Welfare tractors built this year? June 30, 2013 02:30AM
How many Gov pulling tractors are running this year,, as in gov welfare check built tractors,, the only business with a welfare check gaurenteed!

Re: Welfare tractors built this year? June 30, 2013 03:14AM
If you are referring to farmers building pulling tractors, go f*** yourself, seriously. Feel free to spend well over a million dollars to put a crop in only to be at the mercy of mother nature. Truth be known if it wasn't for farmers building tractors pulling would not be near as interesting for you to watch.

Re: Welfare tractors built this year? June 30, 2013 03:30AM
Didn't know mother nature carried insurance. No real risk in farming with all the insurance and programs. Just the truth. Yes farming is important but that is just the facts. It isn't like it was 50 years ago.

Re: Welfare tractors built this year? June 30, 2013 03:53AM
No, it isn't like it was 50 years ago. Fifty years ago we didn't have USDA issuing bogus reports like the one that came out Friday. 50years ago we weren't nearly as dependent on foreign trade as we are today. Fifty years ago we didn't have to worry as much about the political agenda of the folks in Washington affecting our business. Is crop insurance too generous right now? Probably so, but don't blame farmers for taking advantage of a program put together by the same folks that voted to provide people, probably including you, with SNAP cards and free cell phones and 2 years of unemployment benefits, not to mention housing subsidies, subsidized health care, low interest housing loans, do I need to keep going? The fact is that every single person in this country is being provided with subsidies of some kind, and by the way, the "welfare" that you cry about as so horrible have kept many people that feed your sorry butt to stay in business. I would guess you work starve if you had to try and feed yourself with what you could grow.

Re: Welfare tractors built this year? June 30, 2013 05:18AM
Excellent post dirt farmer.

To add to that, fertilizer, fuel, seed, and land did not cost near this much 50 years ago.

Re: Welfare tractors built this year? June 30, 2013 06:41AM
Hang on Dirtfarmer.You say every person in the country is getting a subsidy of some sort.NOT TRUE here! Im a "minority" white male that runs his own business out of his own pocket.If there are subsidies out there for me,can you kindly point me in that direction? All I get from the government is higher taxes(to help pay for welfare,wether its farmers welfare or a lazy ass's welfare),my taxes are going up to keep those programs going.They make me pay workers comp,social security and unemployment( we know most farmers dont pay into any of those for their illegals.)They make me buy tags for my vehicles.some farmers operate "commercial custom" farming rigs that "should be" licensed,like spray and fertilize rigs that can run down the road with a commercial semi that pays fuel tax,road tax in each state and federal highway use tax and buys a high dollar license to boot.Now tell me whats the difference in a commercial sprayer that goes 60 mph and uses the same roads as the overtaxed semi??If its a commercial/for hire rig they should have to pay big license fees too.Just another form of more farmer welfare..If I got the government handouts that farmers got when my business slowed down I wouldnt bitch a bit.If I got price support for my product,I wouldnt bitch a bit,If I got paid to "not" produce,or leave some of my machines(acres) set idle,I wouldnt bitch a bit.All of the handouts should stop.If your lazy and dont want to work,then stay home and go broke.I dont give a crap.These government handout programs are for lazy people.
Im paying taxes to help pay for the illegals (farmers knowingly hire)These illegals are draining our resources,using free(to them) medical coverage,getting welfare,getting FREE child care and busing to our local school,while a white male and his white working wife have to pay ungodly prices for daycare for their children.Me as a tax payer is truly tired of supporting ALL of these handouts.If your a piss poor farmer,why should my tax dollars support you?If your a good farmer/businessman,you have nothing to worry about.if crop insurance cant keep you alfoat,sucks to be you!You need a 9-5 job.
My property taxes are being appealed as I write this.The county wants to raise my taxes due to their resources being tapped.The jobs are disappearing so there is a small tax base coming in to run the government.So in turn the county wants to raise my property taxes from $1300/yr to over $8,000 per yr!! Dam right Im pissed.But if they insist,I will close my business and y'all can work to support my ass! Im tired of working and just getting by to pay taxes to support handout programs!

Re: Welfare tractors built this year? June 30, 2013 08:05AM
If you really believe there really is no risk and guaranteed profits with farming, why dont you just start farming?

Re: Welfare tractors built this year? June 30, 2013 10:22AM
They make a sprayer that goes 60 mph down the road????????

Since you are so knowledgeable please direct me to this machine, sure would save alot of time moving between fields!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Re: Welfare tractors built this year? June 30, 2013 04:52AM
dirt farmer was right about the bogus crop reports if the govt would keep there noses out of the whole deal they coulldnt manipulate the markrts the way they do we all be better off

Re: Welfare tractors built this year? June 30, 2013 05:39AM
Very well stated Dirt Farmer!

Re: Welfare tractors built this year? June 30, 2013 05:13AM
absolutely agree with dirt farmer.

Re: Welfare tractors built this year? June 30, 2013 06:49AM
Sure hope the weather holds up its been so wet I didn't get fertilizer on 1100 acres between the money I saved on fertilizer and a big disaster check I get this fall im going to build me a new ss and call it the WELFARE BINDER hows that courious

Re: Welfare tractors built this year? June 30, 2013 07:16AM
Curious, Quite a post you started here. Some times people are misinformed about some things. I hope you will observe my perspective.
I am a farmer. I build and pull tractors. I do not receive any welfare checks. I have found it to be more profitable to farm my way not USDA's way. There are many farmers in my area that do not wish to get any goverment welfare checks because along with the money come the strings that tie you down to lackluster production, such as strict notill of any kind. So not all farms get welfare checks. If you have a problem with crop insurance subsidies then you are certainly not alone, we do as well. Farming is a risky bussiness. My lender would not give me a line of credit if I did not carry crop insurance, and he would be a fool not to require it. I barrow a little over a million dollars most seasons. I only farm 9 hundred acers and feed 400 head of cattle. If you would look at the math you might understand why we need to carry insurance. Land in my area rents for about $500, seed $80, fertilizer and herbicides $240, irrigation $140, + other costs put your input at around $1000. I buy 75% multiperil crop insurace. My yield history is 210 bu. That policy covers me for $862 and it would cost me $24 but with the subsidy only $11. So now I only am risking $140 per acer or $125,000, if I didn't carry insurance my risk is $900,000. Not a tough bussiness decition for my loan officer. I have about $500,000 of equipment that I have amassed over my 30 years in farming. My son would like to start farming. If you were a lender why would you want to barrow someone that kind of money with that kind of risk? If you are not a farmer why don't you start farming? Truth is farming is a risky ocupation. I wish the goverment did not have a farm program or crop insurance subsidies, I also wish the goverment would not give money to foreign countries, lazy people who don't try to work, illigal imagrants and many othe things but unfortunatly the elected officials don't seem to agree with what I want, ( go figure ), but they are suposedly following the direction of the majority of the people. Yes there are farmers who take goverment checks and buy pulling tractors, so your question "how many", I hope the answer is few. Please don't stereotype all farmer pullers as the same. We love this sport/hobbie and we love farming our hearts and our pocket books are in both. We don't wish to be looked upon with disrespect. Thaks Morgans for this site.
Can I ask what ocupation you are in? My father was a great, wise, hard working farmer, and he said it was much easier to farm in his age than these days. No goverment involvement messing with your markets every week. EPA, DEQ, and others interfering with your production.

Re: Welfare tractors built this year? June 30, 2013 11:29AM
Most of the farmers you see today got a start from fathers, great grand fathers, and several generations before them,their is no way a young farmer could start out today with nothing and survive,first of all that banker wouldn't loan him the million dollars needed,he would never have a chance to buy ground with all the land hungry high rollers giving record prices for ground,the truth is it is a situation of greed and the truth is the farmer can insure aginst a total loss the bussiness man in town can't he would have to close his door's and the farmers would set around the coffee shop and run him down and before you get to mad at what i said I have farmed and ran a bussiness in town I just didn't have enough greed to backstab,just watch a neighbor farmer pass away and most of the time the ground is sold or rented before the funeral. just like buzzards on a fence post.

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Website Statistics
Global: Topics: 38,763, Posts: 229,929, Members: 3,337.
This forum: Topics: 37,095, Posts: 226,025.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM