LLSS in Ohio October 04, 2012 01:15PM
I put a thread on here a while back about some sort of lighter class for the Ohio area. After all of the responses to adopt rules from the neighboring LLSS classes, I wanted to put these out there and see what you thought.
6500 lbs, 30.5 max tires (no pullers?), 310 cid and under twin charger, 370cid alcohol and 3x4, 480 cid diesel 3x4...

Its kind of a combination between the kentucky groups and the WNY pro farm group.

Re: LLSS in Ohio October 04, 2012 01:26PM
I cant figure how you call 6500 lbs light

Re: LLSS in Ohio October 04, 2012 01:27PM
Thinkin if you want some of the Ky tractors , why not stick with the rules they already have 470 ci and you gotta keep the weight down . 6000 lb is plenty , Tires are hard enough to find now so more sooner than later pullers might be all you can find .

Re: LLSS in Ohio October 04, 2012 01:42PM
First of all, the Ky tractors aren't going to drive 3+ hrs to pull in North East Ohio on a Thursday night in August. They already have plenty of pulls in their back yard. And really, the only difference is 10 cubes...

Re: LLSS in Ohio October 07, 2012 11:16AM
I wouldn't be so sure that the Kentucky, Michigan and or New York pullers wouldn't drive 3+ hours to pull in Ohio. There may be a rain out, a show they want to see, friends they want to visit, whatever. I was to a Kentucky show that got rained out and some of the LLSS pulled out for Tennessee. And what about the other direction? I think their (Kentucky, Mid South, etc.) season starts earlier and ends latter so Buckeyes could head down there to get some laps in before the Ohio season starts/ends. And lets not forget all the quality indoor winter shows that you can go to (Gordyville for example.) The whole point is, there is no need to create another Ohio only class just for the sake of a couple of tractors. Go with what is out there and working, PLEASE!!!

Re: LLSS in Ohio October 07, 2012 11:49AM
6500 lbs, 30.5 tires, 315 cid and under on alchol with twins, 370 ci on alcohol wth 3x4 turbo, 410 diesel with 3x4 and innercooler, 480 diesel with 3x4. That would accommodate both organizations.

Re: LLSS in Ohio October 04, 2012 02:16PM
Go to ORVTPA.ORG or bluegrasspulling.com and copy/paste the LLSS rules, they work good and just makes since to run the same rules as the guys already in the class. Im not sure of many 312 twins running up north i think most have went to the bigger ci option. The only way the class will grow is to keep the rules the same from org to org, im not sure what the diesel rules in Mich are but i know the alky rules are the same. 6000lb weight and have to let the pullers in, the 30.5s are getting hard enough to find as it is. LLSS would grow like wild fire in ohio if its done rite, good color and puts on a great show!

Re: LLSS in Ohio October 04, 2012 02:27PM
Diesel rules for Michigan are 315 and under twin 3x4 chargers allowed, Under 410 single 3x4 and an intercooler, Max of 470 and a single 3x4 charger.

Re: LLSS in Ohio October 04, 2012 02:36PM
I'd lean more toward one set of rules or the other. On that note, I'd much prefer WNY rules.

Still planning on calling you, been busy lately

Re: LLSS in Ohio October 04, 2012 03:42PM
WNY rules dont look bad other then the 24.5s and the no decubing, a lot of tractor in KY and Mich running 30.5's (not to say you cant run 24.5s and win bc it happens in ky a lot) and when you take the dcubed motors out takes a lot of rides out of being able to run. With the 3 inch charger rule 370CI is 370CI, the decubed motors dont run all over the smaller cubed motors down here.

Re: LLSS in Ohio October 06, 2012 01:02AM
On the no decubing subject, are there any alcohol tractors down south that are decubed on alcohol that dominate the class or even have the potential too?

