My Opinion, should the NFMS bring in the Lmt. PS or Lt. PS class February 20, 2013 07:51AM
Zach Howell
There is always the usual chatter after the NFMS about the need to give the show a facelift. The talk always is around classes that need to be dropped or added to the show. Not wanting to be left out of the armchair quarterback game I would like to add my worthless two cents to the debate. I do agree that the diesel FWD needs to be replaced, now the question is should it be another FWD class or should the committee bring in another hooded class. If the committee decides to bring a FWD class it will naturally be the PPL-NTPA type of FWD class. However if the committee decides that another hooded class is what the fans want, then I think that a good choice would be the NTPA Light Pro Stock class, now before the legions of 4.1 Limited Pro Stock class fans
Click here for the rest of the article

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: My Opinion, should the NFMS bring in the Lmt. PS or Lt. PS class February 20, 2013 09:42AM
well said. i really hope to see more of the light pro class in the days ahead. honestly i think its the only high-power class that even remotely resembles real tractors.

Re: My Opinion, should the NFMS bring in the Lmt. PS or Lt. PS class February 20, 2013 12:09PM
I will say its a farm machinery show lets put some farm tractors 5500 and 6500 farm tractors

Re: My Opinion, should the NFMS bring in the Lmt. PS or Lt. PS class February 20, 2013 01:07PM
LT LIMITED SUPER STOCK BE A GOOD CLASS. LOTS OF COLOR BOTH TYPE OF FUELS GREAT CLASS TO WATCH. LIMIT THE CLASSES TO ONE NIGHT NOT TWO OR THREE NIGHTS OF THE SAME STUFF LOWER THE PRICES OF THE SEATS LOT OF EMPTY ONE

Re: My Opinion, should the NFMS bring in the Lmt. PS or Lt. PS class February 20, 2013 03:54PM
Llss is a great class but would be a disaster at the nfms. These tractors simply do not do well on a shorter power track. Light and limited pros would put on a great show but not a good fit either. The NFMS is the big dance, simply put it is the place for grand national/ champions tour classes not regional or state level classes amd that is where the classes offered at the show should come from.

Re: My Opinion, should the NFMS bring in the Lmt. PS or Lt. PS class February 20, 2013 04:22PM
my 2¢
The NFMS is the big dance, simply put it is the place for grand national/ champions tour classes not regional or state level classes amd that is where the classes offered at the show should come from.

Then why do we have diesel trucks...? Oh, that's right, to try to get more butts in the seats/money.

John Murray
Two-time Pedal Pull World Champion

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Re: My Opinion, should the NFMS bring in the Lmt. PS or Lt. PS class February 20, 2013 06:36PM
Put in the mini rods ! ! ! Grinning

Re: My Opinion, should the NFMS bring in the Lmt. PS or Lt. PS class February 20, 2013 09:33PM
I'm not sure what to bring in but one things for sure the diesel truck class is a flop and needs to become a thing of the past. Three years of bad with this year being the worst if it was a tractor class it would be gone. I've been going for alot of years and it was the worst class I've had to watch since I've been going. The reason I said "had to watch" is because you can't leave and come back win the good classes start. I know a state level class isn't what they want, but there is a HUGH selection of 4.1 lim pro out there that probably would make the super farms look boring also. As Dick Morgan said, just my worthless two cents worth. So mr farm show committee PLEASE give us what we are paying for, " A HIGH QUAILTY SHOW!!!" I can watch junk classes at home all summer long!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2013 09:35PM by farmall puller.

Re: My Opinion, should the NFMS bring in the Lmt. PS or Lt. PS class February 21, 2013 12:33AM
the limited pro without a second thought would be the most successful choice the committee could make. i watch pulls through out the midwest, and when i catch a 4.1 class its always a good one. In this class also there would be a large selection of very good tractors to chose from. Ive seen some nice equipment from iowa, wisconsin, and missouri.

Re: My Opinion, should the NFMS bring in the Lmt. PS or Lt. PS class February 21, 2013 12:57AM
In talking with an engine builder last month, he said the Super Farm class is waning now anyway because guys are making the switch to Light Pro stock or the Limited Pro stock classes, at least they are in Ohio. So I don't think it really matters if adding a 4.1 class to the NFMS makes the SF guys mad, since some of those very same SF guys are jumping ship in favor of a 4.1 tractor.

