good at writing, and some are not (I am not, luckily I’m not the only one)Winking

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Answers February 02, 2009 05:04AM
WE all know thanks

Re: jake February 02, 2009 05:16AM
Jake
Well then i guess that it kind of ruins the whole point of this fourm when you cant say anything that you dont think is right. Sorry Hitler, i thought that you could say what you believe on here but i guess i was wrong. I dont need to release my name, that has no bareing on the effect of my dealings with ron.

Is a decade long enough? February 02, 2009 06:06AM
First, the rules have been the same for a decade now, the policies of this page are nothing new, and by far nothing revolutionary. By the way, yes this page is a dictatorship, but I like to think I’m a benevolent dictator. It's no different than you inviting me over for dinner, it's your house, your rules, I can say anything I want at the diner table, but that doesn't mean you have to sit there and take it!

Second, yes your name does matter when you are speaking of negative dealings with Ron. Infact your name will give the world an idea of your character. If your going to defame the character of a business or individual then we need to know your character for credibility. It’s exactly why they have character witnesses in a court of law. Without your name and character you cannot testify AGAINST anyone.

If you say Ron did X, Y, and Z it may be true, but without your name Ron isn’t given the same chance to defend himself and tell his side of the story. Ron may have done X, Y, and Z, but the truth may be that you never paid him, or that you misused his product, or that you went against his instructions, etc... Without your name we’ll never get to hear both sides of the story.

The rules are extremely simple and extremely easy to follow. If you had a bad experience with Ron then simply put your name and phone number on your post and warn other people. If you had bad dealings and Ron is a crook (hypothetically) then it’s your obligation, and your moral imperative to warn others. If you had terrible dealings with him and you are too cowardly to put your name on your post then YOU are doing a huge disservice to the pulling community. In fact in Law it’s called guilty by omission, which make you as bad as the people committing the deed.

You have three choices:
- You can do the right thing and post a warning with your name and phone number
or
- You can be a coward an post negative comments anonymously and get deleted
or
- Worst of all, not post a warning with your name/number and let other people get shafted like you allegedly did

We all appreciate your warning and situation, but simply put your name/number on it.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: Extreme Machine.....? February 01, 2009 09:49AM
He can be hard to get ahold of at times.

Re: Extreme Machine.....? February 01, 2009 12:07PM
Ron has a good product and everthing he has sold us has been very dependable.

Re: Extreme Machine.....? February 01, 2009 12:46PM
What makes you think that Hypermax, Columbus, Rei, GMS, Wipe out etc don't use middle men?? You pullers don't have enough patience to wait for a shop to build something that does not use any middle men, not to mention that the cost goes up greatly when a shop builds everything. If you dont like paying the "middleman" build it yourself !!!!

Re: Extreme Machine.....? February 01, 2009 01:30PM
Have bought turbos from Ron in the past, had excellent results. If there ever was a problem he took care of it in a timely manner. Looking forward to doing more business with Extreme Machine in the future. Thanks Ron for the past years of great services. Looking forward to the new turbo!!!!!

Re: Extreme Machine February 01, 2009 01:38PM
You guys that are on here bashing Ron are the ones that are the joke! and you are not man enough to post your real name, do you see Columbus,Hyper, REI, or any of the other so called reliable builders putting up a $5,000 check to the winner of a class.that is a great insenitive. He's helping out the pullers and giving you a chance to pay for your turbo if you win a pull and then you get on here and try to bash him. I don't think the people on here talking bad about him are actually customers of him, because he stands behind his stuff and will do whatever it takes to make it right. Ron built me a limited prostock motor (540) and turbo and we had some issues with it not turning a big charger, he sent me I believe 5 differant new chargers and numerous housings, we changed cams, send me a differant head to try, all free of charge- I know the big 3 would not do that and he would send all this inbetween pulls from one weekend to the next.and we finally took it to the dyno and found out that it was a supply pump problem which did not come from him!! And no he does not own a $500,000 dollar plus cnc to do his own work, but he has first acess to a freind of his machine that he does his work on, and like someone else said there is always gona be a midle man somewhere unless you want to go the the scrap yard and torch out a turbo from a chunk of iron yourself. And if you were serious about a motor or turbo, and not just calling him picking for advice he will call you back, maybe he should charge as much as the big 3 and he could hire a secretary to comfort you when you call.

Re: Extreme Machine February 02, 2009 04:19AM
Ron has never done us wrong,there had been times he has helped us out when other's would not.It is nice to have someone local in a time of need!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Extreme Machine February 02, 2009 01:32PM
i just want to say that i have never had bad dealings w/RON . in fact i have had a lot of fun pulling with him for the past 9 years . so all you people that dont know him personally shouldnt bash someone you dont know .

Re: Extreme Machine February 02, 2009 05:49AM
I have been running rockin ronnies turbos since 2005. I have won 4 points championships in the 9300 sf and lps. I was also fortunate enough to win a 1st and a 2nd at bowling green, ohio. I now run his 3x3 and his 4.1 chargers, and they both work really well for my combination, and he stands behind his product.

Re: Extreme Machine February 02, 2009 07:36AM
are they his

Re: Extreme Machine February 02, 2009 11:31AM
Gary;
Ron is not the only company to put money back into pulling. Hypermax is a sponser of NTPA. CDS and REI both support OSTPA.. Ron's $5000. offer is great but will only reach one puller, if the winner is a customer of Ron's. Hyper, CDS and REI try to spread the wealth around by supporting various point funds and do not take the money home if you are not a customer.

Re: Extreme Machine February 02, 2009 12:44PM
Bobby, I never said Ron was the only company to put money back into pulling, I said he is putting up a 5000 check to the winner of a class do you see anyone else doing this. answer no, He also is a sponsor at the Keystone pull. yes I know Hyper supports ntpa and the others support some also, but this gives the guys that don't run on the national or even state level to take home a big check. Me personally I would rather go for a shot at 5000 than spread it around to 100 people and get 50 bucks. It helps him sell turbos I know, but isn't that what business is about.

Re: Extreme Machine February 02, 2009 01:00PM
and he don't take the 5000 all back home, he puts up 1000 or 1500 to the winner no matter what, then if you have his turbo you get the extra.

Re: Extreme Machine February 02, 2009 01:34PM
We have been doing business with Ron for several years now. I don't think we would have gotten the service that Extreme Machine has provided to us from any of the big three. He does stand behind his products and services. If something is not right, he will do everything he can to make it that way. There is no "warranty" in any motorsport. However, if you deal with Ron enough, it will be the closest that you can get to having one. Thanks for everything Extreme Machine Co. Looking forward to getting this season started.

Re: Extreme Machine February 04, 2009 08:29AM
Ron has done right by me. No one has all the answers or can say excatly how a combination will work for your application but it is nice to be able to speak with an unbias performance guy who has some pretty good experiance with pulling. As for the middle man thing no business is without some middle man.

Re: Extreme Machine February 06, 2009 06:49AM
whats ron run for a tractor and where can I whatch him

Re: Extreme Machine February 12, 2009 12:12AM
I see on other web not one person said he has the best charger in any of the pulling classes

Re: Extreme Machine February 12, 2009 12:20AM
puller2 On what other web ?

Re: Extreme Machine February 13, 2009 02:36AM
easternextreme.com

Re: Extreme Machine.....? February 02, 2009 04:24AM
Im looking forward to next year at Gordyville already 5,000 grand prize thats cool thats a hell of alot of money maybe it will encourage some of the other builders to bring money to the game of tractor pulling !

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,779, Posts: 229,954, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,037.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009