Re: LLSS in Ohio October 05, 2012 12:33AM
I actully like these rules better than those I have heard in the past. As long as whatever class is started is not diesel only. Let me ask you Firefarm, what don't you like about the ORVTPA rules? Why not just use those rules? I don't have a problem with new rules except that if we build a tractor it would be nice to be able to pull with as many places as possible, and using the same rules help do that. Also I would like to see 6000lb or 6200lb at most.

Re: LLSS in Ohio October 05, 2012 07:20AM
seems like 20.8 38 tires would be a lot easier to find and more economical. and i think the lighter the better. lighter weight=higher gear=higher speed

Re: LLSS in Ohio October 05, 2012 12:31PM
at FPP (USA-EAST) we also have some interest in this type of tractor class. and since we are in between the Ohio group and the WNY group geographically, we are taking a 'wait and see' view on the rules. it is very important that a set of rules allows pullers from both Ohio and NY to participate in the class in order to have sufficient numbers of tractors.

Re: LLSS in Ohio October 10, 2012 01:32PM
Wnypfp rules work really well.7 different winners in 16 event! Personal opinion here that
6000lbs tends to favor alcohol tractors who rely on rpms to gain speed,less weight equals more speed for them whereas a diesel uses that weight and it's torque vs alkys horsepower and speed.just an opinion.6500 works well for us easier for more tractors to make weight and spend money to make hp.as for decubing we won't allow it,alky already makes more power than diesel and better head flow just enhances that even more not rocket science here. This supposed to be for small blocks it's not theLSS class it's the LLSS class.as for our tire limits we just wanted to keep some of the money out of it.quick overview of our rules,alky 370cid,3x4,no coolers ; diesel 315cid,3x4twins,intercoolers ;410cid,3x4,intercoolers;479cid,3x3,no coolers. 24.5s no HP s. It works for us, winners came from each one of these set of rules! Makes it competitive and fun!!

Re: LLSS in Ohio October 05, 2012 07:18PM
To bp4455. The 20.8 tire in the llss class is a bad idea. You can't hook that little tire to anything with the power that these tractors make at 6000 lbs. It has been attempted. They work great on tractors in the same horse power range at 8500lbs +. Also they are not much....if at all lighter than 30.5s. A firestone 30.5 whether it be ag 10 ply, puller 8 ply or puller 10 ply will weigh in anywhere between 350 to 400 lbs each on Midwest aluminum wheels. Also with the 20.8 you lose the stability that the wider tire offers. Your gonna take some wild rides if by chance you can get a set of 20.8s to hook up on a llss tractor. Ky llss rules say min 18.4-38. I will say this, there is no one running them in llss at this time. I would be willing to bet that they don't just run the 30s because they look cool.

Re: LLSS in Ohio October 06, 2012 01:20PM
To watcher:
What kind of power do these LLSS tend to make? I wouldnt have guessed over 1800-2000hp. That being said, i see your point about stability. I just wondered about alternative tire sizes because the 24.5 and 30.5s seem very scarce and VERY expensive. IS the LLSS component or tractor chassis?

Re: LLSS in Ohio October 07, 2012 10:09AM
LLSS are ag chassis tractors, Im not sure if there is a video or not but friday night in etwon ky the llss class had 23 tractors in the class from 5 states. I can think of 10 to 12 tractors that went there. The tire rule in ORV/BOB./KTPA says min tire size 18.4 and max of 30.5 so you can run whatever you would like or think will work the best. These rules work and work good, i hope you guys would look into somthing to where these rules could be set to where this could become more of a regional class. If somone could post a video it might help show what a great show this class can put on!

Re: LLSS in Ohio videos October 08, 2012 03:09AM
Here is the only Badger State LLSS video I've been able to find on YouTube.

As for other areas, there are lots of videos of them.

ORVTPA :

KTPA:

MTPA:

MMTTPA:

BOB:

Re: LLSS in Ohio October 07, 2012 10:28AM
I wouldn't think they're over 1500 hp with most 1200 or less. someone who knows more than me feel free to jump in and correct me though.

Re: LLSS in Ohio October 07, 2012 11:53AM
Yes probably 1200 to 1300 would cover most all of them.

Eric Prewitt
The Prewitt Pulling Team
Public Relations for
The Pulling Radio Network

Re: LLSS in Ohio October 07, 2012 10:30AM
I would say thats about rite but at 6000lb it puts on a good show on a good track!!

Re: LLSS in Ohio October 09, 2012 03:55AM
the class makes a lot more sense than superfarm. Im aa massey guy,With the cube limits it looks like a good class for an 1130. Im sure its way out of my budget though. haha

Re: LLSS in Ohio October 09, 2012 01:24PM
[www.youtube.com]

That is the class from etown last weekend, 23 in the class from 5 states, diesel in the top 3.

Re: LLSS in Ohio October 09, 2012 08:08AM
I would love to see that class in northeast ohio! It seems everyone up here is stuck on heavy weight big cubes and skinny tires. If this becomes a reality I am very interested in the llss please keep us posted on any more info or upcoming meetings.

Re: LLSS in Ohio October 10, 2012 03:56AM
I would like to see this class here in Ohio also, But need to have all rules common with other orgs so we all can go back and forth to a pull if we want to, the more common the rules are the more the class will grow and take off

Re: LLSS in Ohio October 10, 2012 12:17PM
Im in Ohio as well and have been interested in pulling LLSS for awhile. Just been too far away from most of the hooks in KY and in a situation to build one now. Is anyone doing any leg-work to get the ball rolling? Any sanctioning bodies interested in picking up the class? I would prefer to keep the weight at 6000lbs also. Make sure the rules are close to ORVTPA rules. It definitely seems to work and lots of color. Id be interested in helping organize this, but not exactly in northeast part of the state. Light weight, realistic cubes and the 3x4 turbo is what makes this class work.

Re: LLSS in Ohio October 12, 2012 11:53PM
A couple a years ago there was a bunch of LLSS guys go to a pull somewhere in Ohio that wasn't even a LLSS pull. They pulled with the LSS guys. If the Ohio bunch will abopt the rules that they run in ky I'd bet you'd be surprised how many of the guys would make the trip north. Big reason the guys don't hook with mid south bunch is because their rules suck and thier not gonna pay the membership for like 3-5 hooks or whatever they had. Start the class and they will come.

Re: LLSS in Ohio October 13, 2012 03:56AM
I would like to see someone get this class going soon so we can deside what direction to go, as we need time to build units for this divison, i believe you would have several people interested in this class of tractors, need to have someone like FFP or Central Ohio Pullers, or even OSTPA pick this up and run with it. But keep all rules same as other orgs, dont try and change alot. jmo.

Re: LLSS in Ohio October 14, 2012 01:24AM
Rules will be posted on here shortly, please be patient. I think every one will like them as well.

Re: LLSS in Ohio October 14, 2012 08:49AM
ks2 ???????????????
Do not understand that statement.

Eric Prewitt
The Prewitt Pulling Team
Public Relations for

Re: LLSS in Ohio October 15, 2012 12:22PM
All I was getting at is there are better organizations to pull with than central ohio and I would rather leave it in the shed than pull with them. Now that's just my opinion. I really do hope this class gets off the ground in Ohio though.

Re: LLSS in Ohio October 15, 2012 01:11PM
What other orginazation are you thinking?

Re: LLSS in Ohio October 16, 2012 03:12AM
I understand a lot of the concerns, but after this class has been running here in Kentucky for several years. With a 3" inlet charger that restricts how much air you can get into the engine, along with the size of cubes. Yes the bigger Heads for the IH and JD may help on fuel atomization, but as for an abundent amount of power it is just not going to happen.
The 480 cube limit on Diesel may be a plus, it is proven that the Diesel struggles just a little. In Kentucky we added the Map to the charger last year, trying to even it up a little. I personally do not think they need a lot to make them consistently in the hunt for a win.
It is getting to a point here in Kentucky, that experience and driving is a big part of what it takes to win. We have had a lot of fun the past couple of years, and would love to see other organizations start running it.

Eric Prewitt
The Prewitt Pulling Team
Public Relations for

Re: LLSS in Ohio October 16, 2012 04:02AM
Thanks Eric. Just trying to melt the 2 orginaziations together without causing too many new problems.

Re: LLSS in Ohio October 16, 2012 04:14AM
Firefarm you are welcome, sometimes hard to start something new, but will help any way I can.

Eric Prewitt
The Prewitt Pulling Team
Public Relations for

Re: LLSS in Ohio October 14, 2012 05:33AM
Anyone except Central Ohio pullers.you as a puller don't even get a vote on the board of directors class reps nothing. It is ran like a dictatorship. I would love to be in a llss class but I won't waste my time or money if those clowns are involved.

Re: LLSS in Ohio October 15, 2012 05:06AM
I agree with ks2.

Re: LLSS in Ohio October 15, 2012 07:00AM
Do not understand the comment, what is it you are getting at there

Eric Prewitt
The Prewitt Pulling Team
Public Relations for

Re: LLSS in Ohio new post October 15, 2012 01:09PM
After talking to alot of the Kentucky guys and the NY guys, I wanted to get a few more opinions on some questions that I have.

The NY guys are at 480cid for the diesels. Only 10 more cubes but it allows the hercules and ford truck motor in without having to decube. Thats fine with me but they only allow them a 3x3 charger. The KY tractors are allowed a 3x4. Is 3x3 enough to compete with the spark tractors?

The NY group does not allow decubing. If thats the case, then you cannot build a 6 cyl ford alcohol engine. Is there a problem in the KY groups with any of the bigger blocks on alcohol being dominant?

I'd like to keep the weight at 6500 lbs. There are a few tractors in the area that are close to fitting the rules and most are currently pulling 62-6500.

Re: LLSS in Ohio new post October 15, 2012 01:36PM
480cubes is fine witht he smokers, 10 cubes isnt going to make a huge difference, but the smokers need the 3x4 charger. As far as the bigger blocks on alcohol being dominant, the 2 alky tractors that won the most this year were a 5.9 cummins and a 354 perkins. The fords, Ih (414) and the JD (404) are rite in the mix and do win but as long as you keep the 3X4 smooth bore (for the alky, MAP for smoke) it keeps the big blocks held back. With the KY rules the NY guys can still run, and even run a bigger charger if they like. it would be a great way for this class to keep growing in the region. Hope this helps some

Re: LLSS in Ohio new post October 16, 2012 12:26AM
What about the 410cid, 3x4 with cooler?

Re: LLSS in Ohio new post October 16, 2012 01:34AM
It's also a competitive combo, just hard to tech. Can't tell the differece between a 414 w a cooler and a 466 w a cooler.

Re: LLSS in Ohio new post October 16, 2012 01:50AM
What if the no decubing rule was in effect for that combination. 414 wouldn't be legal with a cooler anyhow...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2012 01:52AM by Firefarm.

Re: LLSS in Ohio new post October 16, 2012 02:59AM
Ok what about the ford smokers there is a 401 then also the bigger cube motors. I would look at llss rules already running the 410 cooler role and see what they have done to make it work, like its been said before as long as you keep the charger rules as they are the decubed motors arnt going to kill the class just makes for different combos

Re: LLSS in Ohio new post October 16, 2012 09:26AM
I think you should allow for decubing, so the Ford can run alcohol. 10 cubes extra for the diesels is also a good idea so you can run a 478. I would really like to see no more than 6200 lbs. Lighter weight = a better show IMO, almost all brands can make that comfortably with some work. Is there going to be a meeting about this? I think it should be soon.

Re: LLSS in Ohio October 16, 2012 02:30PM
If there are any prospective Ohio pullers that would be interested in this class, give me a call or send me an email, 419-295-6897 or firefarm@hotmail.com

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,736, Posts: 229,872, Members: 3,333.
This forum: Topics: 37,086, Posts: 225,986.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM