engine builders February 18, 2009 12:27PM
are there any honest engine builders left???seams every one promes big results then when doesnt do what suppose to.they dont stand behind there work or just sell you a bunch of junk..had a new limted pro built by a great engine builder in wisconsin..never got to 3500 rpm threw a rod out the side..said it was my fault and wont stand behind any of it..just wondering if any one else had this problem or am i the only one keep getting screwed???? former limted pro puller

Re: engine builders February 19, 2009 07:59AM
Who did the engine? How about the rest of the story

Re: engine builders February 19, 2009 08:14AM
How about their initials (sp?), so others don't make the same mistake. I suppose it was your fault because you didn't check their work before you assembled it, even though you paid to have the work done.

Re: engine builders February 19, 2009 10:00AM
I have had a similar problem, but the builder at least stood all the machine work and I just had to buy parts.

Re: engine builders February 19, 2009 02:51PM
the engine was a turn key thing..all we had to do is put in our tractor and plumb the fuel and water...he tried to tell us we put a dipstick in the oil fill and thats what through the rod out of the side..looks to me he made the rod caps so thin they just broke..cant say a name but his shop is in @#$%@#$%, @#^^&(^&&^#$$$!.. just wondering how many guys are getting screwed by all the builders out there???

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2009 01:24AM by Jake Morgan.

Re: engine builders February 19, 2009 03:19PM
Heck, Crower screwed up a connecting rod for me in 2002 and I spit a crank out on the ground at Washington, Mo.. And I even sent them a used rod to copy from before it happened. I didn't check the new one. I figured Crower knew what they were doing.
Obviously, they did not. I guess I was supposed to check it before I put it in. But, I told them to make it exactly like the used one other than the BEND in the used one. 7 years later and I am still pissed about that.
Clark

Re: engine builders February 19, 2009 03:58PM
Is this shop run by a guy named Garrett?

Re: engine builders February 19, 2009 08:18PM
This is a common thread when dealing with motorsports, pulling in particular. For every bad news story there is a success story that makes us momentarily forget about the other. I contracted a man to build an engine for a set fee it came in at 28% higher than what we agreed upon. The difference would have bought a very good used round baler and tractor. When confronted he said "these things always cost more than expected". He even tried to charge me for acetylene for his torch because he used it on my project. Unfortunately this type of hobby attracts people with disposable income and the unscrupulous will be ever willing to take advantage. You can always "take em to court" small claims in most states will get you about $5000.00 back if you can prove your case.

Re: engine builders February 20, 2009 01:09AM
all them crooks names should be posted so nobody else gets burned we have to stick together

Re: engine builders February 20, 2009 01:22AM
Please remember, if you’re going to post a negative experience with a builder or supplier you need to post:

- Your Full Name
- Your Phone Number
- Your Address

If you don't post that information your post will be deleted. If you’re going to speak ill towards a business, then that business also has the right to defend itself. There are always two sides to the story, and both sides deserve the right to defend themselves.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: engine builders February 20, 2009 01:31AM
wow that put a stop to the conversation real quick. its like my daddy says, if your going to get in bed with a person you should know them before you do.

Re: engine builders February 20, 2009 01:39AM
the problem jack they (the builder) know who they are and should defend them selfs openly we as the people should have to post full name ect.... THEY AS BUILDERS stick together and talk so you switch builders you could hit JOE SMO that helped build the first JUNK with JOHN DOE and GET ANOTHER %^%^%&^ because HE HAS YOUR NAME SO STOP TRYING TO PLAY SCHOOL TEACHER OR GOD IT IS WHAT IT IS .....

Re: engine builders February 20, 2009 01:54AM
But, if you are so chicken to put your name on your comments, why do you have a right to complain on here. I just wonder how much face to face the original poster had with this "poor" engine builder? As stated above, there is legal recourse in the courts. First motor I ever built myself never even made it out of the garage--threw a rod out the side of the block. Took the pieces back to the machine shop (best in the area and still is very good). They looked at the parts, determined that the wrong bearings were used ( I wondered why it turned over so hard when assembling). "Wasn't their fault", although I bought the "package" from them. Still best of friends with the second generation of the store (Arnold Auto Parts in Coldwater, MI). Moral of the story--always check the stuff before you put it together or run it for that matter if you don't get a guarantee. JW

Re: engine builders February 20, 2009 02:09AM
Jim, you are correct, there are people who think they can say things on the internet that they would never say to someone’s face. Without their name how are we to know if their story is a legitimate story? How are we to know they are not a competing builder bashing another builders product?

