LSS dropped at Cloverdale October 24, 2019 05:40AM
Pretty self-explanatory. Guess the exhaust extension was non-negoatiable...

John Murray
Two-time Pedal Pull World Champion

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Re: LSS dropped at Cloverdale October 24, 2019 06:34AM
Well, that didn’t go well. So, now what? It seems this wasn’t thought out very well

Re: LSS dropped at Cloverdale October 24, 2019 08:00AM
What class are they going to replace them with

Re: LSS dropped at Cloverdale October 24, 2019 10:30AM
Just another example of the NTPA being totally out of touch with the pullers.

Re: LSS dropped at Cloverdale October 24, 2019 10:51AM
Pretty sure it had nothing to do with ntpa. Promoter said they had to figure out the fume problem or they couldn't run. They came up with the halfway tube idea and there was enough backlash the promoter said forget it.

Re: LSS dropped at Cloverdale October 24, 2019 11:35AM
Great......nice to see that they attempted to work towards a solution. I had really wanted to see that class, and now realize they are pretty much a bunch of self centered whiners. Nice job on trying to work with the promoter.

Re: LSS dropped at Cloverdale October 24, 2019 02:03PM
Maybe you should have stepped up and offered to pay the $1,000 or so per tractor the tube was going to cost, maybe for only 1 hook if it didn’t work out.

Re: LSS dropped at Cloverdale October 24, 2019 02:37PM
from what I can see the fact that the exhaust not extending behind the driver it would be a major issue with the full tube diesels have there is probably fumes and smoke but nothing like what that alcohol tube would be. think about it diesel smoke does not stay completely vertical when it comes out the pipe outdoors it spreads out some and alcohol fumes would be no different, only they are not as visible. turn that exhaust pipe 90 degrees in the general direction of a person and even with protective clothing it still doesnt seem safe dont fault the pullers for being concerned about their safety dont fault the promoter for wanting to reduce the fumes in the building for the pulling fans and dont fault the ntpa and whoever else was involved in trying to create a solution to the fumes there is a solution this wasnt it

Re: LSS dropped at Cloverdale October 24, 2019 03:39PM
Back in the 90s joe k injected water into the exhaust system to make white smoke,theres pics of it,wouldn't this work to put moisture into the exhaust,preventing a fire from starting??

Re: LSS dropped at Cloverdale October 24, 2019 11:20AM
So what class are they going to replace it with

Re: LSS dropped at Cloverdale October 24, 2019 11:31AM
Hopefully DSS!

Re: LSS dropped at Cloverdale October 31, 2019 09:48AM
I am bummed that the LSS class will not be in Cloverdale. It is my favorite class to watch. However, I get it. We go to this pull as a family. I have been to indoor pulls and the alcohol tractors fumes get bad. My wife and son won't enjoy it. So I understand a promoter not not wanting those fumes in the building. I understand the NTPA trying to come up with an idea to control the fumes. I also understand that is just an idea. It might not work. To all of the comments about the money for the smoke tube on the tractors. Yes, there is a chance it isn't going to work. However, pullers try a lot of things and spend lots of money on things that don't work or fail. $1000 won't put a dent in what those tractors cost to build. They also gave the pullers the option to try it. No one is being forced to do anything. I don't feel like anyone did anything wrong. The NTPA and Promoter simply suggested an idea. If the pullers don't feel it will work or don't want to try it, that's there call. How is anyone really wrong. Yes, I was really looking forward to that class, but I do understand the situation.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009