Re: Natural Super Stock Videos from 2013 Dekalb Pull March 06, 2013 03:58PM
GOOD JOB ED !!!!!

Re: Natural Super Stock Videos from 2013 Dekalb Pull March 06, 2013 04:48PM
Great Job Ed!

Lets see a couple years ago it was fuel injection.

Since then it was nitro methane.

Let me guess, this year you ran a turbo in a NA class!

Stand tall. Be proud?

Re: Natural Super Stock Videos from 2013 Dekalb Pull March 08, 2013 12:49PM
Great Job!
Great Job Ed!

Lets see a couple years ago it was fuel injection.

Since then it was nitro methane.

Let me guess, this year you ran a turbo in a NA class!

Stand tall. Be proud?
Since your making statements you know little about lets clear up some facts,not hearsay or gossip. We, my son and I made it known at the year end meeting which I believe was 4 years ago,we ran fuel injection for the last 3 pulls of that year. prior to that we tried everything to make that carburetor work including pressurizing the carburetor. We made no secret or tried to hide it. We also didn't know we would keep it on. By doing this I thought it would open the door for others who were doing creative things to their carburetors! We knew the rules and our tractor didn't fit. We had no intentions of pulling with tri state the following year. We were asked repeadly if we would take the injection off. The injection system allowed the size of the plentum to be used effeciently. I had no intentions of going backwards. Tri state changed the rules for small blocks to use injection. My personel opinion is for any size engine to use injection. So whats your problem with this??? Nitro methane? Really! Facts, Data, or idol gossip? Seems everybody buys Powermist fuel and additives from one person in Indiana. Didn't make sense for me to go thru him since I live in Mich. and there are no dealers in Mich. or at least none in 2011. So I dealt with the company myself. The information I was given about the fuel and additive was the same as what was sold to the dealer in Indiana and was used by the majority of the pullers in tri state. I had issues with fuel setting and timing using this fuel not to mention excessive rust on intake ports. The 3/4's of the barrel was traded with another puller for a barrel of pure alcohol. I was told that barrel did not pass the hydrometor test, I don't believe the hydrometor has the ability to tell you if its nitro methane? I was told after it failed the test one person smelled Nitro all year long. Amazing since 25% of the barrel was missing. I wonder if the person smelling it sent his nose hairs in for testing???? Before I agreed to participate and support the Eaton pull this year I demanded that my tractor fuel be tested or I wasn't comming. I don't care if anyone elses fuel is tested, I couldn't care less, but mine was to be tested and was. I understand they have a new hydrometor, what was wrong with the old one? Testing the fuel before the pull in the pit area was to eliminate idol gossip. Dont forget the time, and this came up twice that we were accused of running a over size butterfly in the carburetor. This should make you laugh, the size we were accused of running was bigger than the OD of the carburetor thoat. So Great Job go to your breakfast club and start the rumor we have a turbo hidden in the carburetor we use as a throttle body. That should keep rumor control employed for a while. PS my name is ed shoobridge, whats yours???????????????

Re: Natural Super Stock Videos from 2013 Dekalb Pull March 09, 2013 08:13AM
Ed , I would be really surprised if the sarcastic comments came from any members in the Tri State club. All the club members know how hard it is to campaign one of these tractors let alone win, especially with a small block. I know you realize that comments like this come from jealousy and envy. Its all part of the territory of winning. I hope you won't hold a grudge against the club because of someone's ignorance Good Job Ed

Re: Natural Super Stock Videos from 2013 Dekalb Pull March 07, 2013 01:14AM
I really enjoy watching this class on video. Where is this class offered? Does it have a comparable class in Iowa or Nebraska?

Re: Natural Super Stock Videos from 2013 Dekalb Pull March 08, 2013 03:47AM
Glad you liked the videos. Our pullers are from eastern Indiana, Michigan and Ohio. We are a group of about 12 to 14 members with 7 brands of tractors represented. As you can see from the videos, we are all pretty competitive. Our club worked hard over the past 5 years to make strategic rule changes designed to make our lower CID small blocks more competitive with our big CID tractors. Ed Shoobridge made a great pass last week for a well earned win. It is good to see a small block get a win in this club.

Re: Natural Super Stock Videos from 2013 Dekalb Pull March 08, 2013 09:28AM
We have that class here in Wi. It is a Pullers Incorporated class. Only difference is we can run injection.

Re: Natural Super Stock Videos from 2013 Dekalb Pull March 08, 2013 12:36PM
Good thing the case broke and couldnt come back that saved the bridge from getting washed out be bad with no shoes on

Re: Natural Super Stock Videos from 2013 Dekalb Pull March 08, 2013 02:22PM
I'm a diesel guy that pulled a 1466 for 18 years but this is a neat class. Ed I haven't been to gordyville for about 9 years but I remember a 460 there that ran real well even against the big cube tractors. I would like to see this class run. I told people when I got home that 460 sounded like a ferrari. Where could I find a schedule of this class. thanks

Re: Natural Super Stock Videos from 2013 Dekalb Pull March 09, 2013 03:59AM
The Natural Super schedule can be found on this web page sometime in May. [www.coatpa.com]

The Natural Super 2012 rules can be found here [www.coatpa.com]

We made a few minor changes for 2013 to allow updated sheet metal and a 4" air valve for the fuel injected tractors.

Re: Natural Super Stock Videos from 2013 Dekalb Pull March 09, 2013 02:32PM
What I would like to know, is how does a Ford put the weights in the sand, the front tires in the sand, get a red flag from the flagger, and not end up in the pulloff?

Re: Natural Super Stock Videos from 2013 Dekalb Pull March 10, 2013 01:48AM
He bent a tie-rod and dropped out of the pull off due to breakage.

Re: Natural Super Stock Videos from 2013 Dekalb Pull March 10, 2013 06:10AM
No, that may have been the Case tractor.

He put it in the sand, the flagman told him to stop, at a distance of 218'10", the announcer said there was 3 tractors in the pulloff, then someone decided that a full pull would be 219.

WTF.

Re: Natural Super Stock Videos from 2013 Dekalb Pull March 10, 2013 06:46AM
I agree sfd823, watch the video, he was flagged and the front end was in the sand. My opion he should of been in the pull off. I'm very appreative of the win however it would of added to the class if it was a three way pull off. I knew the case was broke before I went out for the pull off. I could of bumped the sled and still won. That wasn't what people came to see. Tim Bieser owns the case and I asked him to be backed in, move weights and steer with the brakes, sounded good from my prospective but I wouldn't of done it either. I would like to thank the NA class and Central Ohio for having the class and thought the track was the best I ever experienced. Thanks again.

Re: Natural Super Stock Videos from 2013 Dekalb Pull March 10, 2013 07:19AM
These machines are impressive. What kind of power are they making? Do any of these guys run the Florida winter pulls?

Re: Natural Super Stock Videos from 2013 Dekalb Pull March 10, 2013 11:00AM
Yes. But I was also at the pull like you guys may have. They said Mr beiser would not be back due to breakage. At least that's what the announcer said.

Re: Natural Super Stock Videos from 2013 Dekalb Pull March 10, 2013 01:39PM
Yes, we bent the tie rod and when we tried to straighten it it broke off at the steering rack. Someone said they had extra dirt and dumped it at the end of the track and then coverd it with sand! A john deere broke the same part Sat. night in the light pro class

Re: Natural Super Stock Videos from 2013 Dekalb Pull March 10, 2013 11:02AM
Okay. I was wrong. I thought beiser was the ford. My bad.

Re: Natural Super Stock Videos from 2013 Dekalb Pull March 14, 2013 03:51PM
He has enough money in that 460 to build a nice super !!!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,653, Posts: 229,729, Members: 3,326.
This forum: Topics: 37,070, Posts: 225,916.

Our newest member JD_8520