Making a hitch for my g1355 any ideas or things that will and won't work March 31, 2013 02:23AM
Just looking for advice on how to make my hitch, and seeing if someone has done something that won't work and what does work, I am going to leave the p.t.o. housing on, as I am breaking the goldin rule of still farming with this tractor! at least for a couple of years
Thanks Kyle

Re: Making a hitch for my g1355 any ideas or things that will and won't work March 31, 2013 06:52AM
If Ya Farm With It,You need Second drawBar, Made Up. Slide It In When U Pull....

Re: Making a hitch for my g1355 any ideas or things that will and won't work March 31, 2013 12:20PM
Should I pull off the stock hooking point/ pin under the tractor, or pull from a point behind the back Axel, I know I have herd both side of the story, some say where the manufacture hooks is the best and some say behind the Axel for better weight transfer, but I guess where it is supported on the end of the draw bar, where where you can pin it to hold it in the center cause it to pull down as if where mounted just back there, or am I thinking wrong

Re: Making a hitch for my g1355 any ideas or things that will and won't work March 31, 2013 01:01PM
Well I Use ,Factory Point Of Hitch On Mine, Seems Good On Weight Transfer, We Have Redrilled Factory Drawbar,An Slid It Bac In For Pullin..An Slide It Back Out When Needed,, On 4440 We Just Had A Second Draw Bar Made, What Class Are U Goin To Pull?Cant Up Load Pic,, Send Me A Phone No. Or Email I Send Some Pic, I See If i Can Post Couple Pic.

Re: Making a hitch for my g1355 any ideas or things that will and won't work March 31, 2013 02:42PM
Maybe these will help.

Re: Making a hitch for my g1355 any ideas or things that will and won't work April 01, 2013 02:08PM
I am going to run a 12000lb. Non turbo class and they allow cut tires, iI still got to get some rims and tires so iI can know where i need to go up or down, then do iI just a clevis through my drawbar? Or make one with a big hole

Re: Making a hitch for my g1355 any ideas or things that will and won't work April 02, 2013 02:44AM
Let me know if you need some light rims.

Re: Making a hitch for my g1355 any ideas or things that will and won't work April 02, 2013 09:24AM
Make one with a big hole in it.. Or get a big clevis and weld it to a plate horizontal and bolt it to your draw bar.. (if you don't want to weld up a factory draw bar..)

Re: Making a hitch for my g1355 any ideas or things that will and won't work March 31, 2013 05:04PM
It doesn't make a bit of difference where the hitch is mounted to the tractor, so long as it fits the rules and is strong enough. For a puller that you still use, make a drawbar the length you want, and mount it like the factory one, with a way to adjust the height.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,643, Posts: 229,709, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,903.

Our newest member JD_8520