Cen-Pe-Co Oil August 08, 2018 03:59AM
Hello everyone, I have a hot farm IH 466 and I would like to start running a better oil with more zinc. I have been running Case IH 15-40 with some lucas zinc additive. I fear this oil doesn't have near enough zinc to protect the cam. Is Cen-Pe-Co oil a good choice? It seems like many years ago there were a lot of posts discussing cenpeco. I understand there are other good oils out there too. I was just curious if cenpeco is still considered to be high up in the ranks for tractor pulling. Thank you!

Re: Cen-Pe-Co Oil August 08, 2018 10:05AM
We have switched to Brad Penn. That is a high zinc oil. Green oil is the best.

Re: Cen-Pe-Co Oil August 08, 2018 02:23PM
I have several pullers that has given TriboDyn Oil a try. Our oil takes advantage of technology born out of the coating industry. Most oils rely on a combination of zinc and phosphorus to provide added protection. TriboDyn takes this a step farther by utilzying a patented technology that delivers a moly/ceramic layer that bonds to the parts. This dramatically increases the high load ability of the oil vs many others. The oil also resist breakdown, which is great if you have blowby issues.
Just another option in the market.
Joshua Mobley
High-Rev Technology
(731)574-1128
jmobley@high-rev.com

Re: Cen-Pe-Co Oil August 09, 2018 06:35PM
What is pricing on that oil josh? I've heard brad penn or Schaffer may be better than Cenpeco.

Re: Cen-Pe-Co Oil August 10, 2018 12:27AM
Just an FYI Joe Gibbs is now Driven Oil. Local engine builder went to a SEMA seminar, they couldn't say enough good things about Lake Speed Jr. He was with Joe Gibbs, i think he now owns Driven Oil.

Re: Cen-Pe-Co Oil August 10, 2018 02:41AM
Joe Gibbs zinc content .12

Re: Cen-Pe-Co Oil August 10, 2018 01:31PM
4010 Puller
Give a call or text me what oil weight you use and the amount you are interested in. I am able to offer good discounts based on the amount purchased.

Cell# (731)217-3399
Thanks,
Joshua Mobley

Re: Cen-Pe-Co Oil August 09, 2018 06:54AM
Here are the zinc contents of different brands of oil Cenpeco .24 Lucas ..14 Brad Penn ,15 Scaeffer .11 Amsoil .12

Re: Cen-Pe-Co Oil August 09, 2018 09:49AM
If choosing a 15w40 that is safe for emissions vehicles also the zinc will be low by design.

Now if looking for high zinc the designed racing oils in a 15w40 will fit the bill. And from what I have seen joe Gibbs Schaeffer and Brad Penn are pretty high parts per million.

Re: Cen-Pe-Co Oil August 10, 2018 01:02AM
I have run 15-w40 for years with no problems in my LLSS. Granted I change oil every 4-5 runs. Plus I add Lucas oil treatment with it.

Re: Cen-Pe-Co Oil August 10, 2018 03:15AM
stick with what your doing.

No need for high priced snake oil.

Re: Cen-Pe-Co Oil August 10, 2018 04:47AM
John Deere 15w40 plus II is .108 or 1080 ppm

Re: Cen-Pe-Co Oil August 10, 2018 06:09AM
Cen Pe Co Racing oil is 2400 ppm on zinc and phosphorus based on independent laboratories testing I had done. Interesting take on peoples opinions.

Re: Cen-Pe-Co Oil August 10, 2018 07:35AM
I had stated the ppm in decimals, thought that was simpler for them to understand , Good oil saves you money, costs are less in the long run

Re: Cen-Pe-Co Oil August 10, 2018 08:14AM
I used cenpeco in the past. Now use Brad Penn. (which is no longer and not Pa. crude). Anyhow I thought cenepco done a better job separating water off and knew zinc was higher. Question I got was it seemed to trap and suspend air bubbles a lot. Any thoughts? Was thunking of switching back.

Re: Cen-Pe-Co Oil August 10, 2018 10:53AM
Brad pen is no longer? When?why?

Re: Cen-Pe-Co Oil August 10, 2018 12:44PM
Brad penn is now called penn grade. Still called “the green oil” though. Made in USA

Re: Cen-Pe-Co Oil August 11, 2018 01:02AM
Before you go to the new penn grade (replaced brad penn) or even the old brad penn, test it. I have and found out their brake in oil has less zinc than cam manufactures recommend. I been told ground 0 is 900 ppm anything less than that premature ware on cams on flat lifter engines. There brake in oil is less than that based on my test results. There 20w50 racing oil is also low in zinc and phosphorus. Two years ago at the PRI show I brought the test results to there display and was referred to their chemist for answers and he could not give me any answers that made scence. One thing to consider is how many of the racing oils were engineered around the pulling world? CenPeCo is the only one I know of.

Re: Cen-Pe-Co Oil August 11, 2018 01:17AM
Answer to Used IT. CenPeCo Racing oils that are straight wt. (SAE40, 50, 60, 70, and 70plus. have a High Pressure Additive that eliminates air bubbles. As I understand it at some point with thicker oils air bubbles are a problem causing not 100% lubrication. CenPeCo's HPA oils eliminates that problem.

Re: Cen-Pe-Co Oil August 11, 2018 03:01AM
You all seem to focus too much on zinc and phosphorus only. 1500ppm and above will protect the flat tappet cams. There is much more than ZDDP to look at when choosing a quality oil to protect your investment. Base oil, Viscosity's at 40C and 100C, VI, pour points, flash point, fire point, dispersant and detergent package, other anti wear and extreme pressure additives. All the above you should research when selecting the oil to protect your performance engines and everyday vehicles, equipment etc. I personally use and recommend Schaeffer products. They have the complete package that produces an excellent lubricant, not only engines oils but grease, gear oils and hydraulic oils. Race oils with ZDDP levels around the 2000 + levels, high Moly content and great dispersant and detergent pkg. I have had several tractor pullers, stock car racers and drag racers tell me how much better the Schaeffer holds oil pressure when the system is hot, No longer having to replace bottom end bearings half way through the race/pulling season. I have personally been involved in Million plus mile engine tear downs that have run Schaeffer. Cleanest engines you will ever open up with very minimal if any wear.

Re: Cen-Pe-Co Oil August 11, 2018 04:58AM
I could of responded to all you mentioned above, however the question 1466HF I tried to answer. Also, test the oils and make a decision based on data not emotion. Bubbastubs refers to higher oil pressures when engine is hot that's because Schaeffer oil is a partial parifin oil. Schaeffer and CenPeCo are the only oils I know of that use Parifin base.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,641, Posts: 229,707, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,903.

Our newest member JD_8520