Ky altered farm stock 12K-13K class September 17, 2012 01:50PM
I think some pulling series in Ky or Southern Indiana area should think about adding a 12K-13K lb altered farm stock class. Make the rules simple like Indiana...every pull I go to there has 25-40+ tractors in this category. Example for altered tractor--JD needs to have no bigger than a 466 block, anything inside goes, (tons of hand me down parts are available), A pump, 3 inch turbo (an 850 A pump really needs at least a 3 inch turbo). No 50 or 60 series JDs. No bigger than a 55 series head. Can use water injection to help the life of the engine. Electric fans for safety. 20.8 tires. 14-18 mph/open? 20 inch hitch. 13,000 will allow cab tractors to pull. I know there are tons of ideas out there. This would be a great opportunity to pull Indiana/out of state tractors into Ky. In Indiana when they have an all stock pull it really brings in the crowds and tractors. Everyone has fun without complaining. Just an idea for a competitive and profitable organization--wish I had the time and/or money to get it going!

Re: Ky altered farm stock 12K-13K class September 17, 2012 02:30PM
I Agree with you but how do you plan on enforcing the cubic inch limit. Alot of your Indiana tractors that pull in the mph classes and open are over the 466 cubes.

Re: Ky altered farm stock 12K-13K class September 17, 2012 02:49PM
From what I read it was no cubic inch limit, just no 6030's, but then agian that is half the class of Indiana farm stocks so that wouldn't make any sense. Besides with those rules the farm stock tractors would be hotter than the strong class of ky hot farm tractors. Farm stock in southern Indiana is an anything goes class really intercoolers, unlimited cid, open rpms(yeah I know its supposed to be 3000 but I have seen sveral tractors run WAY over that when pulling since they have no box to enforce the rpm limits with). The current 9000, 11000, and 13000 farm classes in kentucky are running pretty hard in the grey area as to being farm stock. This is supposed to be a beginners class, but has gone away from being farm tractors into being a class of pullers only. There should probably be created a alterd farm class for these tractors to get them out of classes with actual farm tractors.

Re: Ky altered farm stock 12K-13K class September 17, 2012 05:16PM
I don't know where you pull at in souther Indian but half the tractors are NOT 6030. I agree it would be good if they could all get together on a set of rules

Re: Ky altered farm stock 12K-13K class September 18, 2012 04:43AM
I agree on the need for a class and rules. Southern indiana pullers so close on alot of things just cant seem to finish the deal. Heres my wish 510 cubes or less. That catches the 504 case and all the ford 474 and 456 along with ih and jd 466. 3 inch turbo and water . All have the rpm sensor and is used with hillbilly sleds. Hyattt needs to follow suit or quit doing farm classes. As for injector pump seems like the 8 or 12 mph takes care of that. Cant argue with numbers in those classes. Over twenty alot of times this past summer. The real kicker is getting somebody to enforce the rules.

Re: Ky altered farm stock 12K-13K class September 18, 2012 02:02PM
You all ready have classes like this in Kentucky it is called Hot Farm with BOB, ORVTPA, KTPA. They all have just about the same set of rules. Also in central KY you have the MIDKENTUCKYPULLERS they have a class called altered farm. Just a few years ago the hot farm in KY was a 2.5 turbo and a stock appearing pump at 470 cubes. Now its 2.75 and p pump.

Re: Ky altered farm stock 12K-13K class September 18, 2012 02:13PM
sounds like can of worms is a ford puller..lol doesnt like 6030s in the mph class and doesnt like jeff hyat.. well jeff does a great job and ur 510 limit is a joke, just because thats what ur outdated hot farm cubic inch is. nothing at all wrong with a 5010 5020 6030 in a mph class. if u cant hack it maybe u shoulkd go back to pulling........ nothing.

Re: Ky altered farm stock 12K-13K class September 19, 2012 01:12AM
Ok make it 531 cubes. Make you happy now si puller? Must be same guy that was crying bout 6030s at burney a couple of weeks ago. I have no prob with 6030s or any other color for that matter in the mph classes. Like the title says its a can of worms when it comes to talking bout this. Still some awful good pulling in southern indiana .

Re: Ky altered farm stock 12K-13K class September 18, 2012 02:58PM
Just need to make it 13-15 mph and no cut tires that way there is way less hassle for everyone.

466 block doesn't mean jack squat as far as just having 466-510 cubes anymore, and almost everyone has a non-factory intercooler.

No need to single out Case, Ford, Masseys or 5010/5020/6030 because they don't fit the 466 block rule. Just need an in-between for those who want to run faster than 6-8 mph and those that can't run with the 20 mph bunch.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2012 07:13PM by smokin4250.

Re: Ky altered farm stock 12K-13K class September 19, 2012 07:40AM
I think the less rules the easier it is, like ind. 20.8 tires (you may want to make it 20.8 and down, several have 18.4s), 20in. hitch, A-pump,water injection, 10-16 MPH and a open class,same brand engine as tractor,not a pound over the limit of the class,this will bring other guys from other states in ky., WE HAVE TO MANY ORGANIZATIONS, FIRE DEPT.,ETC.IN KY. need to raise money for special needs.Go to a indiana pull and it's very fun to pull and for the fans with there whole family to watch.You very very rarely see anyone complaining in ind. and us pullers want fans to come back and kids to see us as row models having fun. In ind. I see the lower horsepower tractors win all the time, run what you brung, don't complain over $125.00 or whatever, you will never profit.

Re: Ky altered farm stock 12K-13K class September 19, 2012 09:30AM
Also 3000RPM

Re: Ky altered farm stock 12K-13K class September 19, 2012 02:12PM
What our the rules for the classes you mention in ky.

Re: Ky altered farm stock 12K-13K class September 19, 2012 03:41PM
try going to (illiana pullers association) they have a really nice set of rules for a "farmstock" class that might be of some interest. they are in illinois

Re: Ky altered farm stock 12K-13K class September 19, 2012 04:38PM
I've never seen any rules in writing, but they say in quote 9-11-13lb. classes 2600 RPM, working PTO & lift arms, must look farm stock. There has been 2 guys dominate 1st and 2nd all season, one is a great guy, and the other complains before i unload my new tractor i made to run in ky. and other states,i've never seen a tractor win that's never pulled,i told him what i was doing and he said they will put a 100 ft. on you in ind., he beat me that nite,maybe he needs to go to other states and get some education, this is my 1st year pulling, that makes a boring show every time we pull, i finally worked the bugs out of my tractor and hope i can contend with them and others, if we had tractors from other states in ky. it would make it more fun and the crowds would love it, i pulled in indiana a couple week's ago 347 feet and the only thing different than the ky. so called rules i ran 3000RPM.

Re: Ky altered farm stock 12K-13K class September 21, 2012 03:50AM
These are the printed rules from a Shelby county fair flyer I had. These have been the rules for Shelby, Henry, and Spencer for several years and I think they are used at other fairs around here as well.

General Tractor Rules
All tractors entering in any class must comply with the following:
1) No Nitrous, Alcohol, or Propane assist will be allowed
2) 20.8-42 tire size limit. No altered tires or cut tires No duals.
3) Maximum drawbar height is 20 inches from ground. Minimum length of drawbar will be 20 inches from point of hook to center of rear axle. Hitching devices must be horizontal to ground and stationary in all directions. No hooking over drawbar support height. Hole for hooking must be at least 3 inches wide by 3.5 inches long. Track Officials must be able to hook sled chain from behind pan of sled, so all rear weights must be placed to allow this. NO ONE will be allowed to crawl under tractor to hook chain.
4) Any loss of ballast, fluid or parts other than from internal breakage will be grounds for disqualification while in motion.
5) No drivers under the age of 15 will be allowed to pull. Any driver under the age of 18 must have written permission by parent or legal guardian.
6) No weight bracket to exceed one foot in front of the furthermost point of tractor.
7) Participant may enter only one tractor per class. Participant may only drive one tractor per class.
8) All drivers must adhere to flag person at ALL times.
9) Drives must weigh at or under the specified weight for that class
10) Drivers must be seated at all times with at least one hand on the steering wheel at all times. Tractor must be operated in a safe manner at ALL times or will be disqualified.
11) If a tractor hits or crosses boundary marks, driver will be disqualified.
12) No “jerk” starting of sled all attempts must start with a tight sled chain
13) Only tractor and driver will be allowed within the boundary marks on track during pull attempt. Anyone else on the track during attempt will be grounds for disqualification.
14) Tractor has 3 minutes from time called to the sled to be hooked
15) No entries once class has started
16) No twisted clevises
17) Any driver wishing to file a protest can only protest a tractor in their class and the protestor’s tractor must be proven legal first. Any tractor protested or checked by an official found to not meet the criteria for a class will be disqualified from that class.
18) All tractors are subject to weigh-out and are subject to technical inspection before, during and/or after pull.
19) JUDGES DECISIONS ARE FINAL!- NO EXCEPTIONS

Factory Farm Stock Rules9,000, 11,000, 13,000
1) Pull is open to any diesel, or gas tractor which meets the following rules:
2) Each tractor must look standard for its year, make and model and appear out of the field. Factory substitutions or aftermarket add ons such as M&W turbos are allowed. Non factory replacements not allowed IE inline pump motors replacing rotary pump motors.
3) Must have working PTO
4) Must have three point hitch
5) Tractors may not exceed 2600 RPM –NO EXEPTIONS
6) Add on turbos will be permitted. The compressor housing inlet on the intake side of the turbo may be no larger than 2.3 inches (I.D)
7) No turbo slugs or sleeves allowed NO Bushings!
8) No water injection allowed
9) Tractors in this category must also comply with all General Tractor Rules
10) All Rules will be strictly enforced!
11) If you use a clevis to pull from, the hitch will be measured at the drawbar or the highest hooking point.
12) Pressed Steel wheels are permitted

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009