Best Farm Stock/2Hot2Farm pull in the Midwest January 21, 2013 11:06AM
So, since its only like -40 outside, I've been watching a lot of pulling action on youtube, and got to wondering where the best farm stock/2 hot 2 farm pull is in the midwest? Ohio? Indiana? Illinois? Iowa? Wisconsin? Where is the best competition? Most entries? 3000 rpm, stock appearing pump, 20.8's farm class. Looking for maybe a roadtrip for some competition with the 1066 to see if we have what it takes to win anywhere.

Lets hear whats the best...

Re: Best Farm Stock/2Hot2Farm pull in the Midwest January 21, 2013 01:27PM
Great Plains pullers in nw Iowa has a really tough 3000 rpm class.

you must not mind drama Winking January 22, 2013 05:36AM
Anyone volunteering to be a tech inspector has lost there marbles but I respect that decision. Give me a date and place I'll show up. Earlville IA has a nice spot for pulling, spectating and parking. Smiling

Re: you must not mind drama Winking January 22, 2013 11:06PM
I guess it all depends on what Farm Stock is. Apparently some Orgs. think that is 640 cubes 3 in charger. Jefferson Ia. has a real good pull, 10200lbs, 3lm, A pump, 3000 rpms, 20.8s, 466, 504 Case. Always a good class.

Re: you must not mind drama Winking January 23, 2013 06:24AM
How far away is Earlville from Dubuque?? What would the payout be? Any hot tractors up that way? I want competition, 18-20mph..

Re: Best Farm Stock/2Hot2Farm pull in the Midwest January 21, 2013 07:59PM
How about a "MIDWEST FARMSTOCK CHAMPIONSHIP". How cool would that be? Count me out for tech inspector. Lol

Re: Best Farm Stock/2Hot2Farm pull in the Midwest January 22, 2013 03:51PM
The northern Indiana/southern Michigan farm stock guys are pretty hot. I don't know if they're the hottest anywhere, but most of them would be well advised to add 3-bar roll cages in my opinion. That should say something.

Re: Best Farm Stock/2Hot2Farm pull in the Midwest January 23, 2013 06:12AM
Arthur, what kind of rules do they have if any? Will they black ball someone if they aren't from the area? Whats the best pull in that area?

Re: Best Farm Stock/2Hot2Farm pull in the Midwest January 24, 2013 02:08AM
I don't think there is an association with rules, there are just a collection of tractors that all make the rounds of the county fairs and other "brush" type pulls. The rules would be set and enforced by the venue. A handful of the places I see these tractors are Elkhart Co. Fair (IN), Cass Co. Fair (MI), Berrien Co. Fair (MI), and the Old Tractor Show at Hartford, MI. Elkhart and Hartford are probably the best pulls in that list. One fair I see them at enforces RPM rules so they're all running 3000, but the rest of the time all bets are off. Uncut tires and air shut offs seem standard.

As far as blackballing someone, I don't know. I talk to a few of the guys and they seem pretty nice. However in 2011 at Cass they had a "12000 Open" class. We said "are you guys sure you mean open?" They said, "yep!" When a few of us rolled into the staging lane for that class with super farms the whining started. Eventually we made exhibition passes, they felt it wasn't fair because of the cut tires.

Re: Best Farm Stock/2Hot2Farm pull in the Midwest January 24, 2013 04:33AM
Sw Wisc has 2hot2 farm,15-20 mph,20.8s,3000rpm,maybe some miore rules coming. Lancaster,Mineral point,Potosi,Darlington,Cuba City,Platteville, Richland Center,and some eastern Iowa

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,639, Posts: 229,705, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,903.

Our newest member JD_8520