Re: My Opinion, should the NFMS bring in the Lmt. PS or Lt. PS class February 21, 2013 03:09AM
Why not get rid of the 2wd trucks and any gas class for that matter i have noticed every time a gas class starts majority of the people in the stands are usually in the hallway while gassers pull and why do the gas classes always have time to mess around the tractors are always right there ready to go when gassers take forever to get up to the sled

Re: My Opinion, should the NFMS bring in the Lmt. PS or Lt. PS class February 22, 2013 12:22AM
No, you can't get rid of the twd's, when would I run to the bathroom and grab another drink?

Re: My Opinion, should the NFMS bring in the Lmt. PS or Lt. PS class February 22, 2013 03:42AM
drop super farm and diesel trucks altogether,bring in LLSS for saturday afternoon and put either LT. PS or Limt. PS in saturday afternoon, move LSS to the super farm spot during the week and put them in the saturday night finals...the place had tons of empty seat every session and even some on saturday night.but nothing will happen cause the farm pull committee won't do anything till the place is empty.

Re: My Opinion, should the NFMS bring in the Lmt. PS or Lt. PS class February 23, 2013 02:00AM
IH407 that's not even close to accurate. I was there and watched the crowd, it was not any noticeably thinner for the 2wds than it was any other class.

Re: My Opinion, should the NFMS bring in the Lmt. PS or Lt. PS class February 21, 2013 05:13AM
The Light Pro class would be an ideal fit, and good starting place for the Committee to make some much needed changes to a very stale show.

Light Pros will:

* Provide much needed color to the show
* Have several new and up-n-coming pullers
* Provide a large number of tractors many have not seen
* Provide an ideal size selection pool, for one new session (plenty of tractors to pick from, but not so many the majority have to stay home)

Plus, they are a high HP single charger diesel class, which the NFMS audience will love.

Make the first change by adding the Light Pros!!!

Re: My Opinion, should the NFMS bring in the Lmt. PS or Lt. PS class February 21, 2013 05:48AM
Everyone likes to talk about the 4.1 class not having color! They have more color than any! There are your typical red and green. There are two masseys, one in missouri and one in Illinois! There are two agco tractors in Nebraska. There are the two cases in Missouri! There is a brand new oliver coming out of nebraska this year! There is a brand new v8 from Wisconsin coming out this year, not sure if it is a oliver or white! So everyone wants to talk about color, the 4.1 class has just as much color as any!

Re: My Opinion, should the NFMS bring in the Lmt. PS or Lt. PS class February 21, 2013 07:53AM
Lt Pro! I would start going again for sure if some of our Mod Turbo guys make the show!

J R
Eastern Extreme Pulling
www.easternextremepulling.com
EEPPULLINGVIDEOS

Pro Pulling Magazine
Hook Magazine

Re: My Opinion, should the NFMS bring in the Lmt. PS or Lt. PS class February 22, 2013 12:03AM
Remove super farm and diesel trucks. Add Lt pro and 4.1 limited pro. Gotta keep the mods and twd truck, people do like to see them too.

Re: My Opinion, should the NFMS bring in the Lmt. PS or Lt. PS class February 21, 2013 04:57PM
IMO, I think they should take out the 4wd & the 2wd trucks. I have noticed over the past few years that the majority of people get up & go in the hallway when these classes come up. I talked to a few people this year & they said they would rather them be ran at the end or not at all. I would really, really like to see the Light Limited Pro class & a Hot Farm class come in there.

Re: My Opinion, should the NFMS bring in the Lmt. PS or Lt. PS class February 21, 2013 10:00PM
Light Pro would be my choice.

Re: My Opinion, should the NFMS bring in the Lmt. PS or Lt. PS class February 22, 2013 01:55AM
Replace SF with Lt. Pro and replace diesel trucks with mini's. Super farm is dead, I enjoyed the crappy truck class more than any of the SF classes. But I'd really love to see mini's back on Sat. afternoon!

Re: My Opinion, should the NFMS bring in the Lmt. PS or Lt. PS class February 22, 2013 05:03AM
I think the Light Pros should be the first class added to the show for next year, and then the 4.1 class could be added in 2015. I would love to see both classes eventually replace the FWD trucks and SF.

Re: My Opinion, should the NFMS bring in the Lmt. PS or Lt. PS class February 26, 2013 01:49PM
For the fans the 4.1 is the only way for the NFMS to go. You will get to see all the old superfarm grand national tractors that all the fans know so well. The fans should know who is pulling there, it is not a place to go to see up and coming pullers it is where you go to see the best. Light pro may be ready after the class grows throughout the country and they get a bigger fan base.

Re: My Opinion, should the NFMS bring in the Lmt. PS or Lt. PS class February 22, 2013 04:49AM
i still feel u need a pro mod 4x4 class on saturday afternoon. send the diesel 4x4 packing already.probaly going to upset some people, but ialso say drop prostocks on saturday afternoon for simple reason if one would have major problem and make finals could be hard to fix in time.then i would bring lim pro or 4.1class in its place.again just one mans opinoin,but diesel 4x4 need to go NOW!!!. ithink we can all agree with that.

Re: My Opinion, should the NFMS bring in the Lmt. PS or Lt. PS class February 22, 2013 06:02PM
I agree the diesels didn't put on a good show. Was surprised when the haisleys made the comment they werent expecting a good track? Its the nfms they always have a good track. I disagree with totally getting rid of the trucks. If it was an all tractor show Im sure they'd lose a lot of spectators. I know I wouldn't go. Bring back the mod 4x4 trucks there's a lot of good ones from all over And normally put on a good show. I like the limited pro class but nfms is and should be the best of the best. Limited pro isnt a grand national class yet. Also you run into the issue of having three classes that when ran together will look fairly similar. as for the noise complaint why isnt anyone complaining About the mods? As for complaints about exhaust in the arena your at a tractor pull not a garden club meeting. I was 3 rows away from the top and didn't have an issue. I also didn't notice any large group of people leaving for any one class, in my opinion the 2 wheel drives put on a good show and as of late has been a growing class So as u can see I'm for the mod trucks and I also like the mini rod idea too. They also put on a awesome show. Let's keep the nfms the best of the best as it should be.

Re: My Opinion, should the NFMS bring in the Lmt. PS or Lt. PS class February 23, 2013 01:58AM
my opinion is that they should drop one of the 3 pro stock sessions before they add anything else that remotely resembles a pro stock tractor (light pro, lim pro, etc.) first off I think 2 sessions of any one class is plenty. there is more than enough variety nation wide to get away from having to run 3 sessions of one class. adding another session of some type of pro stock class on top of the other 3 is going to be confusing to the people there watching the pull. only us die hard fans will understand what the difference is and what's going on.

Re: My Opinion, should the NFMS bring in the Lmt. PS or Lt. PS class February 23, 2013 12:54PM
I beleive they ought to add a friday afternoon sescion. Have the 4.1, 466 8200lb limited pro, and the 4 wheel drive gas truck class. There is getting to be alot more people at the show for the week. And I sure would like to be able to pull there. Have a great Dale

Re: My Opinion, should the NFMS bring in the Lmt. PS or Lt. PS class February 27, 2013 04:49AM
Ok in my opinion 2wd trucks have been and always will be a the " WASPS" of tractor and truck pulling and Super Stock trucks do not need to be pulled inside they need there space. Like said earlyer when the 2wd come up, half the stands go to bathroom or get something to eat. I think Light Pro will go be there next year but 4.1 would be great considering that super farm is slowly dieing and the class is realy fun to watch. But Louisville will always be Louisville, Real Pulling is at the County Fair.

"Next generation of pulling"

Re: My Opinion, should the NFMS bring in the Lmt. PS or Lt. PS class February 27, 2013 04:52AM
I'm not defending the 2wd trucks, but we need to deal with facts here. I watched the crowd closely for each class in each session this year. it was not any noticeably thinner during the 2wd trucks than any other. In layman's terms, no more people got up and left during that class than any other.

Re: My Opinion, should the NFMS bring in the Lmt. PS or Lt. PS class February 26, 2013 09:04AM
Been going to Louisville to the pulls for years, the Diesel Trucks were very disappointing. They sure are not selling tickets, I bought 2 tickets through Ticketmaster on Saturday Morning and they were section 135 Row A.I went just for Prostock and LSS. I think they need to look at a few classes to possibly rotate on a three year basis, like LLSS, Light Pro, and Limited Pro, and even a Diesel truck or Gas 4×4 or Light Mod. Give more people the chance to pull in Louisville. And everyone that cries about Best of the best, well they are right but I think it is time to get back to the roots of how it got started. And drop the ticket prices they are getting ridiculous.

Eric Prewitt
The Prewitt Pulling Team
Public Relations for
The Pulling Radio Network

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,793, Posts: 229,997, Members: 3,340.
This forum: Topics: 37,103, Posts: 226,071.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009