To puller2…
I’m not playing school teacher or God, I’m simply running the page I own in the manner I choose. In fact, it’s a manner I’ve chosen for over a decade now. The rules for this page in 1997 were the same as they are in 2009. I like to think this page is fair and balanced and has a high level of integrity and a solid reputation in the pulling community because we have rules that are fair for: builders, pullers, promoters, and fans. This page is by no means perfect, but the people I’ve chosen to help moderate this page, as well as myself do our best to keep a fair and even-handed approach.

By the way, there are plenty of engine builders and parts builders that don’t like each other. I don’t believe there is some huge conspiracy by builders that is out to get the pullers.

To the people who have had a bad experience with a builder…
Please feel free to share your experiences. I personally think there is a moral obligation to help your fellow pullers, (your friends) by letting them know how you were treated and how the products you purchased were not up to the standards you expected. I also think its imperative to warn other potential customers about bait and switch and/or inaccurate price quotes. Please always feel free to share those expenses, but please remember the rules of this page:

- Your Full Name
- Your Phone Number
- Your Address

Nobody ever said standing up for what’s right is easy, but you should still standup and do the right thing.

This has been my policy for the past eleven and a half years, and it’s not changing anytime soon!

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: engine builders February 20, 2009 02:32AM
JAKE I hope its not a conspiracy thats a FED GOV problem on the the shop builder. YOUR decade of work of this web and a century of whatching TNT pulling you of all people ( I HOPE) know that 98% all builders know each other FACT........

Re: engine builders February 20, 2009 03:03AM
I never said they didn't know each other. I'm sure there are alot of people that know me, but don't like me! So Yes, they know each other, but I don't think there's a conspiracy.

I love lame arguments… So let’s just say your right and you get blacklisted by every builder out there because you posted your name on the internet when a builder sent you a junk part. Don’t you have any friends? Don’t know a single person you could call and have them order the parts under their name for you? Don’t you have a family member with a different last name that could order the parts?

You’re argument just doesn’t hold water. People should spend less time looking for excuses or looking for reasons to justify being a coward.

So if you post your name with a negative comment once you’re going to be ostracized from pulling? If you post your name with a negative remark you’re going to be cast out? Shunned?

I guess I better stop signing my name as well!

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: engine builders February 20, 2009 03:24AM
we'd still know thats its you because there the only messages that would't be DELETED!!!!!!!!!!!!! FOR being a builder they just got to be honest If you here about them good or bad thats good for the consumer to know HOPefully they pray what the preach the webs the best way for consumers to find out about what there buying Builders use it for selling there and others stuff but they don't post the others name so if joe log in and received junk john doe agreeing that he received junk from other SURF THE WEB..........

Re: engine builders February 20, 2009 03:56AM
It was a joke! I’m not going to stop posting my name…. I post my name and criticize: companies, organizations, people, etc… and they still shake my hand.

If you don’t like the policies of this page don’t use it. The rules of this page aren’t changing. You can argue until you’re blue in the face, but I own the page, I pay the bills, and it’s my name, and my reputation on the page. So please remember, if you’re going to post a negative experience with a builder or supplier you need to post:

- Your Full Name
- Your Phone Number
- Your Address

If you don't post that information your post will be deleted. End of story.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: engine builders February 20, 2009 02:14AM
BANDIT I put all my motors together and do alot of machine for my self I don't have alot of machining done outside . This is a free web besides donation which I have several names and a profile name entered for this web. I didn't see you put the machine shop name that your using. Once again the shops should respond but don't THERE looking for a quick buck LETS SUE thats as good as they tell you when doing your work . TELL THE CLIENT WHAT THEY WANT TO HEAR NOT WHAT THEY NEED TO HEAR ITS ALL SALES.................

Re: engine builders February 20, 2009 04:21AM
The bottom line here is that if you have a bad experience with a company, share it with us!! Help keep someone else from wasting their money.

Jake, this is your site and you should be able to run it however you see fit. I think this is a great site, especially the classifieds.

Thanks for all you do for our great sport,

Dustin Elder
929 Sharon Valley Rd.
Newark OH 43055
330-853-3218

Re: engine builders February 20, 2009 04:47AM
I did not see where puller2 what or who he is talk about any machine shop does he or did he have any bad or good experiences with any

Thumbs Downsame IP addressConfused February 20, 2009 05:04AM
Ha heartbeat why don't you just ask puller2 your question, you both have the same IP address!

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2009 05:07AM by Dick Morgan.

Re: Thumbs Downsame IP addressConfused February 20, 2009 05:34AM
exactly same office different computer 3 different people WE are seeing if you can read what is coming in that so call ghost watch that means dick you can send a copy to the company thats being bashed and the buck doesn't stop at you . THERE shouldn't be any more deletion do to you know who is writing . AS you see we didn't bash any one .THANK'S Company calls send that IP

thanks jeremy

Re: Thumbs Downsame IP addressConfused February 20, 2009 06:19AM
People in this world need to grow a back bone and be honest builders. They way over charge in the first place! It's not that hard to put a engine together. order your parts and put it together yourself. more pride and can't blame anyone unless the parts you bought are faulty themselves.

builders February 20, 2009 01:56PM
I guess I don't understand why everyone hates engine builders and thinks they are all over priced. Most (not all) builders work long hours to keep customers happy to make sure they get to a pull. They deal with engineering R&D costs that can make your head spin to find the next latest and greatest part to give you a little edge untill everyone finds out about it, only then to have to engineer a new part to keep the sport moving fowrard. Oh and I forgot builders have to deal with rules that limit the parts they can assemble an engine with which in turn can hinder the reliability of an engine or drive up the cost to make it competitive. When John Deere builds a farm tractor they sell tens of thousands before they change the series. A performance builder may only sell 5 or 10 before an update in a series of parts. People do have to realize that these are mechanical parts and some times things can go wrong. Last I knew all builders were still human. Have you ever not had a problem with a new car, tractor, truck etc??? Most builders who are reputable do stand behind their work to some degree, but it makes it hard warranty something that may or may not have been their fault. If you think your parts are expensive I invite you to figure out the material its made from, a place to get the material from, a way to machine it, the size to machine it and assemble it while still doing your normal day job and have it ready for the next pull. Thats why there are professionals in all occupations its hard to beat a man at his own game. If all the engine builders had a deal going you would not have to buy the next 10,000 dollar part every year to stay competitive. Most builders are working to "one up" the next builder. Its competition same as on the track. We own a shop and build motors, I will honestly tell you that when I was a puller buying parts I thought those people where making a killing. Now that the table has turned I realize they were making a living just like everybody else.

Re: builders February 21, 2009 02:49AM
Mr. Castner you have nailed it 100%, I to have been on both sides of the coin. I to thought that when I was racing that the performance industry was raping the racer, But now being in the business for some thirty yrs. as a engine builder and designer, your right all were doing is making living not a high class living ether. The cost of just opening the doors everyday is just mind bottling, The equipment that you need to be able to complete jobs has really gotten out of hand. Most people do not take in consideration that the real cost of a race engine is not billed out!, I would bet that Mr. Castner will agree with me on saying that all of the R&D time is not billed into most jobs, if it was, your engines would be almost doubled in price.
"We as engine builders are not GOD" we can not control every step or move in an race engine, it makes it worse when you have to deal stock OEM parts to try and make power with it. Think of it this way, You have a farm tractor engine that was designed for lets say 200hp now your asking me to build that engine at 1000hp and make it live! and warranty it, not going to happen. Most all parts manufacturing now have policies that if it's used in any type of performance or racing there is no warranty on said parts, so how can I warrant any of the best parts on the market when they are not backing them. One last thing to look at, The Nascar guys have the best of the best in engineers, engine builders and very very deep pockets, Hours and hours of testing, and yep it go"s up in smoke.

Re: builders February 21, 2009 09:15AM
Ross Castner and BRMM ...................... I personally know the original poster of this topic. I also know who the engine builder/parts supplier is. I missed seeing the engine come apart firsthand by 2 minutes .................. If it were my money spent and it didnt last any longer than it did I would be very HOT!! Especially after finding out some of the particulars of the assembly proccedure. It was a bomb with the pin pulled before it was even started for the first time!! Yes I know most performance engines are timebombs themselves but this one...................... WAY more so than most!!!

Yes the original poster could have named names but he didnt and I wont either but DAMMIT I would be HOT!!

Re: builders February 22, 2009 11:55PM
this is a good talk between builder's and customers but Ross and BRMM if your building somthing you have to tell people its only good for 1or 2 pulls before you start not after. If your telling people its going to cost 30,000 dollars for a motor and it'll run with best and good for 16 to20 hooks then thats what you have to stand by.Myself and all others will bitch about the money but its all worth it . now saying that and she breaks on start up 1 to 12 hooks YOU KNOW THE REST. Problem( shop) what were you running what did you use THAT SHOULD OF BEEN the quetion ask when building the motor that should part off building not after for that kind of money YEAH some heads are worth more then $30'000 its just a starter!!!!!!!!!!

Re: builders February 23, 2009 04:39AM
I think the engine that the originator of this thread made it a TOTAL of 30 to 60ft and that being done thru 3? attempts at making passes. The pass that it came apart on was I think 15 total ft. YEAH good motor!!! I want one ............ NOT!!!!

Even if an engine builder was making you a "bomb" (I know they all are) It should still make a couple of COMPLETE passes before eating its lunch!!! Besides there are plenty of other engines in that class that are holding up just fine. This one should be squarely on the shoulders of the builder. Afterall it was a complete deal.............. bolt it in and go. NO final assembly by the purchaser. But thats my opionion and everyone has one

Re: builders February 23, 2009 05:26AM
raceing junk .com has a scammer site thats where i look or ask to see whos good or bad

Re: builders February 23, 2009 03:26PM
i started this tread just to see if its common place all the engine builders screw the buyers??? i started adding things up this 640 engine probly had 20,000 worth of parts in it but cost 60,000 to buy it.. getting screwed??? or not??? and thing it would at least make it down the track...it never even lived 5 seconds before punking a rod... dont you think the builder would help???? wassnt my fault the rod cap broke ( to thin).. we as pullers NEED to get the word out...or all the builders doing the same thing????

Re: builders February 23, 2009 11:47PM
then i guess you should name him and post your name and that will go a long way in clearing this up im having a motor built as well so it sure would be nice to know if were using the same builder or not thanks in advance for posting his and your name dave

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2009 12:13AM by Dick Morgan.

Re: builders February 24, 2009 12:13AM
I have no problem with what you are trying to do but, if you are so concerned about saving future pullers from getting ripped off how are you actually doing that by not putting your name and the builders name? The way I see it you are actually hurting every builder in Wisconsin by not putting down the details. I know for a fact there are some top notch builders in Wisconsin and that not all builders are bad. You (Limited pro) seem to be missing the point others are making, What are you hiding your name ? When you make an argument and only have people telling your side of the story, I would like to hear the engine builders explination before I condemn all his parts or work. I know of a circumstance where a builder was building a motor for a guy, the agreement was half down and the final half when done, Well he started building it and no money came in he made calls and still no $. He then put the engine on the back burner until the customer lived up to his end. The story I got from the customer was that it was taking forever to get his motor done, why is it taking so long he wondered.I later found out the reason that it was taking so long had noting to do with the builder but the customer! This is why I would like to hear the builders side not just yours and your friends.

Re: builders February 24, 2009 09:26AM
there that is our name and the engine builder is STAAB MACHINE

Re: builders February 24, 2009 11:02AM
Are you the guys that were wanting like 3,500 for a used header that you had for sale, said that they charged you like 6,000 for it. I can't believe that!

Re: builders February 24, 2009 02:01PM
Why in your right mind would you spend that kind of money on a builder that has not produced a winner in the pro stock division. In fact I am not crazy about any of their stuff....except for big block deere. Seems like an awful lot to shell out, hope that included fuel system and turbo.....but prolly not likely. WOW

Re: builders February 25, 2009 01:18PM
The younger of the Tantrum duo hasn't used said builder in 3 years.

Re: builders February 24, 2009 12:20AM
Yeah you can complain all you want but with out naming the source of you problems or your self. None of us know who you are talking about and the its just a rant without specific direction towards one individual. I have no idea who you talking about. To some degree some one who creates a product shoud stand behind it to defend themselves. But like we all know bad word travels like a wild fire in California and good word like molasess in Antartica.

Andy Keyes

Re: builders February 24, 2009 08:21AM
fordpuller do you know of any bad builders and if so put them on here so we can see them must know at least ONE.

Re: builders February 24, 2009 10:42AM
I can't say I know of any bad builders as I never had someone build me one. I build my own engines I do have some machine work done but its at machine shops that dont do tractor work. They just do what I tell them to do. Like any complaint there are 2 sides to every story. I don't know either side nor will I choose sides here.

Re: builders February 24, 2009 01:45AM
Man, for $40,000.00 I think names, addresses, phone numbers, height, weight, and hair color would be the least you would post. You did mention Marshfield, right?

Re: builders February 25, 2009 08:19AM
Speaking and clarifying the truth about what broke the block.

The engine block was assembled excluding the oil pan. The engine blocks dipstick hole was capped off, with out a dipstick, and the dipstick carriage. Brain Deck or one of Brian Deck’s employees installed the dipstick assembly. Again not asking any questions, and always in a rush. When we received the engine back still fully assembled, we took it apart. Upon review we found a dipstick and the dipstick carriage ( the round metal tube that fits in the engine block, and holds the dipstick.) in the bottom of the oil pan. They both were very damaged and bent up. Brain later admitted to us the dipstick assembly was installed by one of his employees. Upon further review we had found that the billet crankshafts counterweights had been hitting the dipstick carriage, and that eventually it caused the dipstick carriage to become wedged between the counterweight of the crankshaft and the rod cap. Inevitably leading to the broken cap and hole in the engine block located right next to the dipstick.. Also I will note that the only broken rod was the one next to the dipstick. All other 5 rods were in great condition. The thin theory of Brian’s doesn’t hold water. Was it just luck all the other rods are just fine? I doubt it. The facts tell the story.

Limited Pro Puller ( Brian Deck)
“I started this tread just to see if its common place all the engine builders screw the buyers??? I started adding things up this 640 engine probly had 20,000 worth of parts in it but cost 60,000 to buy it.. getting screwed??? or not??? and thing it would at least make it down the track...it never even lived 5 seconds before punking a rod... dont you think the builder would help???? wassnt my fault the rod cap broke ( to thin).. we as pullers NEED to get the word out...or all the builders doing the same thing????”

Brian bought a full blown Prostock long block. The only difference was that the cylinder head was an OEM that was filled and ported. All the other parts are the very same parts found in a Pro Stock. To say that he only received $20,000 worth of parts is discrediting himself. The only parts left from IH were the block, head casting, and front cover. All of which required machine work. We all know a Prostock engine is costly, with a billet crankshaft, billet camshaft, aftermarket roller lifters, billet connecting rods, ductile sleeves, Arias forged pistons, aluminum roller rocker arms, adjustable timing gear set, remanufacture front cover, ect. ect. If Brian thought the prices were unfair, then he had every opportunity to buy from one of our competitors.

Brian, we have heard from others what goes on, on your end. So before you continue slandering us, it is best you do a little thinking, and cool off. Maybe then, we and other people would be more willing to continue working with you.

In response to:
IH Fan
“Why in your right mind would you spend that kind of money on a builder that has not produced a winner in the pro stock division. In fact I am not crazy about any of their stuff....except for big block deere. Seems like an awful lot to shell out, hope that included fuel system and turbo.....but prolly not likely. WOW”

This past year has been successful for us. To say we have not produced a winner in the pro stock class is pretty far off base.

2007 PPL Champion. Martin family
2005, 2006, 2007 Outlaw Champion David Yarick
2008 Outlaw Champion David Yarick
2008 Duquion Pull: Prostock winner Gary Porter
2008 USA East (I believe that is the name of the series) points champion. Martin Family
2008 How many wins did the Doman family have. I believe they would have been a serious contender to win the points in PPL for 2008, if they could have attended all season. I just like to recognize that the Doman family did a commendable job building components around our cylinder head, and making the whole package work.

I would like to commend and congratulate all our customers on their accomplishments, and all of their hard work they have put in to pulling.

I would also like to squash the myth that engine builders have some kind of conspiracy against pullers. We don’t. We just don’t communicate about our customers like that.

Sincerely,

Eric Staab

Re: builders February 25, 2009 09:53AM
Looking back always roll an engine over by hand before starting. Not that it would be good for a crank or rods I think the billet crank and rods would chew up the dipstick and tube and not blow the rod. Never the less her is where pulling suppliers fail very very bad. They never give you any kind of instructions or list of dos and don'ts. They always seem to assume you know everything, know as much as the supplier does, or know what the supplier is thinking. It would have been very easy to say do NOT run a dipstick in this motor. Just like when a guy buys his first double disc clutch and nobody tells him about the cross shaft or casting clearances. Everything in pulling seems top secret. I would guess these guys are also mad about the price becasue it ended up costing alot more than they were told. That seems to be the new trend in tractor pulling. If a guys spends 60K on a engine that is at leaste half profit help him out a little.

Re: builders February 25, 2009 12:42PM
Communication is a very valuable commodity between a "wet behind the ears" customer and a seasoned builder. However we have assembled several 6" billet crank engines and always use the dipstick press in holder and the stock dipstick shortened right below the expandable rubber sealing surface and have never kicked a connecting rod ever! I would think..... using common sense,.... that the thin gauge material that the dipstick and holder are made out of wouldn't cause a cap to break off IMO .

Re: builders February 26, 2009 12:04AM
jake or dick thers a builders story

Re: builders February 26, 2009 11:47AM
just a thought. but i'm guessing the engine didnt start very easily the first time.so it would have hit the dipstick tube during starter cranking. Not idle or running. Good Luck

Re: builders February 28, 2009 12:02PM
If this was a complete motor, I don't understand why the dipstick tube and dipstick didn't come installed. If this motor needed a special dipstick, why didn't Staab Machine either put it in, or specify what the owner needed to purchase. Like the one puller said, they need to specify everything, even if they think you may know, you may not. I realize that there is no warranty in pulling, but something that didn't even make it down the track is a different story. I think after all of this, Staab Machine might want to think this over a little because people reading this will think twice about taking something there. If Staab helps this customer out, people will relize that they are workable people, if not, people will realize that they don't work with their customers. It is unfortunate that the engine costed more that the quote or estimate because you need to put money down before they even begin working on it. If the final price is more, you either loose your deposit, or have to pay the remaining difference. So once again, the puller gets screwed. It is really unfortunate. I want to wish you (the puller) the best of luck. Let us all know what happens.

Re: builders February 28, 2009 12:10PM
another i forgot to mention the oil pan didnt fit had to have that fixed, the head was suppose to be drilled for billet injectors that wasnt done!, we were missing two head bolts! staab had no clue wat to set the water injection.

Re: builders February 28, 2009 01:35PM
Was it a stock oil pan or custom ?

Re: builders February 28, 2009 03:21AM
you are claiming you do all martins engine work?
small blocks have always been riveride
you have heads on the big blocks,thats about it
martins have made their combinations work better than anybody with these heads

Re: builders February 28, 2009 09:41AM
The Dirt Slingin Deere & Porter's Gang Green are sbjd .

Re: builders March 01, 2009 06:53AM
I wasn't aware martin's owned yarick and porters sbjd'sEye PoppingGrinning

Re: builders March 01, 2009 11:54PM
well then you should get out of the house more .

Re: builders March 02, 2009 11:58PM
Pictures of the rod cap would be awesome !!!!

Re: builders March 05, 2009 04:27AM
Does anyone know if the engine was an IH, JD, ......or other?

Re: builders March 05, 2009 05:06AM
It WAS a complete turn key IH engine

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2009 05:06AM by KBacker.

Re: engine builders February 26, 2009 01:48PM
Has anyone done any business with Muller performance machine?

Re: engine builders February 27, 2009 02:20AM
I have done business with them for several years now, and have nothing but good things to say about them. Work has always been exactly what was promised (or better), and prices have always been very reasonable.
Tony Hassebroek
'Bankrupt Binder' SF

Re: engine builders February 27, 2009 03:35AM
Oh yeah, then why is your tractor called "BANKRUPT BINDER"??? Sorry, couldn't resist the irony.

Re: engine builders February 27, 2009 03:53AM
LOL!.......Good point, but the name has more to do with the "low-budget" that we tried (and I mean TRIED) to keep ourselves in when we originally built our tractor.....going from pulling div.V antiques to a superfarm was a little stretch on our so-called budget plan!

Re: engine builders February 27, 2009 04:09AM
Man I thought I was only one that had that problem. Maybe we need to start a support group, first meeting at Tomah???

Re: engine builders February 27, 2009 06:49AM
I'll bring the "fuel"!!

Re: engine builders February 27, 2009 08:55AM
Does Muller get the job done in time for you? Does he come in half way through the season and say he's got your stuff done?

Re: engine builders February 27, 2009 09:16AM
They've always gotten my stuff done in time, but I usually get my stuff up to them way ahead of time, and it probably helps that i'm only about 35 miles away from them also.....They always seem to have tons of work to do, and I have seen some projects run behind for them, but I think that happens at any builder......I think what usually happens is that someone gets lined up for a "simple, or quick" job that escalates into a whole lot more, and that just pushes everything back that much more.....

Re: engine builders February 27, 2009 09:27AM
I'll bring some too, you never know how big of a group we might get after the sun goes down.

Re: engine builders March 02, 2009 09:19AM
AV give me a call, when you get a chance.

Re: engine builders February 27, 2009 01:07PM
Green Buck Deere was already takin. LOL jus kiddin .

Re: engine builders February 27, 2009 02:19PM
Muller did my injection pump and injectors. He was very reasonable, and even machined a 3 bolt hub for a 4 bolt pump gear on the cnc for nothing, and I didnt even buy my pusher pump from him.When the pump hung a plunger, he fixed it fast, and stood behind it, not trying to blame me. He can be a little hard to get a hold of, but when it was critical to get the pump done, he did it right away. He must be alright, the grand national superfarm champion seems to do pretty good.(yeah yeah, quit at louisville) Ryan Kelly Hey 4055deere, when are you coming out to the shop to drink beer?

Re: engine builders February 28, 2009 03:03AM
Drink beer, or weld on your tractor? I don't know if I can do the second one, but I think I could stand a few beers...

Re: engine builders March 01, 2009 05:07AM
The man who drives Absolute Machines "310 Express" told me that he was very disappointed in STAAB Machines work. The business was shady and the work followed closely behind. This tractor looked very nice but barely ran the first few times on the track. I believe this tractor was start to finish at STAAB. Then it had to have much more work and wasted time put into it to make it run well. Not what I would want to be paying that kind of money for. Then man with the dipstick issue got screwed. If this engine would have been on the dyno before he got it back this could have been prevented by STAAB. Why wasn't this found before he received his engine?

Re: engine builders March 01, 2009 05:25AM
REI is the engine builder for 310 express .

Re: engine builders March 01, 2009 06:36AM
I'm surprised he got a motor if thats the case, he has to be the slowest builder i have ever seen always done next 2 weeks!

Re: engine builders March 01, 2009 09:05AM
I have 9600 ford, wanting to build farm stock or hot farm. Where is the best place to get that done

Re: engine builders March 01, 2009 11:41AM
Team AAR & Prairie Performance they are a one stop shop for farm-stockers! Not sure on ph # .

Re: engine builders March 01, 2009 02:34PM
Thanks I have thier number just have not called them yet.

Re: engine builders March 10, 2009 12:04AM
Is the sun up yet in marshfield ? We need pictures dang it,.... gotta have pictures !

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,704, Posts: 229,806, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,081, Posts: 225,953.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro